Tim Barnes getting cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't sign a Steve Wisniewski money chaser if your at the cap limit. I don't think that Kromer has ever started a 300 to 305 pound OL'er @ OG.
You can if you CAP cut Sims & Harkey. With a year under Kromer, maybe Brown will be ready for the position as starter if he's so worried about Wisniewski's weight. Either way, I believe Saffold gets at least one more year on this team starting as an OG. jmo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Remember when we were talking about Brown being such a steal and probably a future all pro? Is he just another casualty of the Rams staff not developing their assets? I think we see a big gain in Brown this year and hope he can become a starter by seasons end or next season.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Signing Whitworth and moving GRob to G makes Saffold and his 6 mil expendable. cut him and sign a real center.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Kromer already has a guy on the roster pegged as the new center, in the case that they don't draft one. However he supposedly puts a lot of value on the center position so it doesn't seem likely that they don't have something more planned.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Center is going to be drafted. There are some excellent options and they should be able to get one of them from rounds 2-5.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
You can if you CAP cut Sims & Harkey. With a year under Kromer, maybe Brown will be ready for the position as starter if he's so worried about Wisniewski's weight. Either way, I believe Saffold gets at least one more year on this team starting as an OG. jmo.

here you go!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
how much cap space does those tree cuts save the Rams? I think they have enough now to sign a FA center.

Psycho_X

Legend
how much cap space does those tree cuts save the Rams? I think they have enough now to sign a FA center.

In another thread someone said we now have $16 million in space after everything they've done the last few days. So plenty to grab at least one more splashy signing. Would need to save about $6 for the draft I'd think. Unless there's still a Tru trade happening then we could just keep going bat shit crazy.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I can't imagine with all the moves they are making that cutting your starting center without a replacement in mind.
Cannot bank on the drank that any player you covet will be available, so it's either someone already on the team or there are talks with a Free Agent. I'd bet we hear about signing a Center soon.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow.....I'm speechless

OL Rodger Saffold (4.2 mil.)
We're not moving, cutting, or nothing with him Boni....Matter of fact...he's a starter until....well you know the drill.

Center is going to be drafted. There are some excellent options and they should be able to get one of them from rounds 2-5.
My thoughts exactly.

Jon Toth....saw him in many games...watched his tape...more importantly, I watched who he went against. He'd be my first choice. Did I say smart as a whip???? Yall, haven't noticed my swing to these Mechanical Engineering majors? First Wentz now.....oh well
JJ Dielman....he was a 3 year starter at RT that was moved to Center.. hurt his foot after a month or so...I know I have preached Bolles (still want him too)....and now I'm gonna hype a guy that was injured on this same Utah team...I don't think a lot of you guys realize how good Utah has become...and that line...JJ Dielman is a captain...leader type. Needs to add some strength & work on his snaps. Who doesn't?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm thinking you'll be hearing the name John Sullivan soon. And yes, we'll probably go a hunting in the draft as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rams look at Duron Harmon and an OLB/ILB before next week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

TB 3mil
WH 5.5.mil
ES. 3.25 mil
LK 4.25

AS far as a cheap Tim Barnes replacement it still could be Ryan Groy of the Bills.

Aaron Kromer is very familiar with a UDFA RFA center/OG with the Bills. If the Rams desire this massive size center 6-5 320 plus pounds all they have to do is beat that tendered amount of just under 2 million. Snead does not have to send any compensation. @jrry32 did his homework much earlier on this matter than me so he gets a A plus to add to his UF grade point averages. When Kromer was the OC & OL coach in Chicago back in 2014. His rookie season he started 3 games played in 4. When Kromer was kicked out of Bearland the Pats traded for Ryan Groy.

Anyway Kromer ended up with the Bills & so did Ryan Groy for both of Kromer's seasons with the Bills. Groy has started 10 games for Kromer in 3 seasons. Groy meets the size requirements of a Kromer Barnes & Rhaney do not .
http://www.nfl.com/player/ryangroy/2550569/profile
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/9627/Ryan-Groy