Subway Pastrami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just got one of the Subway Pastrami substoday for lunch. It was pricey compared to their other offerings but I had to try it. The first bite was fantastic but then I hit the mustard. The suggested way to eat it is with Swiss, mustard and pickles. It is a great combination but if anyone decides to get it tell the sandwich maker to go easy on the mustard. They put way too much on and that was all I could taste.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Man, when it comes to Subway, I like the steak and cheese on a twelve-inch honey oat loaf with layers upon layers of tomatoes as toppings. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, when it comes to Subway, I like the steak and cheese on a twelve-inch honey oat loaf with layers upon layers of tomatoes as toppings. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Sounds good to me.

My usual is a Subway club with lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives, mayo, and Shakers....oil too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sounds good to me.

My usual is a Subway club with lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives, mayo, and Shakers....oil too.

Sounds like an awesome club...and much less expensive than my steak and cheese. :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I eat at Subway a fair amount. Had a friend that owned one so that was kind of our go to place if out at lunch time. I generally go for the BMT with jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, pepperoncinis, and spinach - no lettuce. I'm a big pastrami fan but I've ordered Subway's twice and both times it was extra fatty and stringy. Not good IMO. But I'm sure that is different in other areas - or at least I hope so.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I eat at Subway a fair amount. Had a friend that owned one so that was kind of our go to place if out at lunch time. I generally go for the BMT with jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, pepperoncinis, and spinach - no lettuce. I'm a big pastrami fan but I've ordered Subway's twice and both times it was extra fatty and stringy. Not good IMO. But I'm sure that is different in other areas - or at least I hope so.

No, mine was a bit fattier Han I would prefer too. It wasn't the same pastrami tht they showed on the commercial. I will use that recipe to make my own though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My subway sub is a turkey... key ingredients are - 4 man sized handfuls of banana peppers (so that means a real shit load), Extra tomato, Extra jalapeno, green pepper, black olive, and a shit load of sriracha sauce on top.

Not been to Subway since I was at university, my go to back then was the simple meat ball on a white sub, nothing else.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Before last July, it was year since I ate at Subway.

My go to fast food sandwich place is now Jersey Mikes. The bread is softer, you can actually taste the cheese, and they put a blend of red vinegar and herbs to give a kick. It becomes really messy with all the wetness.

It's a messy fun time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Before last July, it was year since I ate at Subway.

My go to fast food sandwich place is now Jersey Mikes. The bread is softer, you can actually taste the cheese, and they put a blend of red vinegar and herbs to give a kick. It becomes really messy with all the wetness.

It's a messy fun time.
Jersey Mikes is the shit. Their cheesesteak are awesome. Have one every couple weeks usually.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I never heard of Jersey Mikes. I like OIP. They make their own bread. I had some great sandwiches in NYC before but Cntral PA is lacking in fine dining. The Danville Sub Shop is the hot spot. I don't know why people like it so much. It smells like an armpit when I drive by.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I usually have a Meatball Marinara. I also like the Big Steak and the BLT sandwiches.

The secret with Subway is to have them add a little red wine vinegar. It gives the sandwiches tang.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My subway sub is a turkey... key ingredients are - 4 man sized handfuls of banana peppers (so that means a real crap load), Extra tomato, Extra jalapeno, green pepper, black olive, and a crap load of sriracha sauce on top.

Damn, that's got to be a hot/spicy combo.

I am addicted to Sriracha! My favorite is Sky Valley from Costco. It's hot, but not flaming... You can load it on thick!

91dhkuT5qoL._SY679_.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My subway sub is a turkey... key ingredients are - 4 man sized handfuls of banana peppers (so that means a real crap load), Extra tomato, Extra jalapeno, green pepper, black olive, and a crap load of sriracha sauce on top.
So what you're sayin' is the turkey is there for texture - right? You can't actually taste it can you?

My boys are addicted to Srirachia. We always have a back-up bottle on hand. That stuff is like ketchup around our place.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That'll build a turd.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damn, that's got to be a hot/spicy combo.

I am addicted to Sriracha! My favorite is Sky Valley from Costco. It's hot, but not flaming... You can load it on thick!

91dhkuT5qoL._SY679_.jpg

Sriracha sauce is my baby, put it on almost everything. so damn good. Haven't tried sky valley, might give it a whirl next time at costo, but since im running low on my current bottle will probably just grab some huyfong from the publix close by.

@Angry Ram , you ever have the pastrami sub from jersey mikes? been thinking about trying it next time i go.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sriracha sauce is my baby, put it on almost everything. so damn good. Haven't tried sky valley, might give it a whirl next time at costo, but since im running low on my current bottle will probably just grab some huyfong from the publix close by.

@Angry Ram , you ever have the pastrami sub from jersey mikes? been thinking about trying it next time i go.

Nah, being a veggie my options are very limited. So I'm thankful for their veggie sandwich.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That'll build a turd.

I shouldn't be surprised... Ya sick bastard. Hahahaha

Btw... my metabolism is pretty good. A sub really has no real time to "build" with me. 3+ Quality shits per day here Brudda. Just thought you'd like to know. :snicker: