Tremayne Anchrum an interesting prospect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
All in all, I know one poster feels strongly about Brian Allen still recapturing his starter center opportunity, but I did not come away with many positive accolades for Allen and I almost look at his injury as a blessing as it moved Blythe back to his natural position and the Offensive Line was far better with Blythe in the pivot with not only the line calls, but the snap consistency as well, so that's why I would love to see someone unseat Allen, but we might not have that opportunity because of the limited on the field work moving forward.

I am probably one of the few who thinks that Allen may struggle to make the team this year Den. So I am firmly on board with your sentiments as they relate to to him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I am probably one of the few who thinks that Allen may struggle to make the team this year Den. So I am firmly on board with your sentiments as they relate to to him.

Same here. I would not be the least bit surprised if Allen was traded for a pick. I didn't trust his ability before Covid hit him; how's he going to recover from it? So many question marks, so little answers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All in all, I know one poster feels strongly about Brian Allen still recapturing his starter center opportunity
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Quite frankly, if Blythe does not prove to be the long term answer the future Ram Center could be in the Collegiate ranks currently, like Josh Myers of The Ohio State University, but after this year, I don't hold out much hope drafting one early.
There is zero chance that Blythe is our Center of the future. Zero. Even if he wins the job this year he's going to be a stopgap.

So IMO what we are looking at is competition at two positions up front. LG and C. And the competition at both isn't great, but to have some competition is better than none at all.

Lastly I don't think Allen will win his job back. I am hoping he will. Big difference there. Because I want a robust run game and for that to happen we'll need our better run blockers to win jobs. Right now only Edwards & Hav are good run blockers. The other three are iffy as F there. But for Allen to do that he'll need a lot of improvement in his pass pro so yeah it's not a likely thing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But for Allen to do that he'll need a lot of improvement in his pass pro so yeah it's not a likely thing.

He will also have to...Improve his line calls, be more consistent on his snaps in shotgun formation and most importantly stop pushing opposition players into our own players resulting in injury and losing them for the year.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
and most importantly stop pushing opposition players into our own players resulting in injury and losing them for the year.
den.
You've mentioned this incident in another post of yours. Please don't tell me that you blame Allen for what happened to Noteboom in the heat of battle?

~ArkyRamsFan~

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
den.
You've mentioned this incident in another post of yours. Please don't tell me that you blame Allen for what happened to Noteboom in the heat of battle?

~ArkyRamsFan~
Obviously he didn’t do that on purpose, but it showed a lack of awareness on his part. Not a good idea to be shoving big bodies near the legs of your fellow lineman.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Obviously he didn’t do that on purpose, but it showed a lack of awareness on his part. Not a good idea to be shoving big bodies near the legs of your fellow lineman.
I played some OL in the past and it happens all the time. In fact "friendly fire" is just the way it goes frequently. At any rate this unfortunate incident could have happened to anyone no matter what position on the line that they play.

~ArkyRamsFan~

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I played some OL in the past and it happens all the time. In fact "friendly fire" is just the way it goes frequently. At any rate this unfortunate incident could have happened to anyone no matter what position on the line that they play.

~ArkyRamsFan~

I'll say this: when things are clicking and you're just completing assignments (our OL 2017-18) you usually stay healthy. When things are falling apart and you get frustrated, try to do too much, players are taken out of their spot in the scheme, etc. (our 2019 OL) is when injuries start piling up.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
den.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Well, @ArkyRamsFan playing & coaching football, we used to refer to certain players as "Pile Jumpers." They chase the play and jump on the pile with hope of getting assist or looking like they were doing actually something and nothing good every came of that and players at the bottom of the pile usually were the ones that ended up being in jeopardy of injury.

In this case Brian Allen was beat and was chasing the play, as the whistle is being blown to stop the play, Allen runs and hits a guy that falls into Noteboom and is responsible for the tearing of his ACL/MCL. Brian Allen was being overzealous, totally unnecessary and probably frustrated for missing his block, resulting in Joseph Noteboom being injured.

