The one game to me was Minnesota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But we figured it out when Fisher started Case and inserted Boras. Very grateful! Too bad that switch wasn't made much, much, sooner or we'd have the 5 seed.
All Foles....replace him in week 4...whole different ballgame....

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Glad it turned out as good as it did?

The team is a good QB away from coasting into the playoffs and you think another 8-8 season continuing the playoff drought is something we should be grateful for? Good enough to keep spanking Seattle with a makeshift line manned by rookies and journeymen? Good enough to be 1 win away from the playoffs missing Quinn, McDonald, Ogletree, and others for big stretches of the season?

Man oh man do we need to work on your expectations!

Another 8-8 season? We haven't been that good in 9 years.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
To me it was the Baltimore game, no excuse for blowing that 10 point lead in the 4th qtr. against a bad team like that.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Agree B-

Minnesota puts us at 5-3 and I think the confidence level is at an all time high.
But I can't help but cringe at the Baltimore loss. We absolutely handed a game away that we dominated in full.

Debacled

Starter
Freak yeah I am. Were you there for the Great Nick Cignetti Recession? This team looked like they were going 4-12. They found a good QB in Keenum and Boras has been great. They went from rock bottom, with no hope, to rock solid in a blink.

So hell yeah I'm grateful. I'm grateful we actually have momentum going into next year rather than wishing someone would pull the trigger on the season and SEA fans not talking about how great they are. We thought we had it figured out, we didn't. But we figured it out when Fisher started Case and inserted Boras. Very grateful! Too bad that switch wasn't made much, much, sooner or we'd have the 5 seed.

So save your attitude for your teenage peers.

I am under the impression Nick Foles cost Cignetti his job. Had Keenum not had to play in a windstorm in Baltimore and gotten a concussion I feel as those Cigs would still be operating the offense.

This team is MUCH better than that, and as stated above at no point should we be thinking we were lucky to have hit that mark. I'd wager it was unlucky we didn't make a playoff push. The Steelers, Vikings, and Ravens games would have ended much more positively than they did. All they needed was a TINY bit more from the QB position. Plug a good starter in there and they would have had a shot at the division.

Sorry for thinking your expectations are crap, but if that means I have a teenages attitude so be it.

Debacled

Starter
Another 8-8 season? We haven't been that good in 9 years.
8-8 is what you want? Bad enough to miss the playoffs and think of only what could have been, yet also good enough to prevent this team from getting the one thing it really needs; a competent QB?

I am not saying tanking would be a good idea. I love the effort and wins, but 8-8 is what it is. I don't care how long its been since this team has pulled that off. They need more.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not Minnesota we'd be jumping. Seattle is 9-6 right now. If we beat Minnesota, we'd be 8-7 with 2 wins over Seattle and 1 win over Minnesota. That means that if either Minnesota or Seattle loses, we're in. If both lose, we're in. Because we have H2H over both. Of course, we'd have to beat SF. Seattle has to play Arizona and Minnesota has to play GB so it's very possible one or both could lose next week.

Frankly, even with a loss to Minnesota, we'd still be in if Seattle lost and we won in Week 17 if we had beat Baltimore which was an even more attainable game imo. We had no business losing that game to Baltimore.

Yes, it would be Hawks or Vikings losing that would put us in if Rams beat Niners. I was rushed when asked how and it's because both would be at 9 wins if we had won that game and we have both tie breakers

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I disagree. It was the home game blowout loss to Chicago(following the Vikings game) that changed the complexion of the season from being a contender to a pretender. The wheels fell off at that point.

I'm saying, if the Rams win that game, Rams win next week, and either Vikings or Hawks lose next week, which is likely, Rams are going to the playoffs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm saying, if the Rams win that game, Rams win next week, and either Vikings or Hawks lose next week, which is likely, Rams are going to the playoffs.
vs Chicago? Like i said i disagree. The outcome vs Minnesota had little bearing on the Bears game(or the course of the season) IMO. The Rams' MO was in full force. Lose a tough, close game on the road vs a quality opponent in Minnesota(no shame in that) and turn around and get beatdown at home vs a bad team. Rams win at home vs the Bears(even after dropping a close one at Minnesota) and the season(playoff talk) continues and takes on a completely different feel.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Helluva thread, that's for sure.

So many winnable games that slipped between our fingers.

A game here or a game there.

A score here or a score there.

A two point or a one point conversion.

Four red zone ints vs the Packers.

Picking Cigs rather than Boras for the OC position.

