Was wondering about Boras.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Does anyone know what he is doing nowdays? Is any of the Rams 2016 O coaching staff still employed in the NFL other than the Skip Peete?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
boras-player-card-new.jpg

ROB BORAS
Tight Ends

Rob Boras enters his first year with the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after being announced on Tuesday, January 17 as the team’s tight ends coach. ROBBORAS TIGHT ENDS COACH 14TH YEAR IN THE NFL 1ST YEAR WITH THE BILLS 2012-16: (with Rams) • Originally joined the Rams as their tight ends coach in 2012 before being promoted to assistant head coach/ offense and eventually interim offensive coordinator for the final four games of 2015 and all of 2016. • In Boras’ offensive system, Rams rookie QB Jared Goff became the first rookie to throw three touchdowns in his first road start and WR Kenny Britt became the first Ram to record 1,000 receiving yards since the 2007 season. • In 2013, Boras guided TE Jared Cook to franchise-bests with 141 receiving yards in a single game and 671 receiving yards in a season. Collectively, the Rams tight ends combined for 97 receptions for a franchise-record 1,047 yards. ADDITIONAL COACHING HIGHLIGHTS 2010-11: (with Jaguars) • In his first season in Jacksonville, Boras led TE Marcedes Lewis to career-highs with franchise-records with 58 receptions for 700 yards and 10 touchdowns en route to his first Pro Bowl appearance and first by a Jaguars tight end. Lewis went on to lead the Jaguars in receiving in 2011, the only time a TE led the team in receiving in a singleseason. 2004-09: (with Bears) • Boras led the Bears TEs to an NFL-high 13 receiving touchdowns in 2009 with Greg Olsen leading the way with a career-high eight scores. • In 2008, Olsen and Desmond Clark combined for 95 receptions, the most ever by a TE duo in team history. 1999-2003: (with UNLV) • Served as the offensive line coach for two seasons before finishing his tenure by adding offensive coordinator to his responsibilities. 1998: (with Benedictine University) • Served as a head coach for the only time in his career during the 1998 season. 1994-97: (with Texas) • Served as an offensive assistant. 1992-93: (with DePauw) • Spent two seasons as an offensive line coach at his alma mater.

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/pdf-bios/Boras-Rob.pdf

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chris Weinke is currently an offense analyst at the University of Alabama.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rob Boras seemed like a nice guy, but he needed firing so hard....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Google and Wikipedia are pretty good.
But we needed your superior research and analytical skills in interpreting the data. In fact, give your self a raise.....

Psycho_X

Legend
• In Boras’ offensive system, Rams rookie QB Jared Goff became the first rookie to throw three touchdowns in his first road start and WR Kenny Britt became the first Ram to record 1,000 receiving yards since the 2007 season. • In 2013, Boras guided TE Jared Cook to franchise-bests with 141 receiving yards in a single game and 671 receiving yards in a season.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Chris Weinke is currently an offense analyst at the University of Alabama.

Great landing spot for him. He'll learn wtf he's doing down there and be a much better coach for it.

If I were a young offensive coach that failed in the NFL I think I'd make sure I position myself on a top staff even in an administrative type role, and even if it meant I had to go down to the collegiate level.

Boras, meanwhile, got himself on a staff with a defensive head coach, which might work out for him if Dennison is ready, but more likely he will get more of the same type approach that isn't necessarily going to prepare him for his second go round at OC.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He'll learn wtf he's doing down there and be a much better coach for it.

So, you're saying he was an incompetent TE coach with the Rams?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Can anyone tell me what McGinnis did for this team? Watching this documentary of the 2016 season, and I still can't figure out what this guy actually did for the Rams. IMO, he added absolutely nothing other than give his "two-cents" worth after Fisher's firing. I'm sure most of the player's were thinking who is this clown talking to us.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Can anyone tell me what McGinnis did for this team? Watching this documentary of the 2016 season, and I still can't figure out what this guy actually did for the Rams. IMO, he added absolutely nothing other than give his "two-cents" worth after Fisher's firing. I'm sure most of the player's were thinking who is this clown talking to us.
I actually wondered that myself. You always see him by Fishers side in photos. I figured that Fisher hired his drinking buddy to follow him around and tell him dirty jokes all day. I know I'm wrong, but it makes me laugh whenever I see them together.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm trying to forget all about boras. Please help me coach mcvay.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I said nothing of the kind. He was our QB coach.

Maybe you're thinking of Cignetti? He was the QB coach. Boras was hired in 2012 as the Rams TE coach.

You're quote, "He'll learn wtf he's doing", is unreasonable. The job with the Bills is now his 4th hire as a TE's coach. He must be doing something right.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Maybe you're thinking of Cignetti? He was the QB coach. Boras was hired in 2012 as the Rams TE coach.

You're quote, "He'll learn wtf he's doing", is unreasonable. The job with the Bills is now his 4th hire as a TE's coach. He must be doing something right.
He was referring to Weinke not Boras.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Seemed like Fisher's "yes man." Official title was assistant head coach.