So do I blame him @ArkyRamsFan ?
1590758185881.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, @ArkyRamsFan playing & coaching football, we used to refer to certain players as "Pile Jumpers." They chase the play and jump on the pile with hope of getting assist or looking like they were doing actually something and nothing good every came of that and players at the bottom of the pile usually were the ones that ended up being in jeopardy of injury.

In this case Brian Allen was beat and was chasing the play, as the whistle is being blown to stop the play, Allen runs and hits a guy that falls into Noteboom and is responsible for the tearing of his ACL/MCL. Brian Allen was being overzealous, totally unnecessary and probably frustrated for missing his block, resulting in Joseph Noteboom being injured.

View attachment 36735
Et tu, den? ~ Brian Allen

View: https://i.imgur.com/9TOqJNR.png

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

View attachment 36735
I incurred a spiral fracture on, because of a pile jumper, who engaged after my tackle was pretty much over. 4 months in a cast, numerous same leg injuries throughout my career. Freaking pile jumpers. Lol. On defense it's a fine line between piling on, and team tackling, and it's even harder to coach.

Snead mentioned that he will be be trained to play Center, as well as Guard.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I incurred a spiral fracture on, because of a pile jumper, who engaged after my tackle was pretty much over. 4 months in a cast, numerous same leg injuries throughout my career. Freaking pile jumpers. Lol. On defense it's a fine line between piling on, and team tackling, and it's even harder to coach.

Played NT, Center & Deep Snapper on special teams, seems like I was always on the bottom of the pile.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Played NT, Center & Deep Snapper on special teams, seems like I was always on the bottom of the pile.
CB/RB/WR/KR/PR, every ST. Seen the bottom a lot too. Lol. Not as much as you interior guys, except when playing RB.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Strange dynamic here. People denigrate Allen for a mistake made in the heat of play but totally ignore Blythe falling on his face trying to pull and missing his block. The guy he was supposed to block makes the tackle. This is the guy they want to play center as serviceable? That wasn't his first missed block by a long shot but still, he's serviceable? He was a major part of the right side of the oline that imploded last year but he's serviceable? You guys must have been watching a different game than me. I wasn't the only one screaming why is he on the team? Great, I know you guys have an ax to grind with Allen for some reason. But to hold up Blythe as some sort of superior player is just plain off target because he isn't. If you were advocating Shelton, or even Anchrum I could understand that. But Blythe? Seriously? Why would people want a marginal backup as the starter is beyond me.

Just remember, the FO could have taken a center this year but didn't.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Strange dynamic here. People denigrate Allen for a mistake made in the heat of play but totally ignore Blythe falling on his face trying to pull and missing his block. The guy he was supposed to block makes the tackle. This is the guy they want to play center as serviceable? That wasn't his first missed block by a long shot but still, he's serviceable? He was a major part of the right side of the oline that imploded last year but he's serviceable? You guys must have been watching a different game than me. I wasn't the only one screaming why is he on the team? Great, I know you guys have an ax to grind with Allen for some reason. But to hold up Blythe as some sort of superior player is just plain off target because he isn't. If you were advocating Shelton, or even Anchrum I could understand that. But Blythe? Seriously? Why would people want a marginal backup as the starter is beyond me.

Just remember, the FO could have taken a center this year but didn't.

I'm not a fan of Allen or Blythe, but it's pretty obvious that they're going to stick with the latter as a starter because, unlike Allen, Blythe can actually make the line-calls. You're downplaying the importance of that. In addition, Allen is recovering from Covid-19. That's a huge deal for an athlete. If Allen hasn't fully recovered, hasn't been in workouts, he will struggle to make this team. It's not an axe to grind; it's a fact.

Remember this: John Franklin-Myers came in out of shape, and they cut him - and he was a mid-round pick a year ago who showed potential. Allen has not shown potential, and he's a fourth round pick from a year ago. If Allen isn't in game-shape, they'll either trade or cut him. I'm hoping for the former and wouldn't be surprised with the latter.

Blythe is a stop-gap solution, that much is true. That's why I'm hoping desperately that Corbett can play center well.