We Can't Stop the Run. 1 Guess Why

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrMotes

Starter
Westbrooks playing in Brockers spot

Exactly. That would never happen in a real game. You'd see Fairly in there but in preseason they don't want to mess up their packages and rotations so they stick a DE in Brockers spot...

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I think GW only has one play...Blitz!
That and have the DBs play off 10 yards...yeah that'll work!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No offense bro, but essentially get a sack was not the point...the post was regarding RUN DEFENSE....sounds like you're trying to find a reason to not address a huge problem...as far as that attempted tackle on the sack, looks like the main problem right there...rookie QB, in your sights, and our MLB can't bring him down..but instead slides down his leg as he throws the ball away...weak attempt at a tackle IMO...

Are you talking about this play http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20150...ameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000515031&tab=videos

The one and only long run?

This isn't the first long run and it won't be the last.

It sure as hell ain't gonna define a season.

BTW our MLB has brought down QBs before, probably will again.

It's one play in a preseason game.

If we are going to set some crazy unrealistic expectations we're all going to be disappointed. Teams are gonna get their plays and yards, but the biggest thing is to limit points. And they allowed 3.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some DEs can do that. Others can't. Westbrooks can't. He gets pushed around easily.
Did you know that before last night? And do you know what they were looking at/for when they put him in that situation? There could be a thousand reasons why they took a look at him there, and DC incompetence isn't one of them.

You know, IMO.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What did we sign Fairley for if Westbrooks is starting over him?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I read somewhere that the coaches wanted to see Westbrooks at DT. It had nothing to do with the DT play of Fairly or the others. It also had nothing to do with the play of Westbrooks at DE

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you talking about this play http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015082353/2015/PRE2/rams@titans#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000515031&tab=videos

The one and only long run?

This isn't the first long run and it won't be the last.

It sure as hell ain't gonna define a season.

BTW our MLB has brought down QBs before, probably will again.

It's one play in a preseason game.

If we are going to set some crazy unrealistic expectations we're all going to be disappointed. Teams are gonna get their plays and yards, but the biggest thing is to limit points. And they allowed 3.
Actually, I believe the poster was talking about the run defense of the starters, versus the run offense of the Titans...in the first 3 series...the starters...Not the entire game. And not just one play...That play did stand out, probably due to how soon it occurred in the game. Don't know the overall first half stats. But it didn't look good...Definitely not top 5...(unrealistic, meh, I've heard we should be elite)
And I'm not blaming JL for the entire defensive effort, as team defensive "captain" he does share a load of the responsibility, but not the entire blame..Team game...Scheme game...I'm looking for some 3 and outs vs a rookie QB..Not a bunch of failed blitzes & missed tackles...LB's as a WHOLE didn't do much for me...my only opinion being, is it the players (maybe) or the coaches (more likely)......

V3

Hall of Fame
Did you know that before last night? And do you know what they were looking at/for when they put him in that situation? There could be a thousand reasons why they took a look at him there, and DC incompetence isn't one of them.

You know, IMO.
Well, I noticed it in the first game. Saw it again in the second. I'm noticing a trend. If they continue playing him there and he continues to fail, yes, I'm going to question the coaches. Go ahead and keep trying him out at DT for the rest of preseason. But if he doesn't show any improvement by the start of the season, why would I expect it to suddenly change against better competition?