Tyrod Taylor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If we traded Bradford away because of the injury risk, why would we ever bring in RGIII? We just need a game manager QB that doesn't turn the ball over, has average mobility, and can stay healthy for 16 games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chase Daniel? Lol

RGIII would be Tom Brady compared to him.

Yep. Chase Daniel. You probably would have said the same thing about Tyrod Taylor last year. I'll take Chase Daniel over Johnny Manziel in a second.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we traded Bradford away because of the injury risk, why would we ever bring in RGIII? We just need a game manager QB that doesn't turn the ball over, has average mobility, and can stay healthy for 16 games.

Because RGIII isn't the solution. The first round QB would be. He's simply a bridge. Unless he recaptures former glory.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Because RGIII isn't the solution. The first round QB would be. He's simply a bridge. Unless he recaptures former glory.

I would prefer to give Mannion a shot before I bring in someone else's failed project just to plug another name into what has been a revolving door at QB. I don't get the idea of bringing in anyone who isn't a solution when we have plenty of that as it is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would prefer to give Mannion a shot before I bring in someone else's failed project just to plug another name into what has been a revolving door at QB. I don't get the idea of bringing in anyone who isn't a solution when we have plenty of that as it is.

I'd prefer to give a guy that has shown he can play effectively at the NFL level in the past a shot before Mannion. But I don't want either playing. I want a first round QB playing. RGIII would be the Plan B if the QB isn't ready.

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
Yep. Chase Daniel. You probably would have said the same thing about Tyrod Taylor last year. I'll take Chase Daniel over Johnny Manziel in a second.

I'll take mobile QBs in a second. I approved of Tyrod back in his Virginia Tech days, 2nd best QB in that draft IMO.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It's disgusting that yall would even roll the dice on chase Daniels he's jag and will be figured out by week 2 we either need to find a non career backup draft a top qb or see what Mannion has

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take mobile QBs in a second. I approved of Tyrod back in his Virginia Tech days, 2nd best QB in that draft IMO.

Well, that's the difference between Daniel and Manziel...Daniel is mobile AND can throw.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'd prefer to give a guy that has shown he can play effectively at the NFL level in the past a shot before Mannion. But I don't want either playing. I want a first round QB playing. RGIII would be the Plan B if the QB isn't ready.

If you aren't going to give Mannion a shot to compete then why take a career backup with a 3rd round pick? Not every QB is worth their weight in gold just because they were drafted in the top 32 picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you aren't going to give Mannion a shot to compete then why take a career backup with a 3rd round pick? Not every QB is worth their weight in gold just because they were drafted in the top 32 picks.

I wouldn't have drafted him. He had a shot at playing this year. His competition was suck and suckier. He didn't earn the starting job. The 3rd round pick is a sunk cost. But I never said I wouldn't let him compete. I don't think he'll win the competition. If he wins, he starts.

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
Well, that's the difference between Daniel and Manziel...Daniel is mobile AND can throw.

LOL!

Keep approving these career back ups who are happy to collect their pay checks and continue to perform below NFL standards. I guess that's why the Rams are mediocre because fans approve of mediocre, the hope for a better tomorrow is strong in this one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL!

Keep approving these career back ups who are happy to collect their pay checks and continue to perform below NFL standards. I guess that's why the Rams are mediocre because fans approve of mediocre, the hope for a better tomorrow is strong in this one.

Kind of hilarious how ironic this is.

Always entertaining to see the extent of people's ignorance. :LOL:

Out of curiosity, you just joined up...what Rams board did you post on prior to this?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Thats true I supposed, but, they were a playoff team this year with him and I am sure they will pay him nicely.

True. I wonder if he wants to be back though. Through all the drama with RGIII being benched, to starting, to benched, to Snyder demanding he starts (over cousins)..., Kirk was caught in the middle of all that. They seem set now, but who knows what kind of impression that left on him.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Manziel would be a great way to put a negative light on the L.A. move in the likely event he gets caught doing something dopey... I wonder how things like that will affect the Rams decisions right now, or if they will at all. Not that Johnny's necessarily a bad guy, or morally bankrupt (I'm not gonna sit here and judge his character), but he's just been a constant P.R. nightmare for Cleveland, and we're not a team that needs the extra attention, what with the relocation buzz. I also don't like how he plays and don't think we have the players or system in place for him to lean on. Which should be the most relevant factor, perhaps, but somehow feels secondary.

Disregarding the Manziel question (really hoping he's not even on the radar), guys like RG3 and Chase D are worth bringing in: guys that have the tools to possibly turn an opportunity into a postseason push. Ideally, we bring in one of those guys, and draft a 1st-round QB, and hit training camp with a logjam at QB. After that, we need to be aggressive and decisive with who we keep among our veteran QBs. We obviously can't keep Foles, Keenum, and <Insert Opportunistic Young Vet Here>, and I would be hoping for a true meritocracy when making that decision. This all seems a little wishful, obviously, with our decision-makers. Gotta hope they see the merits in casting a wider net, and are able to sell an attractive FA prospect on the possibility of being The Guy--betting on himself.

My 2 cents. I guess it's nothing fresh. The dream is to be able to draft (or just acquire in any fashion) a long-term solution and give that solution as much development time as required while not sacrificing games.

To bring it back around, finding a Tyrod Taylor seems to be about finding guys who haven't been given opportunities, or who have been given opportunities in systems that weren't a great fit, and getting those guys in the building. And not being wrong. I think there will always be a "next Tyrod" lurking around the league, taking few meaningful snaps. Perhaps a couple. The next question to ask is, what exactly is a Tyrod Taylor? Is he a 1-year-wonder? Will he keep developing, getting better, or at least maintaining his current level of success? I'm pulling for him, but the guys that last have to be able to break the barriers that have been built specifically for them. Interested to see if he can do it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The problem is, the Rams seem to have the ability to turn starter QBs into back-up back-ups. I've been thinking this for a while when it comes to our QB development it's just not very good :(

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
The problem is, the Rams seem to have the ability to turn starter QBs into back-up back-ups. I've been thinking this for a while when it comes to our QB development it's just not very good :(

This. We seem to be a tricky fit, for reasons I can't quite figure out. Not just for QBs. O-Line players this year couldn't run-block, despite that being one of the big selling points coming into the year. Aside from a couple holes they opened around mid-season, I think we really underachieved in that area. It might be an interesting exercise to try to list who is actually OVERachieving in this offense. And how can our team lengthen that list? What is it that's missing? Scheme? Personnel? Culture?

lockdnram21

Legend
I wouldn't have drafted him. He had a shot at playing this year. His competition was suck and suckier. He didn't earn the starting job. The 3rd round pick is a sunk cost. But I never said I wouldn't let him compete. I don't think he'll win the competition. If he wins, he starts.
He really didn't get a chance. Fisher basically sat him on purpose. No way they give up on him. I think it'd unrealistic that we draft a qb with first pick

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

This is the plan I like best and then Carson Wentz with the 15th pick with hope that the Eagles don't draft him at 13.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm not a fan of E.J. Manuel. Didn't like him as a prospect and have heard nothing but bad things from Bills fans.

He has major problems and hasn't shown much at the NFL level. Why would we want that headache?

I can't believe people are still defending the guy despite his antics and mediocre to bad play.

Manziel is like the really gnarly chick that I wouldn't **** with your unit type deal...I want no part of the clown in any way, shape or form...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Sad but unfortunately true....