The Rams will draft in the 1st Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Greg Robinson OT Auburn
Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State

Just a quick prediction, no idea what numbers they will go but think the Rams will walk away with these two.

jjab360

Legend
Hoping we can trade down from 13 before we take Shazier. Don't see many threats to take him in the teens.

Alan

Legend
My druthers haven't changed in the last two months. Matthews and Ha-Ha. Hopefully after a small trade down with each pick.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't really see the need in drafting a LB so high though.

We play alot of nickel (2 LB's) so Laurinaitis and Ogletree have that taken care of. We have Dunbar for the base defense, and guys like Ray Ray and Bates who have shown alot on special teams and look like they could possibly be very good backups. That's just my thoughts though.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hoping we can trade down from 13 before we take Shazier. Don't see many threats to take him in the teens.

I agree, I like the possibility of trading down with Miami. Miami seems hot on Zac Martin.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

We play alot of nickel (2 LB's) so Laurinaitis and Ogletree have that taken care of. We have Dunbar for the base defense, and guys like Ray Ray and Bates who have shown alot on special teams and look like they could possibly be very good backups. That's just my thoughts though.

I agree, I would prefer a trade down at 2 and get Evans or Matthews and if Dennard is there at 13 would like that. I just made a prediction, not exactly how I would do it but I really think this is the direction we are going in.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Its worth noting a lot of folks have Shazier as a better player than Ogletree. Laurinaitis is a bit of a liability in coverage, I would suspect JL turns into a 2 down backer.

A55VA6

Legend
I honestly hope #2 is either Clowney or Watkins, trade up from 13 and land an OT or whoever they feel is another elite player. We have enough draft picks to move up and down a few times.

A55VA6

Legend
Its worth noting a lot of folks have Shazier as a better player than Ogletree. Laurinaitis is a bit of a liability in coverage, I would suspect JL turns into a 2 down backer.
Ehh, I kind of have to disagree with you on the 2 down LB part. I do agree JL isn't exactly great in coverage but he's still good. He's a leader and seems to do everything very well. He's the QB of the defense. He'll stay on the field.

Shazier may or may not be better than Ogletree, but Tree had a great rookie year and I don't see us replacing him. Shazier is a very good player and I wouldn't mind having him.. but I feel we could get a great player at a position of need instead.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Ehh, I kind of have to disagree with you on the 2 down LB part. I do agree JL isn't exactly great in coverage but he's still good. He's a leader and seems to do everything very well. He's the QB of the defense. He'll stay on the field.

Shazier may or may not be better than Ogletree, but Tree had a great rookie year and I don't see us replacing him. Shazier is a very good player and I wouldn't mind having him.. but I feel we could get a great player at a position of need instead.

I don't disagree with you.

jjab360

Legend
I definitely have Shazier as a better prospect than Ogletree, hands down. Wasn't a fan of that pick though he has grown on me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Matthews and Mosley.

They are being too transparent about Shazier and you hear nothing about Mosley interest even though they scouted him at the end of the year and met him at the combine. He is a better fit as a future replacement for JL if he gets hurt and he can play the run better than Shazier.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Manziel at #2, the trade up for Bridgewater at #3.

Let Bradford, Manziel and Bridgewater battle it out.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Manziel at #2, the trade up for Bridgewater at #3.

Let Bradford, Manziel and Bridgewater battle it out.

I heard Tebow is looking for work, maybe we can throw him in the mix too. Imagine all the press we'll get!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I definitely have Shazier as a better prospect than Ogletree, hands down. Wasn't a fan of that pick though he has grown on me.

Shszier is a combine climber. Few people were talking about him before his eye popping workouts. I watched lots of OSU and Shazier did not stand out like Ogletree did for Georgia.

Ogletree is a beast. He is a fumble causing manster. That was a great pick up for the rams and I think he is gonna keep improving.