The RB debate...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know there are a few who think Lacy is / or could be our 'feature' back, but Fisher has remained consistent in his passion for the running-back by committee approach, again one of the reasons out Feature Back Vet decided to up sticks...

Just for the record, I like the 3 guys that we have, and I really think they are the way forward for us and we don't need to draft a RB in 2013.

But for arguments sake, I've had a look at who's still available in FA, and there's a guy still out there who's definitely that 'Big Back' that Fisher has hinted towards he would like, one who could share snaps with our own RB corps...

A former 1000+ yard, 10+ TD season guy, who maybe needs another chance in a better environment...

Yep, you guessed it Peyton Hillis

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Ima say we try and target Lattimore in one of the later rounds and avoid Lacy, imo. By drafting Lattimore we can stash him on the pup and give the extra carries to Pead/Richardson to learn until he is able to play with us. This is my dream scenario for the RB position lol. :lol:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It could be a good option - but would be better off waiting till 2014 to pick up a feature back if the 3-way combo doesn't work?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My biggest concern re: Lattimore is that a team, specifically the whiners, with loads of draft choices will pick him up in the 3rd and just let him get healthy for a year.

Under those circumstances he could be very productive in 2014.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hillis is more a big name than anything, I wouldn't want him at all. I'd rather pick up Bell in the 3rd or so...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
BigRamFan said:
My biggest concern re: Lattimore is that a team, specifically the whiners, with loads of draft choices will pick him up in the 3rd and just let him get healthy for a year.

I get that, and I guess we do have 3 guys which can handle the snaps this year while we get Lattimore up to speed...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Rammer said:
Hillis is more a big name than anything, I wouldn't want him at all. I'd rather pick up Bell in the 3rd or so...

It was just a thought thrown out there, it was just the 'could be interested in a big back whether in the Draft or through FA' comment that keeps playing over in my head from Fisher / Snead - Just looking at potential 'big' RBs who aren't too big a name to share snaps...

jap

Legend
BigRamFan said:

I an earlier post I felt if the Rams wanted Lattimore, they would have to draft him by Round Three at the latest or expect to see him go to Friscoe.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
jap said:
BigRamFan said:

I an earlier post I felt if the Rams wanted Lattimore, they would have to draft him by Round Three at the latest or expect to see him go to Friscoe.

Doesn't SF already have that guy in LaMichael James?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Faceplant said:
jap said:
BigRamFan said:

Yup, and Kendall Hunter. Two guys I really wanted the Rams to take.

And DeMarco Murray, although I never knew he'd turn into a beast or taken in the 2nd (I thought he'd be a 3rd rounder).

I think I'm pretty good w/ RBs. :ww:

Gah could you imagine DeMarco Murray and LeMichael James in the same backfield?

Joseph Randle, RB Okie State is a guy that can play, too. Everyone brings up Marcus Lattimore, Eddie Lacy (me), Le'Veon Bell, etc...but Joseph Randle is another one. With my luck he goes to the damn seaworms.

jap

Legend
Faceplant said:
jap said:
BigRamFan said:

Why should that stop them from trying to grab someone who is potentially much better?