To all of you posting "Goodbye" threads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Because I live in Montana, I will be a RAMS fan regardless of the city they reside. My heart hurts for the fans in/around St. Louis. It's my desire to stand on the sidelines and stay out of any banter between fans in LA and St. Louis. I will respect the feelings of all those involved, both directly and indirectly, during this time as well as going forward. Although I have been to St. Louis once, (1999 Divisional game vs. vikings) I had a wonderful time and the locals were awesome. Hell I was even interviewed on the local news. I wish I could have been back more, but it just never worked. I look forward to seeing games in LA, and hope to have great experiences there too. To all my Rams brothers and sisters who live in the St. Louis area, I admire the hell out of you for your dedication and support of the Rams over the past 21 years. To my Rams brothers and sisters in the LA area, I look forward to future games. And to all of the other Rams fans around the country/world, I hope we get the chance to meet in the future. Live life to the fullest because you only get to live it once. Peace!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
"It is not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" - Epictetus

We live our lives and things happen to us that we have no control over. Does it really make sense to be so swayed by that which we cannot control? That is life. What matters most is not what happens to us but how we 'choose' to react to it. Some people think that the emotion of anger or hatred is not a choice but it is. You can choose to say,' Well I can still watch them on Direct TV'. I wont spend as much money going to games and I will actually have more free time to get things done on Sunday. It is all a matter of perspective and philosophy.

I have been a diehard Ram fan since 76' I have never once seen a live game in person. For years I might see 2 games if I was lucky. But I kept watching, because I am a Rams fan. Not a St. Louis fan or an L.A. fan, but a Rams fan.

People make fun of bandwagon fans all the time. Be a diehard. If another team comes to St. Louis and you choose to adopt them then sure that is understandable, but if you truly have sunk your heart into this team for the last 23 years, how do you just turn away from it? I couldn't do it.
The thing that gets me about your post and those who are fans regardless.... Then acknowledge that you've never "seen a game live in person" you can't even begin to understand what those of us who have been to EVERY HOMR GAME (and more than a few road games) are going thru.

Nothing has changed for you. You will continue to enjoy the experience of being a fan of a team that could be playing on Mars as long as they were televised.

For some of us, the experience is much more up close and personal. As I mentioned in a previous post, being able to be in the stands sharing the experience with my young son, continuing into his teenage years and now into his 30s cannot be replaced by watching on tv from 2000 miles away.

Meeting and getting to know other loyal and dedicated fans while sitting in the same section year after year isn't something that you can relate to.

To somehow try to compare your "fandom" is more noble because your because you remain a "diehard" regardless of location is insulting. Longevity is moot if you never get off your couch.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
While the NFL's motives are purely financial, this might be one great thing they did for St. Louis. Because throwing all that public money into a new stadium would have been terrible for the region. Kroenke throwing his money into a stadium is a far better alternative. Unfortunately, that stadium will be in LA because Kroenke cares most about the $$$$$.
It wasn't just about the stadium Jerry. This was about revitalization of a blighted north riverfront area in desperate need of attention.

It's was worth every cent of the public $$$ to rid that area of the current landscape. But without the stadium as the impetus, it will remain not only an eyesore to the city, but a safety concern as well.

Those who only see football stadium are missing the big picture.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing that gets me about your post and those who are fans regardless.... Then acknowledge that you've never "seen a game live in person" you can't even begin to understand what those of us who have been to EVERY HOMR GAME (and more than a few road games) are going thru.

Nothing has changed for you. You will continue to enjoy the experience of being a fan of a team that could be playing on Mars as long as they were televised.

For some of us, the experience is much more up close and personal. As I mentioned in a previous post, being able to be in the stands sharing the experience with my young son, continuing into his teenage years and now into his 30s cannot be replaced by watching on tv from 2000 miles away.

Meeting and getting to know other loyal and dedicated fans while sitting in the same section year after year isn't something that you can relate to.

To somehow try to compare your "fandom" is more noble because your because you remain a "diehard" regardless of location is insulting. Longevity is moot if you never get off your couch.

Elm's post is spot on IMO. And the experience can be replaced by watching on TV if you let that happen. My father became a Rams fan in 1965, and passed that on to me. I didn't understand the game until the Rams were in STL. We've been to games. We've been to a training camp. I don't care to have a pissing contest about who a better fan is....something did change for me, despite the fact that I live in Ohio - I can't drive to a game anymore. I'll have to shell out money for a plane ticket, travel across the country....it's going to be expensive. But I don't care....it's a change that I had no control over.

Would we all still be fans if they gave the Rams the Houston Oilers treatment? That's where I'd draw the line. Maybe that's how you feel. Maybe that's how we can potentially identify with your feelings.

But either way, life is what you make it. It's all about your perspective. We're lucky that this is such a big issue - some people worry about when they will get their next meal. That's perspective.

Ultimately, that experience can be replaced. It's up to you and your son. I watch the Rams every week with my dad; it's an awesome way to ensure we spend time together, and it's much more sacred than just some "TV show". It's an experience. And it makes going to one or two games a year that much more exciting and unique.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

By the same token, having the situation and availability to do all of this versus those who either by geography, employment, or financial ability are not able to does not make them less of a fan just because they have to follow them on TV. How you choose to follow a team is a personal choice.

I simply urge everyone to realize that we all have our personal realm of fandom. None of us should call out any other fan for going about it in a different manner.

I go to games when I can. I buy gear when I can/want to. I live vicariously at times through training camp reports from fans like you Coach. I never once felt ill will toward fans in the Lou when the Rams left LA. I hated Georgia/Shaw fort what they did. I followed them to the Lou and flew out for the season opener this season. And all of this is just the way I personally dealt with being a Rams fan.

