Tavon Austin - Rookie Profile (5:26)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[stl]d1b07ea7-dd1a-4cfe-9af7-8d8f92a38514[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Tavon-Austin-Rookie-Profile/d1b07ea7-dd1a-4cfe-9af7-8d8f92a38514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 8f92a38514</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was AWESOME. I didn't want it to end.

I love this pick.

I can't wait to see this team on the field!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That sounded pretty good in my headphones.

Now let's get it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I honestly can't remember a player drafted by the Rams since ED that I was so impatient to see him hit the field as this kid. I was excited about Sam, Chris, SJ, Pace, but this kid is an enigma to me. His size scares me a bit but in reality, he's pretty tough and is hard to hit. I just can't wait to see him in the open field. That vision he has is uncanny.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
I honestly can't remember a player drafted by the Rams since ED that I was so impatient to see him hit the field as this kid. I was excited about Sam, Chris, SJ, Pace, but this kid is an enigma to me. His size scares me a bit but in reality, he's pretty tough and is hard to hit. I just can't wait to see him in the open field. That vision he has is uncanny.
I tried to figure out who the most recent guy was that I wanted to see out there (besides Bradford), and believe it or not it was Lawrence Phillips. I thought he was gonna be a straight up beast for us when they drafted him, and I couldn't wait to see him out there tearing it up. He didn't disappoint, scoring 2 TDs in the first game of the season (home opener).

And then he didn't do SHIT for the rest of the year. 2 more TD's over the next 15 games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:

I haven't been this excited since Bradford. Prior to him; Holt.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's been since Holt for me.

I'm a Seminole Fan, so I had seen Torry light-up the Noles for a number of years. I had no doubt that he was a special player.

I feel the same way about our new #11.

I don't think I'll ever be as amped-up about a rookie as I was for ED2105. Hope that turns out to be wrong though,,, can't wait for that one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
I tried to figure out who the most recent guy was that I wanted to see out there (besides Bradford), and believe it or not it was Lawrence Phillips. I thought he was gonna be a straight up beast for us when they drafted him, and I couldn't wait to see him out there tearing it up. He didn't disappoint, scoring 2 TDs in the first game of the season (home opener).

And then he didn't do SHIT for the rest of the year. 2 more TD's over the next 15 games.

Gotta REALLY disagree here. I always had concerns about Phillips. He was one of those talented punks who thought he was above morality and the law. I was actually disgusted by the whole thing. I had high hopes for Rich Brooks as a coach coming out of Oregon but I really felt embarrassed by that pick. Then to just piss me off even more, they traded away Jerome. Really? I almost looked for a new team at that point. The Rams had just left for St Louis and I kept with them. Then they did that. I'm STILL pissed!

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I have to say I haven't never been too amped to see any a rams player. Whoever we drafted I just rolled with it. But Austin is another story. The first time I heard of him was on this board, someone posted a highlight vid and I was like WOW. I hope he is everything.g I think he is gonna be!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I was pumped up about the Bradford pick, and when we got him, (thanks Spags for sucking) I was excited.

But I'm just as excited about Tavon, this kid can score from anywhere on the field. He's still faster than almost anyone in the NFL, and it will be a blast to watch him.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
I agree. But watching the tape he seems to know how not to get hit, which I think will help him avoid injuries.

I also believe that if he was 6 feet or taller he would have been the #1 overall pick

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
But watching the tape he seems to know how not to get hit, which I think will help him avoid injuries.

Well at least he knows how to deal with college players, but now he's playing against the big boys who understand angles and coverages a bit better than college kids.

For my part, I hope he makes it through at least 3 seasons unscathed. If they over use him (which I think will be the tendency) early on, all bets are off. This kid has special skills as we're all aware, but I also worry about his lower body (knees and ankles). :neh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HE WITH HORNS said:
I was pumped up about the Bradford pick, and when we got him, (thanks Spags for sucking) I was excited.

But I'm just as excited about Tavon, this kid can score from anywhere on the field. He's still faster than almost anyone in the NFL, and it will be a blast to watch him.

Same here. I just can't wait to see this team play!

nighttrain

Legend
ramsince62 said:
But watching the tape he seems to know how not to get hit, which I think will help him avoid injuries.

Well at least he knows how to deal with college players, but now he's playing against the big boys who understand angles and coverages a bit better than college kids.

For my part, I hope he makes it through at least 3 seasons unscathed. If they over use him (which I think will be the tendency) early on, all bets are off. This kid has special skills as we're all aware, but I also worry about his lower body (knees and ankles). :neh:
Same goes for every player in the NFL, they all have knees and ankles. Career can end with one hit.

The Not For Long League
train