We can beat the Chefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well that was fun! :party:

We have to keep the beat rolling and win this next game vs the Chefs and I think we can. If we can play four whole quarters of football we will win. It's not to early to start looking forward to next week. Let's get the chatter started. Hopefully KC leaves a lot on the field in the hot SD sun today.

Is anyone planning on going to the game? Arrowhead is a great place to watch a football game and they have a great hookup on tailgating with a humongous parking lot.

Damn right!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes!!!!
We need to go on the road, a very hostile place to play, face a good team.... and give them a beat down.

If they do that, these guys could really find their stride and make a season out of it.

Besides, I would simply enjoy seeing all these asshole Chiefs fans get a little humbled by Missouri's "other team".

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
The key to beating KC is limiting Charles. Easier said than done, but I think we can do it. We've limited some great runners this year: AP 75, Murray 100, McCoy 81, Gore 39, Lynch 53.

They're a west coast offense, that really doesn't air it out too much. We have to tackle well and play the WRs and TEs close. Its more about the formations and different personnel groupings they use. Kelce & Fasano are good TEs, but we have limited TEs all year. Their WRs don't concern me much, even Bowe. We need to keep Smith in the pocket and get pressure. Imo our DL>their OL. Have to account for their WR/RB Thomas who has basically taken the Dexter McLuster role.

Offensively we'll have our hands full vs Hali, Poe, and Houston. I hope Robinson & Saffold can help Wells with the MAMMOTH that is Dontari Poe. I hope we've cleared up some of the protection issues we had vs SF because KC's DL is as good if not better. I think their weakness is the secondary. Sean Smith is an average CB and can be beat. Eric Berry has been banged up with a high ankle sprain, so Idk if he'll be able to go. I think we can shred em up the seams with Cookie. I think Quick gets back to 50+ yards this week.

All in all its a tough game, but what game isn't this year? The on thing we haven't had this year is a 4 QUARTER defensive effort. In the blowouts last year we played good ST and scored plenty on offense, but we also had SACKS and TURNOVERS. The D is the only thing that has held us back from pulling away from teams like Dallas, SF, and Seattle. We're due for a big day from the D

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Looking forward to it. Taking the whole family, all 6 of us. Arrowhead is a great venue and the place will be rocking. I expect the whole city to be buzzing from the World Series, and should carry over to Sunday's game.

The formula is the same. Stop the run, get a lead, and play mistake free football. This game is winnable.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
If it wasn't for Wilson's scrambling/running ability the Rams would have won handily. Smith isn't the in the Romo/Kaepernick/Wilson ballpark when it comes escapability. I like the Rams chances if they can play like they did today (and the refs decide they are allowed to beat the Chiefs).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Looking forward to it. Taking the whole family, all 6 of us. Arrowhead is a great venue and the place will be rocking. I expect the whole city to be buzzing from the World Series, and should carry over to Sunday's game.

The formula is the same. Stop the run, get a lead, and play mistake free football. This game is winnable.

Should be fun, that sports complex with the 2 stadiums is pretty nuts!

arrowhead+2.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes, it's a winnable game. Yes, we can beat anybody.

This is a brutal stretch, though. If we go 4-0 in this stretch then we're contenders.

Penguin.

Rookie
If we win, we are gonna need to do some things.

1.) Don't stack the defensive line. If Charles breaks through, no one on our defense can catch him. He has too much speed for our safteys and corners to try and catch.

2.) Less blitzing, more stunts. Brockers is too big to win one on one's in the inside. Make him eat up two people, let Donald and Quinn get one on ones. Last year I know Quinn got a plethora of sacks from going to the inside from the outside. It really confuses the opposing offensive line, like it did to us against the 49ers this year.

3.) Play smart football. Other than an idiotic play by Brian Quick, in which he threw a punch at a no named corner, we played very smart football. It really helps when opposing teams give up hundreds of yards in penalties to us, instead of vice versa.

4.) Don't ask too much from the line backers, because none of them are playing good. Our defensive line and defensive backs hopefully can cover our LBers asses, otherwise we are screwed against Charles. Good news is that Jenkins, Gaines, and Joyner are the three best run stopping corners in the league, and their coverage skills are no joke.

