What 2nd Year Guy Must Step Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Out of our last Rookie class. Who needs to make the biggest step to earn his value? I'm gonna go with B.Jones. So much versatility there. He needs to be out there playing.

A55VA6

Legend
I'll go with Tavon Austin. I feel with a year under his belt, he can go into this season comfortable and not just make the big plays, but be a consistent WR in the slot and outside.

Ramequin

UDFA
Name
Anthony
There aren't many 2nd year players who need to earn their value, because the value is already there. I'd say McDonald though, because him staying healthy and productive would really ease the burden of trying to shore up the backside of the defense.

tonyl711

Starter
they all need to step it up a notch, and should with a year under their belts. but the ones I think will take the biggest steps forward this year are Austin and Bailey.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm with you Juggs, Jones needs to step up. Would have gone earlier if not for his injury. Austin already has his place, as does Ogletree and Mcdonald and Stacy. Mcgee needs to step up to retain an active roll on the roster, but I think we draft a better prospect this next draft so that doesn't matter much. Bailey has already earned more playing time, so given a bigger role in his 2nd year, I don't see them giving him problems if he doesn't get 1k yards. Jones though should do more than his draft point dictates IMO, and should.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Tavon won't have so much pressure this time, it will be alot easier for him this year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The way it's worded it's Tavon , take out "earn his value " and insert ,establish his value and I agree it's Barret Jones, Tavon has so much vested in him to earn both in terms of draft position and expectation, it's hard to imagine a little package like that ever living up to it all,I hope he does ,I was all farts and giggles when we traded up to get him.
Jones has to step up and I think he does,I think he knows what has to be done and he will do it.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Bailey has more potential than TA at times. This dude needs to start (which I think he will soon) and when he does, he needs to prove to be a consistent WR

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tavon or McDonald. Both could be equally dominating in terms of being a difference maker from last season. Tavon more so,but if TJ emerges in our secondary as a master of disaster then our entire front seven will look better. This can be also said of J.Jenkins emerging as a shutdown corner,but this will be his 3rd year so....

If Tavon plays like Tavon played his last 4 games of last season then I'm happy, so that wouldn't be a step up just a continuation.
Same goes for Stedman.
Ogletree, McD and Stacy were already pretty damn good as rookies, if they can step up slightly then they should be pushing into the "excellent" category.
McGee it would be great if he could become a role player, I see us drafting a CB in the first 3 rounds so t's not needed for him to step up.
So I suppose the answer is Jones, he needs to go from not making the game day roster at the start of last season to a good starter this year, if they believe he can that allows us to cut Dahl and either re-sign Saffold or draft an OG in the first 2 rounds.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
They all need to step up but Tavon can make the biggest difference.

If he can keep linebackers and safeties on the back foot, that helps our running game enormously.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Barrette Jones

We red shirted him last year and we need a stud OG. He has that potential and it's time for him to earn his money.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I think we might also factor in our new DC in this ,there are a few soph. defensive players who could become absolute beasts in Williams blitz packages Ray,Ogletree and McDonald each or all could emerge as stars.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
With Williams at DC Ogletree is gonna shine. Add more sacks and a couple more int's to his rookie season LOOK OUT. Would also like to see them draft Pryor at 13. D is gonna be nasty!

jjab360

Legend
If no other changes are made to our receiving corps, then TA and Bailey should be our starters next year. They're both very talented in their own ways, but we really need them to step up to the plate and play like experienced veterans asap.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If no other changes are made to our receiving corps, then TA and Bailey should be our starters next year. They're both very talented in their own ways, but we really need them to step up to the plate and play like experienced veterans asap.
I only see that in 4 sets ,can't see us going that small in 3 sets,I think in 3's they alternate positions and personnel but Tavon and Bailey will rarely see the field together there.