Tre Mason’s hamstring could leave the Rams thin in backfield

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It looks like Pead runs with his eyes closed. Runs into the backs of his blockers, something that I hated about SJ39! Stacy runs with determination, his blockers love him for that but it gets him beat up over time.
Will Pead ever be a good back in the NFL?

fancents86

Starter
Now I'm pissed that Watts is suspended. This would be a perfect time for him to show if he's got it to be a good back up. I know he lacks the speed, but he has great vision and he breaks through tackles and slips through the smallest holes as if he rolls in KY before he goes onto the field.

Ram65

Legend
I thought the Rams trade Stacy way too soon!

Hope Mason can go.Cunningham is OK. Rams may want to play Gurley earlier than expected.:unsure:

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
They're going to need Peads speed to get to the edge because there's going to be very few holes the way this oline is playing. I have complete faith in the super underrated Cunningham also.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
If Mason can't go or is limited in game 1, it will be an opportune time for Pead to show why the Rams kept him around all this time. It will probably be put up or shut up time. Probably playing for his future with the team. A bad showing will more than likely end his Ram career week 5. Other than that one play, I haven't seen that much from Brown. Maybe I missed something. I think they go with Pead, Cunningham and Reynolds. Guys used to play the whole game without coming out. Personally, I don't think they need but the 2 (Pead and Benny). That will probably put Givens as the kickoff returner, or Tavon does double duty.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Glad no one here is suggesting we rush the rook into service, that's my one major plea, leave him on the sidelines.
If Tre can't go Week one it'll suck, but we still have 15 games left regardless of the outcome of that one.
Stay the course Fish

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I heard on NFLN Tonight, that Tre Mason Is out for the last pre season game and may NOT play in week #1!!!!
This is not good news considering Watts is suspended for the first 4 games and Gurley is not ready, IMHO This really cuts into our RB Corps!!
Other opinions, Please!?!
MAKE ME FELL GOOD ABOUT THIS!! or not!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Probably a precautionary thing because hamstrings are pretty easy to aggravate and make worse if you rush back. Remember when Isaac Bruce was going through that in 1998?

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Sounds like Pead will have the perfect opportunity to man up and prove he's worthy of staying on the roster.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If Tre does play week one then we probably have to adopt a more passing oriented offense for the first game. Cunningham and Pead are not exactly a scary tandem for Seattle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like Pead and Benny will earn an big opportunity to ensure they have a job after Watts returns. If Watts had behaved, it would have been his time in the sun. Missed opportunities in the NFL are costly.

Finally I should also mention Tavon Austin here.....he could really take up some of this running load in a major way. I see no concerns here with this injury news. More like a hiccup.

Last thing I want is to see Gurley RUSHED into the fray way too Worley to load up his wagon. Go with the trio of Tavon, Pead and Benny.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I've got no problem with Cunningham getting the start, you take out Mason's 89 yard TD against Oakland (and I hate that, "you take out their best run and they're not as good? No shit") and they had pretty much the same yards per attempt, and Cunningham's the better receiver.

Add in a few carries for Gurley, and a few for Austin and I think we can survive.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Gurley gets 5-7 touches, Cunningham can do 20 and be successful if the o-line isn't sucking, and Pead/Austin can have a few. Should be fine it really just comes down to our o-line figuring their shit out hopefully.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Tre does play week one then we probably have to adopt a more passing oriented offense for the first game. Cunningham and Pead are not exactly a scary tandem for Seattle.
I was expecting this no matter who was running the ball given the run blocking of the line so far.