I too get tired of people telling the fans in the Lou to get over it or how to react. I'm not a fan of all the goodbye type posts but I get them. Take your own personal approach and be good with it. ROD will be here for those who choose to continue on with being a Rams fan and wish the rest a fond farewell.

Memphis Ram

Legend
As a former St. Louisian I can see how many would be turned off by the NFL. Years ago when the Cardinals moved away my interest in the NFL waned and the Cardinals were AND remain dead to me. So I understand.

If fact, my interest in the NFL only returned when the Rams moved to St. Louis. And though I haven't lived in the city for years now and understand that this move is in the best interest of the organization, I have to admit that my interest in the NFL is beginning to wane again.

That's probably a blessing in disguise though and the wake up call I probably needed. Why? I'm sure that I if I had spent the amount of time in my Bible that I have spent on the Rams, the NFL Draft, (and the off topic booty thread:whistle:) I'd be better off.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

There are a lot of diehard fans here and I am one - we get what you're saying

When the Rams left Anaheim that went my live experience
I was at every home game in Anaheim (with the exception of a few SF games where my dad took his poker buddies) so I know what you're talking about

I feel for all you fans that need that live experience - those live games where the only thing my dad and I had to relate to, once they left we haven't spoken since, but anyway

I wish I wasn't relegated to the sofa by Georgia - but I was

* I've learned lot of football from you Coach - thanks so much for your dedication and insight I to this team, I pray you will be able to continue to love this team regardless

CoachO

Hall of Fame
There are a lot of diehard fans here and I am one - we get what you're saying

When the Rams left Anaheim that went my live experience
I was at every home game in Anaheim (with the exception of a few SF games where my dad took his poker buddies) so I know what you're talking about

I feel for all you fans that need that live experience - those live games where the only thing my dad and I had to relate to, once they left we haven't spoken since, but anyway

I wish I wasn't relegated to the sofa by Georgia - but I was

* I've learned lot of football from you Coach - thanks so much for your dedication and insight I to this team, I pray you will be able to continue to love this team regardless
Thank you. And I am not trying to imply that any of us are "better" fans than the other.

My biggest point is there are those who simply cannot relate to the feeling if they are resigned to be a fan from their couch. They are virtually unaffected by this. And I resent those people trying to tell me that somehow they are a more "diehard" fan because of it.

For those whose lived thru the move 20 years ago, I can at least sympathize as you were forced to deal with the same thing.

As for moving forward. I will root for the Chiefs this weekend. Anytime someone can beat the Pateiotd is worth rooting for. Alonso helps my son in law is a diehard Chiefs fan and has converted my daughter.

But honestly. Not sure how I'll feel a week from now. A year from now ....:

But today my new "favorite" team will be whoever plays the Rams in 2016. Sorry but 0-16 would be fine with me.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you. And I am not trying to imply that any of us are "better" fans than the other.

My biggest point is there are those who simply cannot relate to the feeling if they are resigned to be a fan from their couch. They are virtually unaffected by this. And I resent those people trying to tell me that somehow they are a more "diehard" fan because of it.

For those whose lived thru the move 20 years ago, I can at least sympathize as you were forced to deal with the same thing.

As for moving forward. I will root for the Chiefs this weekend. Anytime someone can beat the Pateiotd is worth rooting for. Alonso helps my son in law is a diehard Chiefs fan and has converted my daughter.

But honestly. Not sure how I'll feel a week from now. A year from now ....:

But today my new "favorite" team will be whoever plays the Rams in 2016. Sorry but 0-16 would be fine with me.
You've made this abundantly clear. why do you keep coming back and bashing posters and now the team itself? if you're leaving and cant support the team like you have been saying for hours now....

55202848.jpg

FrankenRam

Starter
In short, because the team turned away from me. If my wife divorces me after 23 years, I'll turn away from her, too, because my choice is not to participate in a relationship in which one side is completely disinterested in and dismissive of the other.

Exactly.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You've made this abundantly clear. why do you keep coming back and bashing posters and now the team itself? if you're leaving and cant support the team like you have been saying for hours now....

55202848.jpg
you mean like you seem to be doin following me around all day.

Not sure why MY take on this seems to be of so much Intererst to you. Or why you seem to have such a personal ax to grind with me. It it's kinda getting creepy.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you mean like you seem to be doin following me around all day.

Not sure why MY take on this seems to be of so much Intererst to you. Or why you seem to have such a personal ax to grind with me. It it's kinda getting creepy.
Because ive read your posts talking about how you cant stomach this team anymore yet you keep coming back and talking shit and putting your fandom above others and questioning whether they were fans at all. Now youre back saying you will root for whoever plays against my favorite team and hope we dont win a game..

if thats how you feel just go already.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Because ive read your posts talking about how you cant stomach this team anymore yet you keep coming back and talking crap and putting your fandom above others and questioning whether they were fans at all. Now youre back saying you will root for whoever plays against my favorite team and hope we dont win a game..

if thats how you feel just go already.
I have not said anything about how I can't "stomach this team" or anything to that effect.

In fact until the 0-16 comment I had not said a word about the team. My posts were directed strictly at the other posters who felt inclined to advise some of us in how to cope with this. Kinda like what you're so adamant doing to me.

Frankly I don't give a crap about what YOU think so I'll just say have a nice day.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have not said anything about how I can't "stomach this team" or anything to that effect.

In fact until the 0-16 comment I had not said a word about the team. My posts were directed strictly at the other posters who felt inclined to advise some of us in how to cope with this. Kinda like what you're so adamant doing to me.

Frankly I don't give a crap about what YOU think so I'll just say have a nice day.
The Los Angeles Rams will get along just fine without you. Good day.