The one game to me was Minnesota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't believe there's any such thing as momentum going into a new season.

A figment of the imagination.
I'm not so sure, look at what momentum the Panthers had winning their last 4 in 2014 then going 14-0 in 2015! ( Food for thought!)

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What am I missing? Assuming a Rams Win at Minnesota, Vikings would be 9-6 and Rams would be 8-7 right now. It means Vikings still control their destiny if they win at packers in week 17 right?

If we beat Min, we are tied with the Hawks and have the tiebreaker. I guess any win would have worked then?

Stop confusing me. :unsure:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, we could beat ourselves up playing the what if game. If we won one of those games that we winnable we'd be looking at trying to win 9 games and tying the seahags for the last playoff spot. Instead, here we are looking at what ifs for the umpteenth time. The life of a Rams fan. A day late and a buck short.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The Minn,Pitts,And Balt games should have been wins and put us in the playoffs at 11-5 after next week.Those 3 games alone should light a fire under management to get a damm QB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Glad it turned out as good as it did?

The team is a good QB away from coasting into the playoffs and you think another 8-8 season continuing the playoff drought is something we should be grateful for? Good enough to keep spanking Seattle with a makeshift line manned by rookies and journeymen? Good enough to be 1 win away from the playoffs missing Quinn, McDonald, Ogletree, and others for big stretches of the season?

Man oh man do we need to work on your expectations!
No one on this site did not expect this team to be playoff bound at the beginning of the year, the expectations are fine. Being able to objectively look at the shit storm they have been through and realizing they aren't the POS of the last decade is reason to be happy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Minn,Pitts,And Balt games should have been wins and put us in the playoffs at 11-5 after next week.Those 3 games alone should light a fire under management to get a damm QB.

In the Steelers game TA had ZERO rushes. ZERO. SMH

bbach

UDFA
Assuming a Rams win next week and a Cards win over Hawks, both reasonable, it will mean that one game kept the Rams out of the playoffs. This isn't the only scenario, but it demonstrates to me how damn close we were.

One horribly windy away game against, what is now, a 10 win team. Lost by just three points in OT. One completed endzone pass, one redzone hole for Gurley, one FG not missed in regular time, one lucky bounce.

SO DAMN CLOSE.

I hate that the Rams aren't going now that they've turned around the O enough to start winning again. I blame Fisher for the decisions and the slowness to react. Cigi, Foles, not using TA...

But damn, it was three points close, and I feel a hell of a lot better looking towards next season.

Oh I so agree on that game. I said a week before the game that I live up in Vikings country and they are better than people think and that game was a real test for us. Then after the loss it felt like all the wind went out of our sails, players and fans alike.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I don't believe there's any such thing as momentum going into a new season.

A figment of the imagination.

So when we coming out swinging next year you'll be like "last year had nothing to with this year." Should I take that seriously?

Athos

Legend
Indeed. Momentum is made up bullshit.

It's certainly never stuck with Fisher.

Now, if you tell me young players will play better because of experience gained, sure.

But momentum season to season is BS fantasy land.

And momentum in season has meant diddly to Fisher teams IN SEASON.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
Your son is a Steeler fan. Send him to bed without supper every Sunday (or Monday or Thursday).