Trey Wingo Podcast with Kevin Wheeler

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
cbs-stlouis11.png

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/wingo.mp3[/mp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fwingo.mp3&podcast_name=Sports+Open+Line&podcast_artist=Wheeler&station_id=87&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.STL</a>

The Rams need to figure out who Sam Bradford is. All this stuff about coach and GM is secondary to that. They need to figure out if this is the guy who's going to be their QB for the next 10 years. The consensus around the NFL is that he's a good player. The Rams were 'besieged' with injuries, and Bradford was battling that high ankle sprain which obviously affects everything.

This is a QB-driven league. With all the 4000 yard passers this year, and the fact that there have been three 5000 yard passers this year, when previous to this year there had only been 2 in the history of the league reaffirms that.

Rams need an identify. Ever since the GSOT days, they've just vacillated back and forth ever since the end of that era. What are we? What are we building around? What are we doing? They need a plan.

I can't tell you that Spagnuolo is a bad coach. I think he's actually a pretty GOOD coach. I think it was very indicative of who he is as a person after the last game of the season too. It's imperative for the Rams to not just get the big name, but to get the RIGHT name for that Franchise.

It all starts with Kroenke. I was in St Louis when they were trying to get an expansion team, and Stan was the guy they brought in at the last moment to tie it all together. And he could not have been more uncomfortable (shy). He doesn't have to be outspoken. Kraft is a great owner, and you never hear a lot out of him. He lets his football people handle the football business, and he handles the business side of things. You don't have to be outspoken, but you do have to be consistent.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
The Rams need to figure out who Sam Bradford is.

All this stuff about coach and GM is secondary to that. They need to figure out if this is the guy who's going to be their QB for the next 10 years.
We already know who Bradford is.

He'll deliver QB play capable of winning a SB. Just give him time to throw and two targets that can get open.

Oh, but wait, Fisher doesn't think the QB position is important.

X said:
Rams need an identify.

Ever since the GSOT days, they've just vacillated back and forth ever since the end of that era. What are we? What are we building around? What are we doing? They need a plan.
Yes ... Yes... Yes!

X said:
It all starts with Kroenke.
Exactly!

Where's the Vision Statement, SK?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Cullen Bryant said:
When did Fisher say the qb positions not important ? I missed that one.
It was what Mike Silver was reporting, and it was posted here. I'll go find if you need me to.

On Edit, here's what Silver said that Fisher said...

X said:

@MikeSilver Michael Silver
Jeff Fisher is meeting with Rams owner Stan Kroenke tonight and tomorrow. But not in St. Louis... in Denver.

It is very much a two-team race for fisher right now. Dolphins did their job. Now it's the rams' turn at the plate.

Fisher doesn't care about having a stud qb immediately. This is not a short-term commitment. And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Miami is in the lead but st louis is stepping into batters box, could be a hell of a game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheToddWashburn Todd Washburn
@MikeSilver have a quote or are you talking from your rectum?

@MikeSilver didn't think so.

Mike Silver and his Yahoo! Reporting skills go on my list of dumbasses.

Can't wait to take his job...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@MikeSilver Michael Silver
@TheToddWashburn don't disrespect me. If u think i don't have great sources on this, go elsewhere

@TheToddWashburn think about it. Check my record. Improve your people skills. And enjoy being blocked. Oh btw my source is...

Question my journalistic integrity, become a former follower. Immediately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Mike Silver is tied closely to Coach Fisher, he seems to have the heart beat on the story, Rams sources have gotten very quiet.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
ok I did see that. What I take from that is if theres not a stud qb in place right now he'll get one and he's not convinced Bradford is a franchise qb, which I personally don't have a problem with, especially if he's right. I'd still have to hear it from Fisher himself because other than a few impatient fans I don't know anyone that doesn't still believe in Bradford.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can't believe this. Sam Bradford is good enough to play in the NFL. Why aren't players allowed to develop anymore in the NFL??? Why aren't injuries (OL) and no supporting cast (WRs) not taken into consideration??

He has arm strength, accuracy, the intangibles, what more do you need? Some WRs would be nice, and an OC that doesn't arrogantly call deep shot after deep shot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
cbs-stlouis11.png

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/wingo.mp3[/mp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fwingo.mp3&podcast_name=Sports+Open+Line&podcast_artist=Wheeler&station_id=87&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.STL</a>

The Rams need to figure out who Sam Bradford is. All this stuff about coach and GM is secondary to that. They need to figure out if this is the guy who's going to be their QB for the next 10 years. The consensus around the NFL is that he's a good player. The Rams were 'besieged' with injuries, and Bradford was battling that high ankle sprain which obviously affects everything.

This is a QB-driven league. With all the 4000 yard passers this year, and the fact that there have been three 5000 yard passers this year, when previous to this year there had only been 2 in the history of the league reaffirms that.

Rams need an identify. Ever since the GSOT days, they've just vacillated back and forth ever since the end of that era. What are we? What are we building around? What are we doing? They need a plan.

I can't tell you that Spagnuolo is a bad coach. I think he's actually a pretty GOOD coach. I think it was very indicative of who he is as a person after the last game of the season too. It's imperative for the Rams to not just get the big name, but to get the RIGHT name for that Franchise.

It all starts with Kroenke. I was in St Louis when they were trying to get an expansion team, and Stan was the guy they brought in at the last moment to tie it all together. And he could not have been more uncomfortable (shy). He doesn't have to be outspoken. Kraft is a great owner, and you never hear a lot out of him. He lets his football people handle the football business, and he handles the business side of things. You don't have to be outspoken, but you do have to be consistent.

"Kraft is a great owner, and you never hear a lot out of him. He lets his football people handle the football business, and he handles the business side of things."

This is what's wrong with us. For far too many years our ownership has had it's business people handle the football business.
I can only hope that Stan really does implement the system Kraft has in place (Stan himself proclaimed that he wants Kraft's HC's methods)...

Can't wait until I find out who our new Football Person is going to be. And I hope Stan makes him the Face/Voice of the Franchise,,, as well as the ONE individual at the TOP of the chain-of-command. There needs to be no question about who is in charge.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Can't wait until I find out who our new Football Person is going to be. And I hope Stan makes him the Face/Voice of the Franchise,,, as well as the ONE individual at the TOP of the chain-of-command. There needs to be no question about who is in charge.
I'm beginning to think it's going to be Kevin Demoff. I don't know how I feel about that right now. He has the skills to tie the entire organization together, but I don't have any idea how deep or wide his football knowledge is. I mean, actual football knowledge drawn from experience. All I get from his bio on the Official Site is this:

Prior to joining the Rams, Demoff spent the previous four seasons (2005-08) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he served as a Consultant before being named Senior Assistant in 2006. In this capacity, Demoff assisted GM Bruce Allen in contract negotiations, salary cap management, strategic planning and both college and pro scouting. During his tenure with the Buccaneers, the team captured NFC South titles in 2005 and 2007 while posting a winning record in three of his four seasons.

From 2001-04, Demoff served as Director of Football Operations for the Los Angleles Avengers of the Arena Football League. Demoff helpoed direct the team to its first-ever playoff berth and in his final three seasons with the club, the Avengers posted a record of 28-18, third-best in the Arena Football League, qualifying for the playoffs in each of those seasons.

And that "strategic planning" thing pops up when they write about his involvement with the Rams.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
I'm beginning to think it's going to be Kevin Demoff. I don't know how I feel about that right now. He has the skills to tie the entire organization together, but I don't have any idea how deep or wide his football knowledge is. I mean, actual football knowledge drawn from experience. All I get from his bio on the Official Site is this:

Prior to joining the Rams, Demoff spent the previous four seasons (2005-08) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he served as a Consultant before being named Senior Assistant in 2006. In this capacity, Demoff assisted GM Bruce Allen in contract negotiations, salary cap management, strategic planning and both college and pro scouting. During his tenure with the Buccaneers, the team captured NFC South titles in 2005 and 2007 while posting a winning record in three of his four seasons.

From 2001-04, Demoff served as Director of Football Operations for the Los Angleles Avengers of the Arena Football League. Demoff helpoed direct the team to its first-ever playoff berth and in his final three seasons with the club, the Avengers posted a record of 28-18, third-best in the Arena Football League, qualifying for the playoffs in each of those seasons.

And that "strategic planning" thing pops up when they write about his involvement with the Rams.

Dude, I have the same concern... I've been hoping that Demoff is just in the forefront right now due to circumstances. I feel confident that Demoff is a great business guy, I just don't want him to be the voice/leader of the Rams. Shaw part 2 (Now that's a horror flick that might even be too scary for me) :sly: ... I'm just paranoid though,,,, I'm gonna keep Positive my Bruda :bign: