Think I'm the only one who didn't like the Donald pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MizzOU

UDFA
Who is going to start scoring TDs? They must be expecting lots of forced fumbles and interceptions from the most explosive DL in the NFL.

Having a nasty DL is nice but the Rams were first in the NFL in sacks last year and still 15th in the league in D. The real deficincies were in the secondary at corner and safety where multiple options were open. Maybe even LB with a talent like Mosley! But holy crap we get another DL. And he's an undersized three technique. Cmon man.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Who is going to start scoring TDs? They must be expecting lots of forced fumbles and interceptions from the most explosive DL in the NFL.

Having a nasty DL is nice but the Rams were first in the NFL in sacks last year and still 15th in the league in D. The real deficincies were in the secondary at corner and safety where multiple options were open. Maybe even LB with a talent like Mosley! But holy crap we get another DL. And he's an undersized three technique. Cmon man.

We're going to win 10 regular season games this year with the average score 6-3. That's all it takes baby!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Dude, there's still plenty of picks left. We also have our pick of the litter of the UDFAs with our comp picks. We'll be OK.

Donald is a top 10 talent that fell into our lap at 13. You don't pass that up.

PhxRam

the Rams were first in the NFL in sacks last year

screenshot_322.png

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
From the way it sounded, Donald was far and away BPA when he was picked.

As well, I hear you as far as scoring TDs, but the receivers left at the time really weren't an upgrade over what we had. TE wasn't an upgrade after Ebron was gone. And we weren't ever going 1st round QB or HB.

So I'm not going to fault Donald for that.

Slappy967

Starter
Two years ago we were the leader in sacks, last year was good but not great due to the shit play calling by Walton.

MizzOU

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So let's forget about offense for a second then. Why use a high pick on a guy at a position of ABSOLUTE strength when you have immediate needs that can be filled??? Deone Bucannon, Darquez Dennard, Jason Verrett, Ha Ha Clinton Dix were all there and we could have traded back and got one...

I just don't really like it over other positions. Even if Donald is some Gerald McCoy type penetrator.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

If Long comes back 100%, and Robinson starts at LOG as rumored we should be able to run for about 5 plus with Stacy off either side on any given play. That should help the offense some.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If Long comes back 100%, and Robinson starts at LOG as rumored we should be able to run for about 5 plus with Stacy off either side on any given play. That should help the offense some.

Along with a more experienced special teams that shouldn't give up our returns like last year. Field position killed us a lot last year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Donald was BPA by a good stretch. Third and longs will be brutal for oppositions with...

Long-Donald-Carrigan-Quinn

We mainly have to worry about stopping the run.

Slappy967

Starter
The reason we passed on the secondary was because the Rams were in unfamiliar territory having a top ten talent fall in their lap and being a good enough team to go BPA for once.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
The reason we passed on the secondary was because the Rams were in unfamiliar territory having a top ten talent fall in their lap and being a good enough team to go BPA for once.
Its still amazing we can actually start doing this now right? lol

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah it really is. I mean people are complaining about picks but the reality is Snisher have done a fantastic job building this monster. So much talent, so much youth and we just keep adding more. Good time to be a Rams fan.

GreenMays

UDFA
There's 'Best Player Available' and then 'Best Player Better Than Current'. While Langford to Donald is probably an slight upgrade, is it better than McLeod to Pryor, Dunbar to Shazier, T. Johnson to Dennard? I don't know, but we were already a top rushing defense and pass rush defense. Our secondary got torched. We were last in the league in defense passing percentage and defense yards/attempt. I don't see Donald over Langford making that much of a difference in those numbers over other positions.

SierraRam

Recreational User
So let's forget about offense for a second then. Why use a high pick on a guy at a position of ABSOLUTE strength when you have immediate needs that can be filled??? Deone Bucannon, Darquez Dennard, Jason Verrett, Ha Ha Clinton Dix were all there and we could have traded back and got one...

I just don't really like it over other positions. Even if Donald is some Gerald McCoy type penetrator.

More like Warren Sapp

The tape I've seen on Donald shows him in the backfield on almost every play. He's perfect next to Brockers, and now we'll have pressure up the middle, too.

JJ and Tru will press under G. Williams and we'll get our Safety help soon. They'll have to cover for about 3 seconds before the QB is crushed...

V3

Hall of Fame
I really don't think Stacey will be able to handle the load. I really hope the other rb's are able to help out more.

Slappy967

Starter
Bam Bam and Stacy with a side order of D-Rich sans turf toe should handle that problem.

MizzOU

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL the QB would be crushed if we are playing against Arizona and Carson Palmer. The DL advantage is negated when going against guys like Wilson and Kaep imo. And that's the point right? To beat the Seahawks and Niners?

V3

Hall of Fame
Still some really good ones left on the board.
Too many other needs to fill. I don't expect to strike gold again in the late rounds like last year with Stacey. Fisher and Snead made their bed when they took Pead.