Losing TWO OL on a single Foles interception play? I mean, the SAME damned play?

Winning a damned coin flip for the wind?

I'll say this, and I doubt that many will disagree. We are a helluva lot better than our 7-8 record indicates.

Arrrrrgh! It's not easy being a Ram fan. Sigh...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Assuming a Rams win next week and a Cards win over Hawks, both reasonable, it will mean that one game kept the Rams out of the playoffs. This isn't the only scenario, but it demonstrates to me how damn close we were.

One horribly windy away game against, what is now, a 10 win team. Lost by just three points in OT. One completed endzone pass, one redzone hole for Gurley, one FG not missed in regular time, one lucky bounce.

SO DAMN CLOSE.

I hate that the Rams aren't going now that they've turned around the O enough to start winning again. I blame Fisher for the decisions and the slowness to react. Cigi, Foles, not using TA...

But damn, it was three points close, and I feel a hell of a lot better looking towards next season.
Yep! Al we can do at this point is play the cards we've been dealt!
( Week #'s 2-3-9 and 11. all very winnable games!!)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
8-8 is what you want? Bad enough to miss the playoffs and think of only what could have been, yet also good enough to prevent this team from getting the one thing it really needs; a competent QB?

I am not saying tanking would be a good idea. I love the effort and wins, but 8-8 is what it is. I don't care how long its been since this team has pulled that off. They need more.
8-8 is a non-Losing Season, and a beginning!

Look at how many 8-8 seasons the cowboys had and the press always called them " God's gift to Football" so to speak!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
vs Chicago? Like i said i disagree. The outcome vs Minnesota had little bearing on the Bears game(or the course of the season) IMO. The Rams' MO was in full force. Lose a tough, close game on the road vs a quality opponent in Minnesota(no shame in that) and turn around and get beatdown at home vs a bad team. Rams win at home vs the Bears(even after dropping a close one at Minnesota) and the season(playoff talk) continues and takes on a completely different feel.

As much as that loss sucked, it isn't the pivotal game. As Ramz said, the Vikings loss is more pivotal. But the Ravens loss is what killed our playoff hopes. And we had no business losing that game. If we had beat the Ravens, we'd be in the playoffs next week with a win over San Francisco and a Seattle loss to Arizona.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As much as that loss sucked, it isn't the pivotal game. As Ramz said, the Vikings loss is more pivotal. But the Ravens loss is what killed our playoff hopes. And we had no business losing that game. If we had beat the Ravens, we'd be in the playoffs next week with a win over San Francisco and a Seattle loss to Arizona.
I dont think you have a clear sense of the mental pulse of this years team big picture-wise,. Im sure the Rams felt very good about themselves going into the Chicago game, despite a tough loss in Minnesota, and they had every reason to. The wheels fell off vs Chicago. Thats couldn't be any clearer. The Chicago gm was last year's 2nd AZ gm. The team fell out of the mindset that they had turned the corner so to speak. The Vikings loss was just that...a hard fought loss.

Athos

Legend
It was the Pitt game imo.

Limited that high octane O to 13 points, knocked out Big Ben and shat the bed in no small back due to LKs bouncy ball hands.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think you have a clear sense of the mental pulse of this years team big picture-wise,. Im sure the Rams felt very good about themselves going into the Chicago game, despite a tough loss in Minnesota, and they had every reason to. The wheels fell off vs Chicago. Thats couldn't be any clearer. The Chicago gm was last year's 2nd AZ gm. The team fell out of the mindset that they had turned the corner so to speak. The Vikings loss was just that...a hard fought loss.

Yet, they pulled out of the tail-spin and are on a 3 game win streak.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bears game was the most inexplicable loss of the season to me. Had we lost to the Bears by a late FG in a tight game, it would STILL be the most inexplicable loss of the season to me. Here's why:

1. We were at home - Vikings and Ravens games sucked - but they were road games. Look at what Baltimore just did to Pittsburgh. Knew that game would be tough as they play everyone tough.

2. Back to back road games are tough - back to back road games where the team plays Monday night then Sunday at 1pm are even tougher - back to back road games going from Monday to Sunday, including travel from the WEST COAST??? The NFL did everything they could to give us an advantage. And we just didn't show up.

Av8R

UDFA
I really hate playing the "what if" game but if I had to for this season, the Pittsburgh game is the most frustrating winnable game. Defense played their hearts out and all we needed to do was score ONE touchdown and the Rams win that game. That was the most extremely frustrating thing to watch.