Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I don’t see how this doesn’t backfire.

Baker was good enough. Watson isn’t going to help a sinking/sunk ship. I don’t even think Brady or Rodgers would make them better.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I very much enjoyed hearing about the Browns pulling off this trade.

NFL franchises that come out of nowhere in the last minute and land an impact player is very entertaining.

It's not fun when you're a Rams fan and a player like Von Miller decides to sign with the upstart Buffalo Bills.

I don't hold any grudges though. This will continue to happen for many years in the NFL.

Money talks and it especially does when an NFL franchise charms a player and his agent with more dollars to sign with a team that has top 10 talent on their roster.

Good for the Browns.

Good for the Bills.

Good for all of the NFL franchises that swoop in at the last minute and change a players/agents mind to sign the dotted line.

This has been one of the best ever NFL off seasons and it's only March 18th 2022.

Looking forward to the next coming weeks of what going to happen.

entertainment-musical-musicians-musical_instruments-buskers-street_entertainers-pdrn55_low.jpg

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
And that is why they're the Browns.
hope there is enough money left field 53 players
Making jaguar deals seem almost normal

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
@Angry Ram What you think of your former neighbor Watson?

Good riddance. Dude was crying all happy and shit about signing a new deal in Houston, all about the city blah blah blah. Even after BOB trading away Deandre Hopkins (btw how has he been doing in Arizona?)

Then be gets butthurt that he wasn't involved in team decisions and wants out. I got pissed long before he first got accused.

Look at Matthew Stafford. That dude put up with shit in Detroit for 12 years before being requested. Hell he just made a goddamn ATT commercial playing on that.

Now look at this whole process. Deshaun so worried about choosing his next team. The decision is SOOOOO hard. Get the fuckkkkkk over your ego. You haven't done shit yet.

Have fun in Cleveland. Hope Joe Burrow outduels you twice a year. I hope the TJ Watt sacks the shit out of you so bad that you WISH you could get a massage.

Texans gonna be trash with or without him. Doesn't matter there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good riddance. Dude was crying all happy and shit about signing a new deal in Houston, all about the city blah blah blah. Even after BOB trading away Deandre Hopkins (btw how has he been doing in Arizona?)

Then be gets butthurt that he wasn't involved in team decisions and wants out. I got pissed long before he first got accused.

Look at Matthew Stafford. That dude put up with shit in Detroit for 12 years before being requested. Hell he just made a goddamn ATT commercial playing on that.

Now look at this whole process. Deshaun so worried about choosing his next team. The decision is SOOOOO hard. Get the fuckkkkkk over your ego. You haven't done shit yet.

Have fun in Cleveland. Hope Joe Burrow outduels you twice a year. I hope the TJ Watt sacks the shit out of you so bad that you WISH you could get a massage.

Can you please tell me how you really feel?

dang

Legend

The NFL is made up of Human Haves and Human Have Nots. The Rams are clearly loaded with Human Haves (top to bottom). Other teams are not so lucky with their fill of Human Have Nots.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Ok, so trying to read between the lines here. Are you saying you don't like him? Because your post sorta maybe puts out some vibes like that, but hey, I want to be extra sure.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So…
Watson— overpaid
Miller— overpaid (gonna miss him)
ARod—overpaid and lost his star receiver
Pretty soon someone will offer a second for Jimmy G. (Psst: it already happened)
Robinson — not overpaid. Thanks Rams.
OBJ—?

What more is to come? It’s been very interesting this year. The Rams broke the NFL. Awesome. We are the target this year. Get ready!

sloramfan

Starter
the deshaun watson i've seen is above average good... elite? fuck no...

he'd have trouble holding on to matthew staffords jock strap...

cleveland is what they are, a place to go die...

good luck deshaun... love that city...

go rams

slo

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I like the quote from a player who said they “may be hust a Matt Stafford away from a Super Bowl”

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
First Wilson, now Watson; Broncos and Browns front office copycatting Snead's risky dice rolls. I expect a lot of NFL teams to be in the rut if they continue lol

dang

Legend
Look no further than recent history of Browns head coaches. Until that’s fixed it’s SOSAB. Browns fans deserve better!!

jjab360

Legend
no link, I just remember. Watson was qb McVay wanted, then the weirdness and we got Safford..
train
Ok. I don't remember seeing that anywhere though and a google search came up empty as well.

As far as I can tell Stafford was always McVay's guy out of the QBs that were available last year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They asked about Watson for two reasons...

1) he was making noise demanding a trade. Basically everyone who didn't have Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers or Wilson was making a call to inquire. We did. Texans told everyone to kick rocks. Cool.

2) AFTER Brad Holmes took over the GM job, Stafford let it be known he'd like to move on and not go through another rebuild with another HC. They worked it out.

IMHO, Stafford was the MUCH better fit. He's maybe the perfect QB for McVay. He's nails in the 4th quarter, tougher than a $2 steak, has wicked high football IQ, and can make every throw from every angle.

That no look pass in the Super Bowl was so ballsy, Stafford could have one ball removed and STILL need a wheelbarrow to move his nut around...

The upside for Watson is his youth and raw talent. He's really good.

That said, I dunno that we win the Super Bowl with Watson.

jjab360

Legend
They asked about Watson for two reasons...

1) he was making noise demanding a trade. Basically everyone who didn't have Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers or Wilson was making a call to inquire. We did. Texans told everyone to kick rocks. Cool.

2) AFTER Brad Holmes took over the GM job, Stafford let it be known he'd like to move on and not go through another rebuild with another HC. They worked it out.

IMHO, Stafford was the MUCH better fit. He's maybe the perfect QB for McVay. He's nails in the 4th quarter, tougher than a $2 steak, has wicked high football IQ, and can make every throw from every angle.

That no look pass in the Super Bowl was so ballsy, Stafford could have one ball removed and STILL need a wheelbarrow to move his nut around...

The upside for Watson is his youth and raw talent. He's really good.

That said, I dunno that we win the Super Bowl with Watson.
It's hard to imagine a better fit for this offense than Stafford. Rodgers or Mahomes from a talent perspective maybe, but I don't think they would be on the exact same page like the McVay-Stafford-Kupp mind meld trio.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can you please tell me how you really feel?

Oh trust. There's a lot more. Like how most of his games were empty calories. Matthew Stafford took so much shit b/c of that, and not one peep of that w/ Deshaun. Another double standard in the NFL world.

The NFL is made up of Human Haves and Human Have Nots. The Rams are clearly loaded with Human Haves (top to bottom). Other teams are not so lucky with their fill of Human Have Nots.

OR..the Rams will make the Human Have Nots become the Human Haves.

Ok, so trying to read between the lines here. Are you saying you don't like him? Because your post sorta maybe puts out some vibes like that, but hey, I want to be extra sure.

I'm just living up to my name. It's been a hot minute since I've went to my evil place.