The Official Rams vs. Cowboys Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We are, without doubt, the dumbest fucking team in football. Week in, week out, every game I become more convinced of this.

I don't have a problem with Fisher's 4 and 1 call. We were manhandling them at the LOS. If this team wants to win they get push on 4 and short. We did not. We shoved it right in their face all the way down the field and then half ass the most important play. Fisher finally makes a call like he wants to be aggressive and actually play for the win and they respond like chumps.

No OC excuses this week.

Our Dline is half the unit they were last year. They are great at stopping the run...half the time. They get pressure on the QB...half of the time.

Almost every single sack or hit on the QB we've had this year has resulted in a huge drive sustaining penalty for the other team. Combine that with the other calls, and I think that's about 4 drives this year the refs have given the other team in important situations. And yet, somehow someway, our QB has not had a single hand glance his helmet or been touched a half step late. Why it's just a NFL miracle.

I'm tired of the refs cracking down on incidental DB/WR contact and allowing rampant holding by the OL from both teams.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
We are, without doubt, the dumbest freaking team in football. Week in, week out, every game I become more convinced of this.

I don't have a problem with Fisher's 4 and 1 call. We were manhandling them at the LOS. If this team wants to win they get push on 4 and short. We did not. We shoved it right in their face all the way down the field and then half ass the most important play. Fisher finally makes a call like he wants to be aggressive and actually play for the win and they respond like chumps.

No OC excuses this week.

Our Dline is half the unit they were last year. They are great at stopping the run...half the time. They get pressure on the QB...half of the time.

Almost every single sack or hit on the QB we've had this year has resulted in a huge drive sustaining penalty for the other team. Combine that with the other calls, and I think that's about 4 drives this year the refs have given the other team in important situations. And yet, somehow someway, our QB has not had a single hand glance his helmet or been touched a half step late. Why it's just a NFL miracle.

I'm tired of the refs cracking down on incidental DB/WR contact and allowing rampant holding by the OL from both teams.

Ughhh....

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The only thing worse than having to watch my team blow a 21 point lead by playing bad defense, and some help by the refs, is having to read other Rams fans complain about the game afterwards. I guess I should just stay off the message boards after a loss. I'm not happy with the play today either.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I want a team that wins. Period. There are no trophies for trying hard, or coming close.

I find it interesting that you don't mention our (lack of) defense. Austin Davis has shown he is a capable backup QB. The offense wasn't the issue today. Our pathetic, overrated and overpaid defense is the problem.

The next 5 games will be interesting, starting with Philly.

You wanna know my opinion on the defense? I thought, despite giving up some bad plays played decent. And when they had to make a play, they did but thee refs had none of it. I'm sticking with that.

Yeah I know they don't get trophies. That's not my freaking point. I'm not satisfied they lost. I am satisfied they were still in position to win despite all the issues. As a fan, that gives me confidence going forward.

paceram

Pro Bowler
DAL has one of the best OL's in the league. Tyron Smith did his thing with Quinn, again. Romo had all day to throw.

But honestly, Rams played damn good.

Losing to the Cowboys by 3 points is nothing to be embarrassed about EXCEPT that the Rams had a 21-0 lead (Now, in my personal opinion, that is something to be embarrassed about!) and Lost!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watching the SNF game. Decided to turn it off.
Guess why?

"Great play! But hold on.......there's a flag on the play..."

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I didn't have any problem with them going on 4th and one but I did have a problem with the play called. And if you are going to run for short yardage when the whole world knows that you are going to run put GRob in for Joesph as he is almost useless.

Also I told my son that when they went up by 21 in the first half to just watch the officials make sure that the Cowboys got back into the game. And they did!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Losing to the Cowboys by 3 points is nothing to be embarrassed about EXCEPT that the Rams had a 21-0 lead (Now, in my personal opinion, that is something to be embarrassed about!) and Lost!

IDK, had so much fun at the game that the loss doesn't really bother me.

Something that bothers me is Fisher isn't sticking with Davis, of whom gets better with every game.

This team doesn't know how to finish, I think it's something they can grow into. I don't know if we win more than 6 games.

Oh, and I love the dome. It's great and I don't want a new stadium. Nothing wrong with it...

ShaneFalco

can i vent here about the Den Seattle game as well?

Freaking refs let seattle line up offsides most of the game.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
You know After watching the Rams build a 21 point lead, I thought me picking the Cowboys on 'pick em' would be HAPPILY wrong.........
My bad..........I'm just almost worn out. I've been a Rams fan since 1970.....and I have to say that these long dry spells are wearing me out.

Rambition

Rookie
As good as we looked in the beginning, it made it feel so much worse when we Lost!
that's why i can honestly say that, if the rams are going to lose, i'd rather they lost by a "comfortable" margin, rather than the way they ended up losing today. it tends to crush one's soul--and that applies to the players as well as the fans, more often than not.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I take my hat off to all of us who are all still standing as Rams fans after this decade of torture. Losses always hurt, but the truly disheartening thoughts I harbour with this team are not as the result of a single loss. Yes it was maddening to fuck up a 21 point lead, but the state of this franchise heading forward is grim at the moment.

I have never been a fan of Fisher. Nothing personal. He seems like a great guy and a coach players get on with and respect. My problem has always been with the bottom line - his mediocre career record.

His drafts and frivolous free agency acquisitions have strengthened that opinion. The 2013 draft still irks me. Not necessarily because of the players...Austin and Ogletree are not bad players, but are they first round talent? And did we really need to trade up to No. 8 to grab a WR we did not know how to utilise and did not have the offense to suit him. Instead, Jeffs initial vision of a passing attack fucked up so much that we had to rely on our LAST draft pick of that year to be our go to guy. This years draft is also not off to a great start. Of the first 4 players taken, the two Auburn fellas can't see the field, Lamarcus is struggling, but at least Donald is looking good. I know it is extremely early days and I'm sure/hope they will all greatly improve, but bad teams need impact from their early round chosen ones.

The O-Line has been a weak spot on this team since Fisher got here and instead of addressing this through the draft, we splashed out on two injury plagued vets (which now play alongside two further injury prone players in Saffold and Joseph) and have yet to draft a SINGLE starter over THREE friggin years of Snisher drafting.

Good coaches would have capitalised significantly from the RGIII trade. Instead, I am sure the supposed losers of that trade (sans the man they sold the ranch for) would have its way with us as it stands now.

This team has its fair share of talent, but it does not seem to mesh with the coaching? Or it can not over come the talent void at other positions? I dunno. All I know, is I feel like my Ram fandom has been stuck in a sickly deja vu for many a year now.

The only hope I cling to is the reverse of fortunes I have seen with a handful of poor teams over the last few years. I am just not sure we have the right men in place at the top to deliver this.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
How can you lose a game when you have a 21 point lead? This loss is on Greg Williams. I think he tried to get too cute and show how smart he is. In the end he just looked inept. A couple of calls went against the Rams that I didn't agree with, but the D left this game on the field.

Philly5

Rookie
Same old, same old for the defense. They look good for two downs, get the other team where they want, and then blown assignment or penalty. First down. Do we ever get a stop when clinging to a late lead? Always feels like the other team could drive the length of 10 football fields in those situations. For all the athletes we have it sure is odd that one of them can't step and make a play in that situation. Tony stinkin Romo runs for 15 yards on 3rd and 13? Try that against Seattle and three guys would take his head off.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I tend to agree with you there, though they are rookies.

I don't understand why on 4th and inches you don't but G. Robinson in there and just bulldoze your way to a first down. I realize he has pass protection issues, but that guy can move a defensive lineman off the LOS.