Survey: How Confident Are You in Les and Fish?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Not wanting to start a negative thread but I am curious to discover whether or not Ram fans are beginning to doubt that Les and Fish can transform the Rams into a winning franchise? It's been 4 years and even though Les and Fish came onboard a sunken ship, they have had 4 drafts, 4 free agency periods, and 4 seasons to get the Rams into the playoffs and to break the string of non-winning seasons.

Some folks just aren't very good at their job. The Rams are ranked near the bottom of the power rankings falling two slots lower after the free agency period concluded last week. The defense doesn't look much better on paper and after being excited about Foles in 2015, enthusiasm for a Case Keenum led offense is hard to muster a sfar as this fan is concerned.

The run-centric mania of Fisher coupled with he and Les' failure to acquire a QB and put an offense on the field that's not an embarrassment leaves this lifelong fan quite pessimistic about their ability to put a championship contending product on the field.

So how confident are you Snisher, Les and Jeff, will get the Rams into the playoffs and beyond in 2016? 2017?

Go Rams!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that Power Ranking is BS...The offseason isn't complete until after the draft and after acquiring UDFA's...Expensive FA's are eye candy, and there are other concerns like future FA's and locking them down (Brockers, for instance). I like Snead. He has guts and is willing to make a move if he and Fish thinks its a good idea. Hell, he picked a RB out of Georgia last year with the 10th pick, when all the talking heads kept droning on about how the RB position was devalued (especially an injured one), and now you don't hear those guys too much. They Snead isn't on an island and confers and is in agreement with Fish, so its possible he's fired if Fisher is after a bad season...it's that kind of business, unfortunately

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Should have added a poll. Then it would be a survey. I'm confident in Les and Jeff in regards to dominating the draft. Aside from that, not so much. I'm confident more so in Les and Demoff, than I am Fisher. As his style of football isn't doing much for us. If they go out and get a Goff or Wentz, then I'll be much more confident.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hey, Santa Monica. I went to Samohi! Go Vikings.

Wait...that didn't come out right... Vikings was my HS mascot... anyway...Welcome, Point After.

I have faith in them.

I just wish I had the foggiest idea where we were headed. I'm so lost.

I'm beginning to understand how my wife feels (she's "directionally challenged"). I rarely get lost and so this...feeling...is really unfamiliar.

I don't like it!

make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I typed up a bunch of shit then I just said fuck it and deleted it lol.

Yes, I have faith. Just get Goff or Wentz, Fisher/Les. please!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Should have added a poll. Then it would be a survey. I'm confident in Les and Jeff in regards to dominating the draft. Aside from that, not so much. I'm confident more so in Les and Demoff, than I am Fisher. As his style of football isn't doing much for us. If they go out and get a Goff or Wentz, then I'll be much more confident.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

100% with you on this, feel the exact same.

Psycho_X

Legend
After twelve years of this s*** someone needs to prove it to me at this point. And Snisher has failed so far. I'm not even sure a good QB wouldn't just be wasted in our offense at this point. I will say that I'm happy a change was made at OC the end of last year but once again it needs proven to me that it'll make a difference in the long run.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not wanting to start a negative thread but
FkznIjc.jpg

The Rams are ranked near the bottom of the power rankings falling two slots lower after the free agency period concluded last week.
NXDPluo.jpg

The run-centric mania of Fisher coupled with he and Les' failure to acquire a QB and put an offense on the field that's not an embarrassment leaves this lifelong fan quite pessimistic about their ability to put a championship contending product on the field.

So how confident are you Snisher, Les and Jeff, will get the Rams into the playoffs and beyond in 2016? 2017?
Well, it's not a run-centric "mania". It's his team philosophy, period. It's been a solid philosophy for decades upon decades, and it's what teams rely on once they get into the playoffs and beyond. You can't win without a solid defense and the ability to run the ball in January, for the most part. With that said, my only concern is GETTING into the playoffs with that philosophy. Because, you know, offense gets you to the playoffs and defense wins Championships.

Fisher forces opponents to beat his team, while not allowing his team to beat itself. The front 7 is the gauntlet opponents have to run in order to win. And by keeping his offense on the ground and eating clock, he gives his team a chance to make a play here and there to win in the 4th quarter if necessary. In the NFL, if you routinely keep games close into the final quarter, you always have a chance to outwit or outmaneuver your opponent and get the lead. Then you sit on that lead with a guy like Gurley (remember his kneel down to run the clock out instead of trying to score?). That's what he wants on a consistent basis.

And as offensive as it may sound to everyone else, Fisher views the QB as just a piece in the puzzle. If the QB doesn't assist the team in beating itself, then he can rely on defense, special teams, and the ground game to keep the game always within reach. Call it outdated, ancient, prehistoric, or whatever ... it's still the philosophy and we're stuck with it as long as he's Head Coach. Our only saving grace is that Snead understands the importance of offense and the importance of playmakers on offense. He was instrumental in bringing in Julio Jones over at Atlanta, so I'm hoping he's instrumental in upgrading the receiver position this time around. OR, he's had enough with the whole "QB is just a piece" philosophy and wants to get a QB who can quickly play catch-up if the defense doesn't do its part in quarters 1-3. And I think he's about there on one front or the other, so we'll see a big move to upgrade the offense in this draft at one position or the other - because they were interested in neither in free agency.

