This is effing great. HAHA 49ers boss is something else...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True. Was funny. But interviewing won't mean much to his ability to coach. I've heard a lot of great things about him as a coach. But he'll be a guy that comes down to his staff. So we'll see who he brings in. Losing all their defensive coaches was big...huge loss.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
choofed.gif

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
True. Was funny. But interviewing won't mean much to his ability to coach. I've heard a lot of great things about him as a coach. But he'll be a guy that comes down to his staff. So we'll see who he brings in. Losing all their defensive coaches was big...huge loss.
And the OC

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Hahahahahahaha

"He sounds like pretty much what you’d expect a line coach to sound like. For the :20 he doesn’t really say a word, he just sort of grunts and makes noises as if he were a farm animal and shakes his head a lot."

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Man he was breathing into the Mike like he'd just ran a flight of stairs when he wasn't talking

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So Jim Tomfoolery needs a little polishing that's okay, however, I wish him many years of sub par performance...Nothing personal, it's just business.
WyPW5.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He sounds like the 49ers version of, Seattle's Lynch!:LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Made me so uncomfortable, that I had to stop watching it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In all honesty, who knows...he could end up being a great coach just not good at being asked questions on the spot. I mean, the guy asking the questions was kind of trying to come at him from an angle more along the lines of "gotcha" rather than trying to get information out of him. Kind of reminds me of Elliott Davis on "You paid for it"...or Michael Moore in his documentaries.

But I still love seeing a division foe look like a fucking goombah at the microphone!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
the guy asking the questions was kind of trying to come at him from an angle more along the lines of "gotcha" rather than trying to get information out of him.
The guy asking questions no way was trying a "gotcha". He is a typical Niner fan media douche there to kiss 49er butt, since that's what all Bay Area sports fans expect out of their media. Not sure how he could have possibly soft-balled it any more, perhaps give him a back rub? Or just not ask any questions at all? Which is obviously what they should have done, why bother with a waste of time interview if he wasn't allowed to provide any answers?

Come on, there's no defense of this fiasco. He looked so dumpy and moronic that if that had been a casting tape, Tomsula would have easily put Walter Matthau out of a job for the Coach Buttermaker role. The 49er PR guys should be ashamed they allowed this, if not fired. Perhaps they should dig out their old "video to coach players on handling media questions in diverse San Francisco": http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2073670

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The guy asking questions no way was trying a "gotcha". He is a typical Niner fan media douche there to kiss 49er butt, since that's what all Bay Area sports fans expect out of their media. Not sure how he could have possibly soft-balled it any more, perhaps give him a back rub? Or just not ask any questions at all? Which is obviously what they should have done, why bother with a waste of time interview if he wasn't allowed to provide any answers?

Come on, there's no defense of this fiasco. He looked so dumpy and moronic that if that had been a casting tape, Tomsula would have easily put Walter Matthau out of a job for the Coach Buttermaker role. The 49er PR guys should be ashamed they allowed this, if not fired. Perhaps they should dig out their old "video to coach players on handling media questions in diverse San Francisco": http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2073670
After watching it again I think you are right and my original assessment was wrong. I think the interviewer actually just started to realize how terrible of an interview this was and how bad this guy sounded that his tone was more of disbelief.

Sum1

Hall of Fame