Under The Radar FA Targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What are some non 'splash' signings you'd like the Rams to look into?

Here's a couple I'd like to see:

1. QB Colt McCoy - I liked McCoy coming out of college, and I think he can still be a quality starter despite being pigeonholed as a backup after struggling with a Sam Bradford-like weak supporting cast with the Browns.

2. OT/OG Derek Newton - A largely-unknown player from Arkansas State who started for the Texans this year on the outside. He looks overwhelmed in pass pro on the outside but was excellent blocking for Arian Foster. He'd make the change to a power blocking scheme here, but I would like to see what he could do on the inside at guard after he looked fantastic playing the RG spot in the Texans season finale this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I really liked McCoy at Texas, I just wish he had a better arm. He has all the mental tools necessary to be a quality QB in the NFL and has above average mobility. I'd be happy with him as a backup next year instead of Hill or Davis, but I don't think he would the the long term answer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NO to McCoy and I would give Newton a shot at Guard maybe after looking harder at that tape.

Rich Ornberger at Center if the Rams don't have an in house answer in Rhaney.
Jordan Cameron if they lose Kendricks.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
NO to McCoy and I would give Newton a shot at Guard maybe after looking harder at that tape.

Rich Ornberger at Center if the Rams don't have an in house answer in Rhaney.
Jordan Cameron if they lose Kendricks.

Cameron is going to be REAL expensive, might as well resign Kendricks if you're forking up that cash. If we do go for a significant upgrade I'd rather just sign a guy like Charles Clay, just as good as Cameron for less.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Tiny Hands McCoy? No thanks.

bk_tinyhands.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Josh Freeman, unemployed QB.

26-27 years old. No significant injury history. On the cusp before the idiot 2- year coach (from Syracuse) through him under the bus. NFL arm, good accuracy. Great size with above average mobility. Sign him cheap on a "make it deal" before OTAs to give him a chance to learn the system. If he does not pan out then, draft a QB early.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
What are some non 'splash' signings you'd like the Rams to look into?

Here's a couple I'd like to see:

1. QB Colt McCoy - I liked McCoy coming out of college, and I think he can still be a quality starter despite being pigeonholed as a backup after struggling with a Sam Bradford-like weak supporting cast with the Browns.

2. OT/OG Derek Newton - A largely-unknown player from Arkansas State who started for the Texans this year on the outside. He looks overwhelmed in pass pro on the outside but was excellent blocking for Arian Foster. He'd make the change to a power blocking scheme here, but I would like to see what he could do on the inside at guard after he looked fantastic playing the RG spot in the Texans season finale this year.

McCoy I do not see being able to surviver in the NFC West. Heart but not enough talent.

Newton a scheme mismatch? Does Houston still run a zone blocking scheme? If so not a good fit for us.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is he a scheme mismatch? Does Houston still run a zone blocking scheme?

I know they run some power blocking but I'm not sure if they made a complete switch under O'Brien or if they run something of a hybrid scheme to transition the personnel.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Josh Freeman, unemployed QB.

26-27 years old. No significant injury history. On the cusp before the idiot 2- year coach (from Syracuse) through him under the bus. NFL arm, good accuracy. Great size with above average mobility. Sign him cheap on a "make it deal" before OTAs to give him a chance to learn the system. If he does not pan out then, draft a QB early.
I've heard lots of reports that it wasn't so much that he was thrown under the bus as it was that he was a headcase and lost the team.

FRO

Legend
Denarius Moore:
In 2012 he had 51 catches 741 yards and 7 TDs. He is still young. Was in the dog house in 2014. Has talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Derek Newton if Barksdale ends up leaving.
Brian De La Puente because he's good and Wells is gone.
Jason Trusnick to replace Dunbar and/or depth

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I've heard lots of reports that it wasn't so much that he was thrown under the bus as it was that he was a headcase and lost the team.

Just go back and look at the coach. He through Revis under the bus. Tampa Bay went and got V jax (and other free agents) for him and then he is sudently a turkey. Bad coach he he got fired because everyone in Florida knew he screwed the puch. LOOK HOW HE MESSED UP REVIS.

Freeman has more skills then any of the free agents. Question is do you have the pateince to mold it. Samall price with potentially thes most upside.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Just go back and look at the coach. He through Revis under the bus. Tampa Bay went and got V jax (and other free agents) for him and then he is sudently a turkey. Bad coach he he got fired because everyone in Florida knew he screwed the puch. LOOK HOW HE MESSED UP REVIS.

Freeman has more skills then any of the free agents. Question is do you have the pateince to mold it. Samall price with potentially thes most upside.
If the Rams do their research and it backs your opinion of the story, I'd say go ahead.

But I think you need more than a bad coach against you for things to get as bad as they did for Freeman.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
When the Rams get another QB I would like him to be tall and durable, Colt 45 Malt Liquor is neither!

He is a clone of Bradford ( in a good sense),,,, from the Big 12 .. Size.. to the arm. Six year vet who was worthy then not only when the idoit college coach came in. Before, that they were tweeking their FRANCHISE around him adding taleent to move up a level or two. The idoit coach chose Glennon.

How has that worked for Tampa Bay.

Memphis Ram

Legend
From what I've read & heard, Freeman was late to or missed meetings, struggled to learn the playbook, was having some issues with some medications he was talking. And this came via his stops in Tampa and Minnesota.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't want Freeman, many reports were that he had major cocaine issues and partied too much. Not the guy I want.