The TL;DR version? Yes, I have confidence in them to add the one or two missing pieces on offense to fully realize Fisher's vision.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, it's not a run-centric "mania". It's his team philosophy, period. It's been a solid philosophy for decades upon decades, and it's what teams rely on once they get into the playoffs and beyond. You can't win without a solid defense and the ability to run the ball in January, for the most part. With that said, my only concern is GETTING into the playoffs with that philosophy. Because, you know, offense gets you to the playoffs and defense wins Championships.

"Mania" is what you get from fans when you run the ball and lose. If you run the ball and win like the Seahawks, who are the most run-centric team in the league, you're in the clear.

Back to Fish and Snead, though, I love how this roster is being constructed. It is very deep at almost every position. So for now I am confident in them, but my expectation is that they bring in more talent at QB, WR, and TE to get this offense right.

The QB doesn't need to play this season, but they need to draft him. The WR and TE need to have good hands and be guys who will help quickly, however. Can they do that? I don't see why not.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not wanting to start a negative thread but I am curious to discover whether or not Ram fans are beginning to doubt that Les and Fish can transform the Rams into a winning franchise? It's been 4 years and even though Les and Fish came onboard a sunken ship, they have had 4 drafts, 4 free agency periods, and 4 seasons to get the Rams into the playoffs and to break the string of non-winning seasons.

Some folks just aren't very good at their job. The Rams are ranked near the bottom of the power rankings falling two slots lower after the free agency period concluded last week. The defense doesn't look much better on paper and after being excited about Foles in 2015, enthusiasm for a Case Keenum led offense is hard to muster a sfar as this fan is concerned.

Go Rams!
Welcome Aboard! Nice question. But to put it as simply as I can. Snisher, Les and Jeff, have done a great job Drafting! And if you compare their work with, say the re-building of the Cleveland Brown, after the team was High-Jacked to Baltimore, they are doing just fine!
I have been a Rams Fan for many, many years. and I have nothing but the most confidence in "SNISHER!"

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Very confident in Snead and Demoff. I'm 50/50 on Fisher. Hes got a great eye for defensive talent and great with coaching that side of the ball but he has no idea how to put together or run a modern NFL offense. If he would just hire a great offensive mind and stay the hell out of the way I think everything would be great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Mania" is what you get from fans when you run the ball and lose. If you run the ball and win like the Seahawks, who are the most run-centric team in the league, you're in the clear.

Back to Fish and Snead, though, I love how this roster is being constructed. It is very deep at almost every position. So for now I am confident in them, but my expectation is that they bring in more talent at QB, WR, and TE to get this offense right.

The QB doesn't need to play this season, but they need to draft him. The WR and TE need to have good hands and be guys who will help quickly, however. Can they do that? I don't see why not.
giphy.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"Not wanting to start a negative thread"

I'm calling bullshit

I'm confident that the Rams front office and head coach make a good team who has drafted and developed talent and they have not been afraid to make changes in the staff and payers to continue bringing this franchise to one we can be proud to watch and know they will compete every game.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm confident they will keep a tough feisty defense and a boring ground control offense.

But, if we were in another division, and didn't play the toughest schedule every single year, thenwe might actually have a chance at making the playoffs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm more confident in Snead than I am in Fisher. I think Fisher is an outstanding coach, his philosophy is just out of date offensively. If he adapted I think he would do well, otherwise I think of him like Terry Murray, the former coach of the Kings. Calm, collected, and great and teaching the basics. Then a more aggressive coach will make them into contenders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm more confident in Snead than I am in Fisher. I think Fisher is an outstanding coach, his philosophy is just out of date offensively.
I agree with this -- kinda. I do think that while his philosophy is a bit on the antiquated side, I do think he's flexible and not so rigid about changing it up on offense. He did sign on to Schottenheimer's desire to install a bit of a spread offense early in 2013 to make up for a lack of a run game instead of insisting that we try to run it anyway. The reason that didn't work is because we were woefully lacking in playmaking receivers to fit that kind of a quick-strike offense, and the line wasn't really quick to adjust to it. I think that if Snead drops one of the top QBs in his lap, and couples him with one of the better receivers in the draft, that he and Boras will find a way to expand the offense. And I think he'd be open to that. You can see flashes of that big-play ability in the passing game on occasion, but again ... the whole receivers thing is kinda standing in the way.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LOL.....but you started one anyway...and guess what? it's all right....

I have faith....but it is waning.....

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Yes, I have faith in our guys. If you don't realize how much better our team is now as compared to a few years ago, then you have absolutely no understanding of football.

I wish the draft would hurry up and get here so stupid f'in posts like this would stop.

Anytime someone puts "snisher" in a post I know they're a troll/idiot/hater and I want to punch them in the face.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Mania" is what you get from fans when you run the ball and lose. If you run the ball and win like the Seahawks, who are the most run-centric team in the league, you're in the clear
Might help that the QB of that team accounts for over 30 Td per year. I think it's less about the "run centric" as it is scoring capable.

Confidence in Snead and Fisher!? Heck yeah. Completely confident that they'll build a stout D and good running game.
Confident they can score 24ppg?
Well not so much.
But it's Fisher 2nd year without Bradford so no excuses needed