Vernon Davis on Seahawks: "They're building a dynasty."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Vernon Davis on Seahawks: "They're building a dynasty over there"

By David Fucillo
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/25/4464638/vernon-davis-seahawks-comments-dynasty-nfl-network" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/25/4 ... fl-network</a>

Earlier this afternoon, Vernon Davis made an appearance on NFL Network to discuss the 49ers, his role in 2013, and the NFC West. The comments that have gotten the most play on Twitter were about the Seattle Seahawks. He was asked about the division in general, and naturally he went right to the Seahawks. Here is a quick transcription of those particular comments:

You got a team like Seattle who's coming up. I mean, they're building a dynasty over there. They've got some good players over there who's eager to win. I mean, these guys are starving. So, we have to really keep that in mind because these guys are coming to take us out. I respect them, just like I respect my team. But WE want to win too. We're in it to win. We don't want to lose, especially after last year. We get all the way to the Super Bowl, lose a game. We have to really take it upon our responsibility and put it all out there like it's our last game.

I'm sure people will break those down every which way, and some of the NFL.com writers already jumped on that. I don't know if dynasty is necessarily the term I would have used, but I think most of us get what Davis was saying. The Seahawks have put together a very good young team, that has a chance to be successful for some time. When I think dynasty, I think more along the lines of the Patriots earlier last decade, the Cowboys in the early 90s, the 49ers in the 80s and so forth.

Rather, the NFC West features two of the best teams in the conference, and both teams are set up to potentially have success for the foreseeable future. Things can change on a dime, but as they are currently situated, both teams are in excellent position to control the NFC West. That being said, the Rams are slowly climbing back into things, and the Arizona Cardinals could be a deep sleeper if Carson Palmer can stay on his feet.

Personally, I prefer when the 49ers players are complimenting the Seahawks. Jim Harbaugh does not like when his own team receives compliments, as he feels that opens the door for Freddy P. Soft to weasel his way into the locker room. So, why not throw a little Freddy P. Soft at the Seahawks, right?

…..

Legend
all goood.....look the other way, nothing to see in St Louis. We got em right where we want em...... hehe

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LOL

What's worse than a whiner player... a whiner player who loves the shecocks.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Dynasty?!? They'd need to win one first.

But that's good, Vernon -- keep your eyes on what Seattle's up to. That way, you'll be taken by complete surprise when the Rams bitch-slap the division....again.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The Rams, who WON a superbowl in 99' we're building a dynasty, management just screwed it up.

But I like being under the radar. All the sweeter when we spank that arse.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
im just not sold on wilson or Kap. the media is making these two guys into the next best thing and it wouldnt suprise me if they both faulter this season. i may be wrong but gimmick QB's never last.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JIMERAMS said:
im just not sold on wilson or Kap. the media is making these two guys into the next best thing and it wouldnt suprise me if they both faulter this season. i may be wrong but gimmick QB's never last.
I completely, 100% agree. Sooner or later people will figure out the read option and suddenly just like that we'll be hearing news story after news story about how all of the "experts" really knew that it was just a fad and they wouldn't last.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can we create an NFL HATE forum or something similar... cause I really F'ing HATE seeing stories about the Cheatriot, Shechickens, and FortyWhiners in the RAMS forum.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stranger said:
Can we create an NFL HATE forum or something similar... cause I really F'ing HATE seeing stories about the Cheatriot, Shechickens, and FortyWhiners in the RAMS forum.

We can.

And... we had a separate forum up until early 2013.

The reason we changed; a lot of "around the NFL" news and info tied back to the Rams. Our logic was keep it simple for members to know where to post.

Open to input on this topic, however!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Vernon Davis on Seahawks: "They're building a dynasty."

CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:

We can.

And... we had a separate forum up until early 2013.

The reason we changed; a lot of "around the NFL" news and info tied back to the Rams. Our logic was keep it simple for members to know where to post.

Open to input on this topic, however!
Been saying for a bit now we need a

The other 31 teams forum area

That way stiff like the arron hernandez stuff has a place to go. Also makes it easier to filter rams news and other team news.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I like it the way it is. I won't ever see the article if it isn't here.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm for whatever makes the Mods job easier,I post on RRF and they seem to always have to move threads to their "Around the League" forum threads seem to disappear .
This is fine with me, non Ram stuff will disappear when there's enough Ram stuff.