The Rams did get some good news on both players(Kupp/Woods) after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp 'doing really well' after suffering concussions
gettyimages-1047271812.jpg

679SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL
By: Cameron DaSilva | 14 hours ago

The Los Angeles Rams had to play the majority of the game without Brandin Cooks after he suffered a concussion in the second quarteragainst the Seattle Seahawks. He never returned, but to make matters worse, they also lost another starting wide receiver.

Cooper Kupp suffered a concussion of his own in the second half and was unable to return. Both players were put in the concussion protocol, causing panic among Rams fans everywhere. Cooks’ head injury looked particularly bad as he suffered a nasty helmet-to-helmet hit in the open field, seemingly causing him to lose consciousness as he went to the ground.

p

The Rams did get some good news on both players after the game, though. Sean McVay provided an update in his postgame press conference:

“They’re doing really well right now. Obviously they’ll be in the protocol, but in terms of the way they checked out, signs are pointing in a positive direction, if that means anything. I know that if you’re still experiencing some of those symptoms, then that’s when you’re starting to get concerned. But those guys feel good and they were able to have normal conversations just seeing them in the locker room,” McVay said. “I know they wanted to come back but ultimately, we want to be smart with those things. Hopefully we’ll get those guys back this week, but nothing more important than being smart about that.”

Both Kupp and Cooks will have to go through the league’s concussion protocol and won’t be able to play until they pass those important tests, but it sounds like they’re doing well in the initial phases of the process.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...-brandin-cooks-cooper-kupp-concussion-update/

Psycho_X

Legend
Just based off observations with no knowledge of anything else it looked like Kupp's wasn't too bad so would hope he could play this week. It seemed like Cooks would be out at least one game by the severity of it plus the fact that this isn't his first "severe" concussion. Would think they'd want him to rest a little more. But who knows, the brain is a tricky thing.

I will say, respect to the Seahawks medical staff who jumped out onto the field and practically shielded Cooks seemingly before the play was completely over for all players involved. That was nice to see.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I may come across as sounding stupid, but does getting knocked out mean you have a concussion?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay, “actually, both guys were fine and could have returned but I figured it was a good opportunity to get these other guys some game experience. I figure I should get everyone familiar with what coming back and beating the Seahawks feels like”

Ok, maybe I’m paraphrasing

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Flags fly, but the penalty, as everyone expected to be for helmet to helmet, was on the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cooks has been popped a few times this year.

It’s hard to explain because they all look like accidents.

But, something to work on. Bruce and Holt were the masters of avoiding that, even tho at times they took hell for getting down.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Watching the replay in live speed, Thompson torpedoed himself into Cooks upper head/body without concern for player safety or form tackling.

Should have been a penalty, I'll be shocked if Goodellbot doesn't garnish his check.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me paranoid, but I would sit Cooks for the Denver game even if he passes all concussion protocol tests.

After his Super Bowl concussion and now this one, I say bubble wrap is ass for 2 weeks.

cooks.0.gif

It looked like Seattle's Tedric Thompson was trying to hurt Cooks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_cFKEptYpY

Both concussion events seemed to be blatant to me. Maybe defenders should start getting suspended for 8 games. I won't lie, that while I was listening to the the radio call I immediately wondered if these were purposeful attempts to cripple our offense by taking out two of our best playmakers early in the game. I wasn't as sure after seeing the Kupp hit, but still wonder about the knock out of a guy (Cooks) with a concussion history

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching the replay in live speed, Thompson torpedoed himself into Cooks upper head/body without concern for player safety or form tackling.

Should have been a penalty, I'll be shocked if Goodellbot doesn't garnish his check.
We need to start suspending defenders doing a blatant hit to knock out WR's..8 games?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like they were only held out for their own safety and should be good to go.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me paranoid, but I would sit Cooks for the Denver game even if he passes all concussion protocol tests.

After his Super Bowl concussion and now this one, I say bubble wrap is ass for 2 weeks.

cooks.0.gif

It looked like Seattle's Tedric Thompson was trying to hurt Cooks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_cFKEptYpY

I wouldn't worry . The NFL concussion protocol is pretty vigorous from what I remember (stay inside with no lights or loud noises the first day, etc) . If Cooks gets through then it's because his symptoms will have subsided .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We need to start suspending defenders doing a blatant hit to knock out WR's..8 games?
Not sure about 8 but yeah... if the NFL wants to do anything but ACT like they care about player safety, this needs to be addressed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll say this: I loved how Reynolds, Everett, and Hodge stepped up. I want Kupp and Cooks to get healthy, first and foremost.