The reeling Panthers lose again and Cam Newton walks out during press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This is how you handle a presser.
I seriously doubt ANYONE in the league was more disappointed or upset than Keenum today.
And yet, he hangs in there and lets the media ask him 8 minutes worth of pointless crap.

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-Postgame-Press-Conference---1016/5cb0b9ec-f513-427a-af65-e8e293e2234c

He was super upset after the game losing pick. He just stood on the field by himself with his hands on his helmet. Was devistated all that work was for nothing.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Newton is a classic front runner. When things go well he is great and entertaining. Poses like Superman and plays his butt off. Most importantly he wins.

When things go poorly, he acts like a petulant child.

He will mature and handle adversity better in time.....I think. And when he does watch out. He can be crazy good.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbTDaFHMCqo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...orms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

In fact, you can find a number of temper tantrums Brady has thrown. Yet, he seems to escape the spotlight in a way Newton doesn't.

There's also Bill Belichick and post-game press conferences...

Newtons tantrums come at the podium. Your comparing two different things. Over 18 years Brady has been one of the classiest players when dealing with the media so if and when he has a brain fart he gets a pass. Not sure how Belichick factors into this though.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Four pillars
"faith, character, core values, team first "low talent Case Keenum over
"Malcontent
low character" high talent POS Cam Newton

I agree with your overall point but I would take Cam over Case in a second. Calling him low character is unfair. This guy has won a national championship and led a team to a super bowl. He has something good going on there.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Let me know when you find an NFL fan who *doesn't* think Brady acts like a bitch.
(patriots fans excluded)

What does he have like 12 division championships, 6 Super Bowl appearances......give me a bitch!! Lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Newtons tantrums come at the podium. Your comparing two different things. Over 18 years Brady has been one of the classiest players when dealing with the media so if and when he has a brain fart he gets a pass. Not sure how Belichick factors into this though.

So it's okay to throw a tantrum and curse out refs when you don't get your way, but it's bad to walk out of a press conference early? Come on, Boston. That's a double standard.

How does Belichick factor in? He engages in the sort of "childishness" that people criticize Newton for.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How does Belichick factor in? He engages in the sort of "childishness" that people criticize Newton for.
People criticize belichick for the same thing too. Except, for Patriots fans of course.

Newton will get a pass from some as well. This isn't something that you're going to get universal agreeance on. People are going to see this different ways, and you just have to accept that.

Psycho_X

Legend
When things go poorly, he acts like a petulant child.

He will mature and handle adversity better in time.....I think. And when he does watch out. He can be crazy good.

Don't remember what it was, I think one of the shows on ESPN that follows prominent college players around before they get drafted, but Newton was one of the main ones. And the entire show he seemed like a whiny, spoiled, immature brat and I came away from that show assuming that's who he was and that's all he'll ever be. He hasn't done anything to change my mind about that yet.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
So it's okay to throw a tantrum and curse out refs when you don't get your way, but it's bad to walk out of a press conference early? Come on, Boston. That's a double standard.

Never said it was ok. But on field stuff happens and every QB does it, whether is gamemanship or bitchyness. I would say what Newton did to Bogar in 2012 was worse than what Brady did in your video. Newton has his face in Bogars face and bumps him, Brady is side by side with the official stating his case. Point of me bring this up is nobody is railing Newton for that, so it makes no sense to bring in Brady's yelling at the official into this conversation. So no double standard, its apples and oranges.

What is being discussed is Newton immaturity in dealing with the media. Newton acts like a baby plain and simple. Not sure how you defend that. I do think that he can mature and be better at handling adversity. But right now he needs help in this department. He is the face of the franchise and has a responsibility as the leader to field these types of questions.

All this being said, I would take him on my team in a nano second. He is a great player who needs to work on some things. This being one of them.

As for Bilicheck, you are right he is a child. He has also been and is criticized every week for his behavior, even in New England. Nobody says what is does is ok. So if you think its unfair that one is criticized and the other is not, I disagree. They both are criticized for it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
People criticize belichick for the same thing too. Except, for Patriots fans of course.

Newton will get a pass from some as well. This isn't something that you're going to get universal agreeance on. People are going to see this different ways, and you just have to accept that.

Not true, Patriot fans to criticize him for it.....shocker I know lol, but its true....they hate it.

…..

Legend

th