The Rise of LASED.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Meanwhile, I just watched another pump truck leave the former Carson Landifll. :death:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, I just watched another pump truck leave the former Carson Landifll. :death:

Amazing that a site that was literally “a toxic waste dump” was in the running. Looking back, Carson never had a chance, it was just a BS leverage play all along.

Jason LaCanfora and John Clayton told us for months that Carson was “in the lead”...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing that a site that was literally “a toxic waste dump” was in the running. Looking back, Carson never had a chance, it was just a BS leverage play all along.

Jason LaCanfora and John Clayton told us for months that Carson was “in the lead”...

Anything the clown says must mean the direct opposite is fact.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are guys that'll be doing grunt work like installing chairs and crap, nothing important to the overall structure.

I've seen plenty of unqualified workers masquerading as tradesmen and let me tell you, the results aren't pretty.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Jerry Richardson was planting false stories thinking that the rest of the owners were stupid enough to just go with group think. Apparently it worked for the relocation committee, but the rest of the owners probably weren't paying attention to all the little details and just went off the presentations, which showed the reality between the two projects. I always knew that Inglewood would win out because it was the most obvious. Carson wasn't real and the Riverfront required the owners forcing one of their own to bend to the will of a city (there was just no way they were going to set that precedent). Shame it had to get so ugly, I really think Jerry Richardson getting involved is what make it turn so sour, he was planting false stories, lying to other owners, lying to the city of St Louis and the task force, just a shitty guy overall. I wasn't surprised he was a creep as well.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

The more people would say that Carson was "in the lead" the more convinced I was that the Rams were going to be the chosen team. Having lived not far from the Carson site most of my life, and knowing some of the background of why that land had not been developed for 50...despite several proposals, it was obvious that if Carson was the only thing standing in the way of the Rams moving back, we had it in the bag. Fred Rogin did a lot of great reporting on his radio show at the time that showed tons of contradictions about what was being claimed from Dean Spanos side, and what the reality was about he Carson land, and the actual financing of the stadium. Primarily that land was NEVER cleared for anything close to stadium...ZERO land remediation had been done to prepare the land for development by the time of the owners final vote...and there was no locked in financing proposal to build a stadium in Carson. Meanwhile Inglewood had absolutely everything locked in and ready to go.... Then you have the resources of Kroenke vs. Spanos/Davis in terms of making a potential project successful in the long term.....no comparison.

The NFL owners chose the best proposal and the owner/team most likely to be successful...meanwhile Spanos got some concessions...handouts...and an opportunity that he simply could not make happen on his own.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/07/18/la-stadium-construction-jobs-workers/

LA Stadium Boosting Construction Workforce To Make Summer 2020 Deadline

INGLEWOOD (CBSLA) — The LA Stadium and Entertainment District is looking to boost its workforce to ensure the complex is completed in time for its scheduled 2020 summer debut.

To help reach that goal, a jobs fair was held at Inglewood’s Rogers Park Thursday to connect electricians, painters, tile layers, carpenters and other construction workers with employers looking to fill those slots.

The stadium, which is now about 70 percent complete, will be the future home of the Los Angeles Chargers and Los Angeles Ram and is the centerpiece of a 298-acre sports and entertainment district.

LA Stadium is already set to host Super Bowl LVI in February 2022, the College Football National Championship game in 2023, and the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympic Games.

Further information about possible job opportunities can be found on the official LA Stadium website.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lookin good on the construction timeline IMO. Hell the Raiders just announced their stadium is only at 50% done. I guess it all depends on what else they want done in the complex before opening.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Can't wait for our boy @SWAdude next set of pictures (no pressure-just saying)

I haven't had a day time landing at LAX for a while now. I do have one on the schedule next month. I hope to be able to share more pics!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
anything new you can share about the 737, this situation boggles my mind
train

Boggles the minds of all the 737 pilots I know also.

I am not going to engage in any debates on this subject for obvious reasons, the plane is safe. Otherwise we wouldn't fly it. It has always been safe. As safe or safer than any other model of Jet I have flown. Experience is a thing.

Its all politics.

Hopefully back by the end of the year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
He keeps referring to "NFL Offices" ... is the NFL going to move operations there? I know they are supposed to be the new site for the NFL Network ... but I didn't know the NFL was actually opening up operations in L.A. .... ??

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The more people would say that Carson was "in the lead" the more convinced I was that the Rams were going to be the chosen team. Having lived not far from the Carson site most of my life, and knowing some of the background of why that land had not been developed for 50...despite several proposals, it was obvious that if Carson was the only thing standing in the way of the Rams moving back, we had it in the bag. Fred Rogin did a lot of great reporting on his radio show at the time that showed tons of contradictions about what was being claimed from Dean Spanos side, and what the reality was about he Carson land, and the actual financing of the stadium. Primarily that land was NEVER cleared for anything close to stadium...ZERO land remediation had been done to prepare the land for development by the time of the owners final vote...and there was no locked in financing proposal to build a stadium in Carson. Meanwhile Inglewood had absolutely everything locked in and ready to go.... Then you have the resources of Kroenke vs. Spanos/Davis in terms of making a potential project successful in the long term.....no comparison.

The NFL owners chose the best proposal and the owner/team most likely to be successful...meanwhile Spanos got some concessions...handouts...and an opportunity that he simply could not make happen on his own.
Great summary, 29.

Yeah, for about 3 months, before the big relocation vote, I listened via podcast to Roggin’s radio show every day. Great reporting, true “insider” stuff. Vinny B was always a great guest.

Amazing to me how incompetent Spanos and his lackeys were. Lies, spin, incompetence, self-contradiction... on some days they didn’t even seem to have a plan.

That whole saga was like a soap opera, I enjoyed the drama, frankly. I always had a feeling it would come out with a happy ending (with Rams in LA), but there were so many lies and rumors that I couldn’t believe it was a sure thing until the final vote.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He keeps referring to "NFL Offices" ... is the NFL going to move operations there? I know they are supposed to be the new site for the NFL Network ... but I didn't know the NFL was actually opening up operations in L.A. .... ??
It's twofold. NFL offices will have a west coast location there. And NFL Network will relocate there from Culver City where they're at now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's twofold. NFL offices will have a west coast location there. And NFL Network will relocate there from Culver City where they're at now.
Where will your official Ram's fan office space be? Next to McVay's office? :rockon:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Where will your official Ram's fan office space be? Next to McVay's office? :rockon:
I'm pretty sure that the Rams main offices and probably eventual team HG will be in the Aguora Hills .... if I am not mistaken