The official vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes. It was a desperate act. I would put the game in the hands of the pass rush and TA myself. Rams were only down 10.

With one of the most exciting players in the NFL, why is he cooling his heels 95% of the game? If we are desperate, why not try using the guy who makes big plays?

Fair enough, hard to disagree with that.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If you fully extend your arm into the DBs back in front of the ref it is going to usually get called. The penalties hurt the Rams but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Bailey didnt push the DB all he did was brush the DBs hand off of him, if there was any penalty on that play it was defensive holding.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All true. However the call for the hit to the head vs. Tru was the right call. I am not saying I like the rules the way they are written, but, the way they are written that is going to get called every single time. The ref said "defenseless receiver" but in reality it was the forearm to the head that brought the flag. It was (in my opinion) also a good call on the OPI on the catch by Bailey. Cant let loyalties cloud judgement. If you fully extend your arm into the DBs back in front of the ref it is going to usually get called. The penalties hurt the Rams but they have no one to blame but themselves. Teams will scheme PI into their routes using rubs and picks (see Denver, NE) but when a receiver is that blantant about it he cant be surprised when he gets called.
Except he DIDN'T hit him in the head. Watch the replay. And on the Bailey call, I watched that again too. You are right if that is what he did but he didn't actually initiate contact nor did he actually force the defender off so it was a bad call again. And the Givens non-call was BS as well. It doesn't matter if you do it by accident, you can't just fall in front of the receiver and trip him. Their feet didn't get tangled, he fell down and initiated contact. The non-call on Tavon was fine because the defender had position and even though he kept TA from getting to the ball and didn't turn around to look for the ball, he had established his lane. That being said, I've seen the Rams get called for PI doing the same exact thing. The call on Dunbar didn't bother me too much in that he should have held up. I thought it was a bit ticky tack because AGAIN, when you watch the replay, he doesn't actually hit Kaperdick in the head. But he does follow him to the ground and hit him on his way down. You're almost always going to get called for that even if you don't hit him like you meant to.

We didn't help ourselves much but I still think the refs screwed us and did it early.

A55VA6

Legend
1. Drops. Jared Cook continues to piss me off.
2. The penalties that weren't penalties: Tru hits a guy in the head with his elbow and that's a penalty? And the Bailey P.I... that WAS NOT pass interference.. it looked more like a little hand slap for grabbing a cookie right before dinner.
3. Clemens looked bad. Real bad at times.
4. WTF is up with the CB's? Why does Jenks line up close to the LOS but Tru lines up 10 yards off and back pedals with no help on the flat? Niners were licking their chops.
5. Fire Tim Walton. I feel like he's holding this defense back from it's true potential. Maybe I'm wrong.. idk.

I'll have to go re watch parts of the game to make sure I'm understanding things right.. I liked the effort by the players, just hate the results weren't there today.

duckhunter

Starter
All right I'm gonna rant some more.

This ticky tacky guess work on who interfered with who and what are they calling this week is BS. The game is in the hands of the refs. I'm tired of the league approved announcers saying they got it right when next week it is just the opposite. Hand slapping is OK, arm bars are not unless it's part of the hand slapping and extending the arms and pushing is a penalty unless the ref doesn't feel like calling it.

Same BS with offensive linemen holding. Oh it was legal holding within the framework not on the outside of the framework which is illegal.

We'd be better off just saying anything is fair game than say this is a game that is officiated fairly.

And it is not all that sophisticated and complicated as the talking heads like to make it.

While I'm at it, did I say that the commissioner is a pussy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Refs played a part early but really the team couldn't stop Anquan Boldin. But I was glad to see them limit the points by giving up 3s in the 1st half. Not even mad but the Rams seemed to let their emotions get the best of them,. On to next week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I'm at it, did I say that the commissioner is a wuss.

Not sure if you said the commissioner is a pussy or not. I'll have to refer back. But someone sure should punch him in the vagina.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm just depressed. Another season comes and goes without the playoffs. I always want the Rams to win but for the rest of this season, I almost want the coaching staff to experiment with different players and concepts and let the hair go with the hide. Find out about players like Pead, Bailey, Davis, etc. and look forward to next year.:disappoint:

duckhunter

Starter
He needs to run laps on that dumb ass play. Oh, I forgot their professionals and professionals don't run laps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He needs to run laps on that dumb ass play. Oh, I forgot their professionals and professionals don't run laps.

I want Fisher to show his hard ass self more too.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The obvious is the refs but I'm actually really irritated by two calls.

