Top free-agent RBs still available for hire for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Michael Turner
Beanie Wells

Others of note: Cedric Benson, Kevin Smith, Brandon Jacobs, Javon Ringer, Tim Hightower

Injuries, age, ineffectiveness … take your pick. There are ample reasons why these running backs remain unsigned. McGahee’s atop the list because he was en route to a second straight 1,000-yard season before a devastating leg injury. If he can get all the way back, there’s still some juice left in the tank. Plus he is with Browns now. Rams would be wise to pick a solid back up.

iced

no thanks

don't want any of those running backs + the time they need to get the playbook..

give me pead please to start a game before i throw in the towel

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
no thanks

don't want any of those running backs + the time they need to get the playbook..

Pead then better get to work. I feel the presence of a bust so far. Like him to prove me and others wrong.

iced

GreeneCounty said:
iced said:
no thanks

Pead then better get to work. I feel the presence of a bust so far. Like him to prove me and others wrong.

bust? in his second year?

please

how long has it taken for quinn,long,bradford,etc. to really gain momentum?

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
iced said:
GreeneCounty said:
iced said:
no thanks

please

Quinn and Long I saw promise. Pead has shown nothing. I hope starts next game because Rams need something in the run game for a spark to offense.

A55VA6

Legend
We need to give Zac Stacy a shot. If all fails this season, trade for a RB or draft one.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
GreeneCounty said:
iced said:
no thanks

Pead's a bust, Bradford's a bust, Quick is a bust, my mom is a bust. Wait a minute, has anyone taken the time to think that most of the oline isn't doing their job. Do you really think all the guys toting the rock thus far for the rams are that bad? Really? Not saying you do but if you only keep your eyes on the ball, QB and RBs when the ball comes to them. It's pretty interesting to keep an eye on the trenches. It adds another dimension to the game watching experience. Again, not implying you don't, just mentioning it incase.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
A55VA6 said:
We need to give Zac Stacy a shot. If all fails this season, trade for a RB or draft one.

s
Stacey was a solid guy at Vandy. I think Rams have nothing to lose at this point.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd rather bring in a FB who can dish out snot bubbles on opposing LB's.

bluecoconuts

Legend
smram said:
GreeneCounty said:
iced said:
no thanks

Pead's a bust, Bradford's a bust, Quick is a bust, my mom is a bust. Wait a minute, has anyone taken the time to think that most of the oline isn't doing their job. Do you really think all the guys toting the rock thus far for the rams are that bad? Really? Not saying you do but if you only keep your eyes on the ball, QB and RBs when the ball comes to them. It's pretty interesting to keep an eye on the trenches. It adds another dimension to the game watching experience. Again, not implying you don't, just mentioning it incase.

Did somebody say bust?

532otl.gif

fastcat

Pro Bowler
iced said:
GreeneCounty said:
iced said:
no thanks

please

Maybe he can turn it around but the rb position usually doesn't take till year 2 to start SHOWING promise(being a 2nd rd pick). Giving the opportunity to play if they are going to amount to be anything above serviceable they show it. Pead hasn't and likely won't, but I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

nighttrain

Legend
simply put, it's time to see if Pead can play the game. 25-30 touches. He cannot be worse than what we have seen out there.
train

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I say we take a chance on one of those RBs. RB is the easiest position to learn in the NFL, it's not like it will be a struggle to learn the playbook. Look at Richardson for the Colts, immediate impact the week he was traded.
Sure, we can cycle through our RBs that we have now but they have been unreliable thus far. If we wait to draft another one then you are discounting yourself on more needs instead of just picking up a proven guy. Who knows how long it will take for the development of the RBs we have now if at all. At least a veteran could help the process and counter the youth mistakes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
For almost every RB...

Their highest production and worth happen during their first contract.

Signing a veteran RB is fools gold ALMOST always. In other words, unless there's a Faulk that we can pick up.

iced

Selassie I said:
For almost every RB...

Their highest production and worth happen during their first contract.

Signing a veteran RB is fools gold ALMOST always. In other words, unless there's a Faulk that we can pick up.

or a marcus allen

cedric benson for the bengals for a few years too

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
First off start Corey Harkey at TE over Kendricks, he's a far better blocker and will be an instant asset to the running game. I concur let's go with a combination of Pead & Stacy. Pead has proven to be solid in pass protection and can catch the football and maybe just maybe he breaks one and gets some confidence. Stacy runs inside better and keeps his pads lower than Cunningham.

If you can't play good offense against the Jags you won't play good offense against any other team. Hopefully with Harkey & others the running game improves & opens it up for Cook, Austin & others!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Can we just give up a 1st, 2nd, 5th, and Pead for CJ Spiller? It worked in Madden :cheese:

moklerman

Warner-phile
What about Chris Wells? He's worth a flier IMO. Sign him to a 1 year deal and let him have a chance to play hard for a contract next year somewhere. He seems the most like a Fisher RB even though he's got his drawbacks. High risk, I know. But IF he's motivated and IF his knee is better and IF he can control his fumbles...

Turner seems old and slow at this point IMO. Maybe if he drops some weight or something but he was certainly not "the Burner" last year in Atlanta.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
moklerman said:
What about Chris Wells? He's worth a flier IMO. Sign him to a 1 year deal and let him have a chance to play hard for a contract next year somewhere. He seems the most like a Fisher RB even though he's got his drawbacks. High risk, I know. But IF he's motivated and IF his knee is better and IF he can control his fumbles...

Turner seems old and slow at this point IMO. Maybe if he drops some weight or something but he was certainly not "the Burner" last year in Atlanta.
Wells struggled behind poor line play in Arizona. Nothing about our line gives me hope he would do well here..
That being said if he's healthy and cheap enough I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I always pull for past buckeyes to succeed. He may bring with him an attitude to pick up the lines performance that our current stable can't