The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I keep coming here for information about AD coming to his senses....Everything has been consolidated here, but I bet the poster with actual new news about AD won't post it here..lol. I'd almost bet on it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haynesworth didnt make Washington a winner.
Suh didnt make Detroit a winner
Richardson didnt make the Jets a winner.
NGata didnt make the Lions a winner
Corey Luiget hasnt made the Chargers a winner

Overpaid? Yessir, thier impact is greatly distorted. I dont believe Aaron Donalds impact is distorted as far as our team goes. But the above list didnt seem to impact thier teams greatly enough to turn them into winners.

Richardson will be hard to judge on the left coast, since the Seahawks were winning before his aquisition.

Suh helped Miami and Detroit both win in ways they weren't before he joined the team. Richardson isn't an elite player. Ngata was old and declining when he went to the Detroit. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with him. Liuget isn't an elite player (or even a very good player). Haynesworth gave no effort in Washington.

Donald isn't going to make the Rams win by himself, but he certainly has a major impact on this team. We all know because we all watch the games.

Marshall Faulk didn't make Indianapolis a winner. But you aren't about to convince me that he didn't have a MASSIVE impact here and in Indy.

To assume THAT, is to say the Rams are sneaky and calculating and manipulating...and that is way over the top in my opinion.

I do assume that, and I hope it's true. The Rams need to be sneaky, calculating, and manipulative when negotiating.

How do we know they did? It might be a case of loose lips. A lot of that going around these days in high places.

We don't know. But with how seriously these people take their jobs, I don't see loose lips being an issue. How many people beyond Demoff, Snead, and Kroenke are going to be privy to the Donald negotiations? Maybe McVay and Wade. Beyond that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I keep coming here for information about AD coming to his senses....Everything has been consolidated here, but I bet the poster with actual new news about AD won't post it here..lol. I'd almost bet on it.

We're still in a holding pattern. If there's any news, you'll know. It'll be reported everywhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're still in a holding pattern. If there's any news, you'll know. It'll be reported everywhere.
My point is that the glory (for lack of a better word) of posting real news about AD will be too much to resist in being first. They won't post it as post # 1100ish on this long thread...lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is that the glory (for lack of a better word) of posting real news about AD will be too much to resist in being first. They won't post it as post # 1100ish on this long thread...lol

Don't worry. @Prime Time will merge the thread and strip that poster of his attempt at glory.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.webp

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Don't worry. @Prime Time will merge the thread and strip that poster of his attempt at glory.

Prime Time = Killjoy!

images

Here I was innocently watching Netflix and minding my own business when my ears began to burn. Sure enough...:mrburns:

My prediction, if anything changes in this soap opera, is that a dozen members will post the same exact news on Aaron Donald and one of us mods will merge into another super thread. Blaming me eh? Well I'm not the one who merged this one.

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
images

Here I was innocently watching Netflix and minding my own business when my ears began to burn. Sure enough...:mrburns:

My prediction, if anything changes in this soap opera, is that a dozen members will post the same exact news on Aaron Donald and one of us mods will merge into another super thread. Blaming me eh? Well I'm not the one who merged this one.

giphy.gif
:boxing:
7K9QyK6.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If I'm the Rams and we win this weekend, I'm telling Agent France that guaranteed money in the last offer will decrease by $500k every 24 hours starting now.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I am deeply concerned about our lack of conviction as fans. I mean, seriously. Have we forgotten so quickly what was so important? Are we willing to abandon the things we hold dear for ease and comfort?

A couple posts ago people were using #questfor100

What happened? I, for one, hope we finish the quest. Why, because with AD unsigned we need some success around and The Quest will give it to us.

#questfor100

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
A man opens his door and finds a snail on his front porch.
He picks it up and throws it across the street.
A year later the man opens his door and finds the same snail on his front porch.
The snail looks up and says, "What the fuck was *that* all about?"

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
A year later the man opens his door and finds the same snail on his front porch.
The snail looks up and says, "What the freak was *that* all about?"

Classic!

tempests

Hall of Fame
If I'm the Rams and we win this weekend, I'm telling Agent France that guaranteed money in the last offer will decrease by $500k every 24 hours starting now.

I had that same reaction as a fan, but objectively that would put the kibosh on any productive dialogue. Donald has played his last game as a Ram at that point.

tempests

Hall of Fame
IMO the Rams accommodation of Donald and determination not to step on his toes really burned us. It's too late now, but they really should've set a deadline at the start of training camp and simply told Donald's camp that there will be no further negotiations once the season starts. They can either accept our offer, reject the offer and simply play under his rookie contract (and revisit next offseason), or sit the whole year out. But by week 1, a decision needs to be made. Firm, but tough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The snail looks up and says, "What the freak was *that* all about?"