Todd Gurley Yay or Nay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If you want speed, use tavon. That's what he'd rather play anyway. They used him as a rb during a play tonight and I immediately noticed the difference in speed. I wasn't paying attention who was in position during the play and thought it was Davis out there for a second. Oh yea, we also have him if you want speed. But neither have the intangibles that Gurley have.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you want speed, use tavon. That's what he'd rather play anyway. They used him as a rb during a play tonight and I immediately noticed the difference in speed. I wasn't paying attention who was in position during the play and thought it was Davis out there for a second. Oh yea, we also have him if you want speed. But neither have the intangibles that Gurley have.
That's all well and good, but you need to change your avatar to Brick from Anchorman.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure what that means. Lol
Your name just seems like something he would say.

love-lamp-i-love-lamp-meme-l-6660b521f55cb7bd.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad to see Gurley bounce back. He needed this game. Now, I just want to see Goff involve him more in the passing game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Still think that after the Skins game?

I'll answer for ya: no.
I never wanted it to happen.
Glad he looked better.
It's one game.
We will see if, hopefully, it can be maintained.
Where he is really making hay is in the passing game. Doesn't matter to me how he gets his yards.

JRobinson

MiLB
I never wanted it to happen.
Glad he looked better.
It's one game.
We will see if, hopefully, it can be maintained.
Where he is really making hay is in the passing game. Doesn't matter to me how he gets his yards.

That's two games with over 100 scrimmage yards. 2-2 is a 1.0000 average in a new offense with a new system. Looks like to me Gurley is who we thought he was. And yes, he was a monster in the passing game, but 88 rushing yards on 16 carries is legit.

JRobinson

MiLB
Can't believe this thread is still going...Gurley aint the problem...
Higbee once...Havenstein the other...

I brought it back up to see what the naysayers had to say... Id bet most responses will be,"it's only one game bro".

Gurley ain't gonna be a monster every freakin game, the guys on defense are paid too.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's two games with over 100 scrimmage yards. 2-2 is a 1.0000 average in a new offense with a new system. Looks like to me Gurley is who we thought he was. And yes, he was a monster in the passing game, but 88 rushing yards on 16 carries is legit.
Yep.
And the rushing was terrible last week.
Of course he had a run of 12 yards and 14 yards (if I remember) called back on holding.
But, it had been more than a season since seeing him run with vision and hitting holes with precision.
Maybe that is a case of reps. Too often the Rams would go away from the run game too early. Of course, it wasn't working. Maybe it's a case of needing to find a rhythm and he was able to do that today through the passing game.
Either way it's not an attack on Gurley to say it is/was time to consider mixing in guys.
I do expect more success come Thursday night and would like to see carries more in the 20-25 carry range for that game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yo Bonifay, what did you think of Gurley and his 'burst' this game (Redskins)?

Looked like 2015 to me.
Yes one of his better days but his best came when used in the passing game. Still the burst that we saw back @ UG & early 2015 is MIA. Never the less I am happy with his Sunday's performance we may have seen his best of 2017.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/17/16323834/los-angeles-rams-todd-gurley-resurgence

Todd Gurley Looks Like an NFL Star Again
The Young Rams aren’t going to win every week, but they’re a lot of fun to watch, and their resurgent former Offensive Rookie of the Year running back is a big reason why
BY DANNY KELLY

848590416.0.jpg

Photo by Harry How/Getty Images

Boy, have I missed Todd Gurley.

Of course, when I say that, I’m referring to the version of Gurley that we saw in 2015, when the no. 10 overall pick in that year’s draft rushed to near-instant superstardom with an incredible four-game debut stretch as a rookie.

In his first four games as the Rams’ starter (he played sparingly in Week 3 after being medically cleared, then took over the job), Gurley rushed for a total of 566 yards and three touchdowns, quickly validating the team’s decision to take a running back, let alone one with concerns over a medically repaired ACL, that high in the draft and make him the centerpiece of their offense.

That Gurley looked like a cornerstone player for the Rams. That guy finished his first season with 1,106 yards and 10 touchdowns in 13 games en route to Offensive Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowl honors. That guy represented the bright spot for an offense that didn’t have much to celebrate: At best, he looked like a talent they could build around; at worst, a fun player to watch even if the Rams continued to go 7-9 for the rest of eternity.

But that version of Gurley was missing in action most of last year. He struggled to pick the right running lanes; rarely escaped tackle attempts; and, after averaging 4.83 yards per carry as a rookie, finished his sophomore campaign with just 885 yards and six scores while averaging 3.18 yards per tote. It was fair to question whether ousted coach Jeff Fisher and the Rams had ruined an elite talent.

Even with the Rams walloping the Colts 46-9 in Week 1, the fears about Gurley lingered. Tasked with salting the game away on the ground, Gurley gained just 40 yards on 19 attempts for an average of 2.11 yards per carry. He did get into the end zone, but it wasn’t the type of performance that fans of the depressed franchise hoped for under new playcaller and head coach Sean McVay.

So even though the Rams lost a wild one to Washington on Sunday, 27-20, Gurley looking like his rookie-year self served as a very bright silver lining. Gurley hurdled over multiple defenders and ran through and around the Washington defense to the tune of 88 yards and a touchdown on the ground, with another 48 yards and a score through the air.

View: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/909533090699141120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theringer.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F9%2F17%2F16323834%2Flos-angeles-rams-todd-gurley-resurgence

View: https://twitter.com/TheFFLCommish/status/909544678013489152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theringer.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F9%2F17%2F16323834%2Flos-angeles-rams-todd-gurley-resurgence

The third-year back showcased creativity and explosiveness while also displaying vision and elusiveness. In short, he looked like a star again. Gurley’s 136 scrimmage yards on the day were his most since Week 14 of his rookie season.

Along with more encouraging play from quarterback Jared Goff (who finished the game with 224 yards passing, one touchdown, and one interception for an 86.1 passer rating), the Rams’ offense is showing some signs of life under McVay.

That didn’t translate into a win on Sunday, but if Gurley really has rediscovered his Pro Bowl form, it’s going to pay huge dividends for the Rams offense as a whole this year. Nothing’s more important to that franchise right now than Goff’s continued development as a pro passer, and a foundational run game takes pressure off of him to carry the offense.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Did anyone notice Gurley point out to throw to Everett on that one play? Great awareness, Team Player.

Oh and he ran like he was upset at his fumble.