5.) Use Mason. Mason is clearly outplaying Bam Bam and without a doubt is outplaying Zac Stacy. We cannot say how good Zac was last year as an excuse. Mason is playing great ball NOW. Stacy isn't. Bam Bam is a good 3rd down option, but Mason has to be our guy for us to win. He provides a burst and raw speed that no one else on our team can provide.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the approach defensively will be very similar to what we've seen vs SF and Seattle. Rams aren't gonna change what they do, which is being aggressive. Williams will dial up blitzes for run and pass depending on down/distance. They should be able to stuff the run, as they are starting to look very consistent at doing that even against good/physical offenses.

Where the game really hinges is when the Rams' offense is on the field. They need to play like they did today. Run the ball, mix it up, let Davis take shots here and there when it suits them. KC has a very good defense so it's gonna be a tough matchup.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know nothing of the Chiefs. But if we were close in every game against all the heavy weights, I don't see why we can't beat the Chiefs..Plus one of my good friends is a Chiefs fan, so the Rams better mop those fools up.

Penguin.

Rookie
The only thing that scares me is Charles. I guarantee we stack the LoS, and he busts one for 50+ yards. I hope it doesn't happen, but it will.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The D is the only thing that has held us back from pulling away from teams like Dallas, SF, and Seattle. We're due for a big day from the D
100% correct. We're 4-2 with last season's defense IMO.
Fisher emphasized the poor defense in his post game presser today, so there will be emphasis on getting better there.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We can beat them. We need to be more consistent and play a whole 60 minutes though. We really only played like 40 there. If we can play every snap, every second, we're the best team in the NFL my opinion. Nobody can beat us when we're playing our best football, it just doesn't happen often.

Whoa man can I have some of that Kool Aid , I do sort of agree though we can beat everyone in the league INCLUDING OURSELVES,young damn team learning how to win .

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Do we feel like the Rams played a complete game against the 'Hawks? I don't think so... they came SOOOOOOO close to a complete game, though. Many people have said (and I agree) that playing a complete game is something you have to experience and learn how to do. After three big-lead-OMG-WTF-Comeback-BBQ games against the Cowboys, '9ers and Seahawks, I hope they're learning fast.

This team has talent. I'm still not at all sold on Austin Davis, but hey, I've been wrong a lot. The trick is to play up to that talent for four quarters.

It will come down to a lot of things, but mostly, IMO, playcalling and execution. When the Rams are on - and unstoppable - they're playing smart, Schotty is calling creative football that plays to his players' strengths, and most importantly, they're not making stupids. When it goes wrong is when they start to get out of control and over-gamble, or take dumb penalties, or start hucking the ball 10-30 yards downfield on too many plays (see the 2nd half of the SF game).

I was thrilled we won yesterday. I want to feel comfortable with a 21-3 lead, though. I want the Rams to show me that they can take a big lead and not sit on it, but keep playing the way that got them to where they are. KC would be a nice place to start.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Do we feel like the Rams played a complete game against the 'Hawks? I don't think so... they came SOOOOOOO close to a complete game, though. Many people have said (and I agree) that playing a complete game is something you have to experience and learn how to do. After three big-lead-OMG-WTF-Comeback-BBQ games against the Cowboys, '9ers and Seahawks, I hope they're learning fast.

This team has talent. I'm still not at all sold on Austin Davis, but hey, I've been wrong a lot. The trick is to play up to that talent for four quarters.

It will come down to a lot of things, but mostly, IMO, playcalling and execution. When the Rams are on - and unstoppable - they're playing smart, Schotty is calling creative football that plays to his players' strengths, and most importantly, they're not making stupids. When it goes wrong is when they start to get out of control and over-gamble, or take dumb penalties, or start hucking the ball 10-30 yards downfield on too many plays (see the 2nd half of the SF game).

I was thrilled we won yesterday. I want to feel comfortable with a 21-3 lead, though. I want the Rams to show me that they can take a big lead and not sit on it, but keep playing the way that got them to where they are. KC would be a nice place to start.
I think you probably speak for most everyone here and I think it will come .
As far as Davis goes after yesterday against the "Legion of Boom' I can't see how anyone couldn't be sold on the kid until something changes . They have three pro bowl caliber defenders in that secondary and Davis had 3 incomplete passes one drop ,one throwaway ,and one where the defender reached in from behind the rec. IOW none of his incompletes were his fault ,none .