1) The fake punt. Sure, had Bailey got the ball it did look like he had a ton of room to run. BUT, you're down 10 points inside your own 20. IMO there is a time to gamble on plays and that was not it. If it doesn't work you're basically handing them a minumum 3 points. And they get 7.
2) Down 3 scores instead of getting sure points you got for it on 4th and 11? At that point KC had barely completed 8 or 9 passes the entire game. Why would you think we're suddenly going to execute a 4th and 11? You have to score 3 times, why not get something?

That's a 10 point swing. How many did we lose by? Oh yeah, 10 points.

I know we're not expecting a ton from Clemens, but in reality, he had quite a few drop backs with a ton of time to pass. He either overthrew or missed guys all day.
But of course drops again (WTF Givens?) didn't help him. I was hoping we'd win today but didn't expect it. But the fact not only did the refs give them a ton of breaks, but we also shot ourselves in the foot several times drives me nuts. This game could of been really close, even winnable.

I hate losing to this damn team more than any other. Freak.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh, and honorable mention for special teams not getting it done on the return game. Blocking was poor when it existed at all.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The obvious is the refs but I'm actually really irritated by two calls.

1) The fake punt. Sure, had Bailey got the ball it did look like he had a ton of room to run. BUT, you're down 10 points inside your own 20. IMO there is a time to gamble on plays and that was not it. If it doesn't work you're basically handing them a minumum 3 points. And they get 7.
2) Down 3 scores instead of getting sure points you got for it on 4th and 11? At that point KC had barely completed 8 or 9 passes the entire game. Why would you think we're suddenly going to execute a 4th and 11? You have to score 3 times, why not get something?

That's a 10 point swing. How many did we lose by? Oh yeah, 10 points.

I know we're not expecting a ton from Clemens, but in reality, he had quite of few drop backs with a ton of time to pass. He either overthrew or missed guys all day.
But of course drops again (WTF Givens?) didn't help him. I wasn hoping we'd win today but didn't expect it. But the fact not only did the refs give them a ton of breaks, but we also shot ourselves in the foot several times drives me nuts. This game could of been really close, even winnable.

I had losing to this damn team more than any other. Freak.

Yeah, the fake punt call was just horrible. That assclown call sealed the game.

Na, let's not get TA the ball in the open field all day, let's not let him run, don't have a half dozen trick plays to try if we get behind, let's give the game away with over 14 minutes left. If I were prone to believing anyone would tank a game for a draft pick, I would call that play.

duckhunter

Starter
I want Fisher to show his hard ass self more too.

I'm beginning to think the only time Fisher is a hard ass is when he talks with reporters and other asskissers.

Here's my unprofessional list of questions to Fisher after the game:

I saw a few dropped balls how about you?

How many?

How many drives were stopped because of dropped balls?

We've had problems in other games with this before haven't we?

When did we first have problems with dropped balls?

Did the kids have problems with dropped balls in college?

When did you personally start noticing dropped balls?

What has the coaches done to teach technique of catching?

What else can the coaching do about dropped balls?

I expect more of the same. It's OK to drop as many balls as you want on this WR corp. The effing coaches ain't gonna do anything?

duckhunter

Starter
Oh, Yeah. What's all this cookie, sweetie, poopsie, and tootsie shyte that I hear spilling out of Rams coaches and players?

It's like screeching chalk on the effing chalkboard to hear your head coach use such language.

fearsomefour

Legend
Except he DIDN'T hit him in the head. Watch the replay. And on the Bailey call, I watched that again too. You are right if that is what he did but he didn't actually initiate contact nor did he actually force the defender off so it was a bad call again. And the Givens non-call was BS as well. It doesn't matter if you do it by accident, you can't just fall in front of the receiver and trip him. Their feet didn't get tangled, he fell down and initiated contact. The non-call on Tavon was fine because the defender had position and even though he kept TA from getting to the ball and didn't turn around to look for the ball, he had established his lane. That being said, I've seen the Rams get called for PI doing the same exact thing. The call on Dunbar didn't bother me too much in that he should have held up. I thought it was a bit ticky tack because AGAIN, when you watch the replay, he doesn't actually hit Kaperdick in the head. But he does follow him to the ground and hit him on his way down. You're almost always going to get called for that even if you don't hit him like you meant to.

We didn't help ourselves much but I still think the refs screwed us and did it early.

The call on Dunbar bothered me a lot more because he did not make contact with his head at all….really it was like he just touched his jersey. That is a ref anticipting a hit that didnt happen. I cant agree with you on the call on the Boldin hit. I dont think it was an intential thing but having watched it 3 or 4 times I see him hitting him in the helmet….again, not GOING for his head and Boldin was moving, so, I dont like the call but it is going to get called.
I agree with you both the non call with Givens and TA.
But either way this is a sloppy team and this plays right into it. Kap has had four good passing games. GB, Wash and St. Louis twice. Our pass D blows plain and simple.
Washington lost, thats good.