Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like Browns fans won’t see their new QB for a while. Lots of rumors pointing to at least 1 full season.

The NFL Prepares to Push for an Indefinite Suspension of Deshaun Watson​

The league is angling for a ban of no shorter than one season for the quarterback who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual assault or misconduct
And here I thought it was a conspiracy to pay off his accusers and let him off free and clear :D

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Looks like Browns fans won’t see their new QB for a while. Lots of rumors pointing to at least 1 full season.

The NFL Prepares to Push for an Indefinite Suspension of Deshaun Watson​

The league is angling for a ban of no shorter than one season for the quarterback who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual assault or misconduct
Say what you want about him, Goodell’s job is to create value for the owners.
He has been incredibly successful doing this.

This is another example of it.

Goodell understands that the NFL coming across as strongly against abuse against women (in 2022) is much more valuable than what one high end / exciting QB can generate in revenue.

NFL understands that it can not seem less concerned than MLB.

This decision to me has little to do with Watson.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It can't be good for Watson that his disciplinary hearing begins Tuesday and a woman is going to decide his fate.

The way Cleveland set up his contract, he won't lose a lot of money in 2022. But if they take their time deciding, maybe 8 games at the end of 2022 and 8 more to begin 2023 would work.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The way Cleveland set up his contract, he won't lose a lot of money in 2022. But if they take their time deciding, maybe 8 games at the end of 2022 and 8 more to begin 2023 would work.
Too much pressure, I believe they are going to suspend Watson for a year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I don't believe Cleveland should have done this deal. If nothing else, it's a bad look. Then again they signed Kareem Hunt so maybe the precedent was set then. Sheesh...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. That doesn’t appear how they structured his deal.
The tweet is a little confusing or badly worded imo. I think what they should have said was his 2022 low $1 million base would move back to 2023 and that base of would move back to 2024 etc.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I always thought "guaranteed money" meant you received that money no matter what. But what do I know?

I know if he's suspended for a season, the next time he plays in an NFL game (September 2023), it will have been 32 months since the last time he played in an NFL game. Could be worse. Kaepernick hasn't played in 66 months.

oldnotdead

Legend
Regardless the public optics for the Browns has got to be horrific. The team that couldn't quit stepping on their own dicks kind of optics. Couldn't happen to a better scumbag organization. The Rams and Browns are polar opposites when it comes to ownership. Once again it highlights how fortunate we are to have Stan as the owner.

His buying the properties in Woodland Hills is how he continues to generate excitement for the franchise and why they are the undisputed premier NFL team in LA. When he finalizes his plan for his practice center and franchise HQ it will simply continue the public interest generated by SoFi.

Props to Stan Kroenke from a proud and grateful fanbase.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Suspend his ass for two years then.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I imagine the Houston Texans front office is a fun place to work today. :laugh4:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine the Houston Texans front office is a fun place to work today. :laugh4:
Listening to those people and the owner talk I’m not sure it was ever fun. But they could see an ownership change forced on them soon.