Stacy Record Yards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not sure you can lay an egg with 5th round selections, you're essentially guessing at that point, if you get a Stacy awesome, if you get a Watkins then so be it, what Stacy makes up for is Pead.

The problem with Watkins wasn't ability it was laziness about working out and remember he had a one game suspension. On the surface the pick should have been decent because he could have been a good rotation player. Instead he couldn't push himself away from the dinner table or the bong. And he may not have noticed the two were a bad combination.

It's hard to blame a coach when a player just decides not to put in any effort.

You ROD'mers have a good point butt-monkey here...these third day draft selections is where true strength & value can be added to the team ...HC's & GM's separate themselves from the rest with hits in these third day picks later picks! kicker Greg Zuerlein WR Chris Givens & Zac Stacy jury still out on Barrett Jones, Daryl Richardson & Brandon McGee. Maybe I am too rough on Fisher & Snead?? You think?

You ROD'mers have a good point butt-monkey here...these third day draft selections is where true strength & value can be added to the team ...HC's & GM's separate themselves from the rest with hits in these third day picks later picks! kicker Greg Zuerlein WR Chris Givens & Zac Stacy jury still out on Barrett Jones, Daryl Richardson & Brandon McGee. Maybe I am too rough on Fisher & Snead?? You think?

I think you have to factor in UDFAs as well, so Cunningham, Barnes, Mcleod, Harkey, Conrath etc have to be factored in. And whilst neither a draft pick nor one of our UDFAs guys like Barksdale should also count.

Maybe I'm being too light on them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I think the difference in talent evaluation is going to show up in the second and third rounds. After that there is a one out of seven chance the guy selected is even in the NFL three years later.

GMs make their bones with the first and second round picks. The guys who miss there don't last, it isn't the guys who find talent later that are great. It's the guys who find it and select it BEFORE the other guys have a chance to.

Google Hall of Famers by draft round or pro bowlers by draft round and you'll see what I mean. You have to strike early.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think the difference in talent evaluation is going to show up in the second and third rounds. After that there is a one out of seven chance the guy selected is even in the NFL three years later.

GMs make their bones with the first and second round picks. The guys who miss there don't last, it isn't the guys who find talent later that are great. It's the guys who find it and select it BEFORE the other guys have a chance to.

Google Hall of Famers by draft round or pro bowlers by draft round and you'll see what I mean. You have to strike early.

Early bird gets the worm?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They just need to run him outside. D-Rich up the middle is no good.
The problem is that you can't afford to have a guy that can only do one thing on the field. It didn't take long for DCs to figure out that he is only good outside just like those here. We need better than that and I'm still hopeful that Pead with show up or they will replace DR and Pead with someone else who can do the job.

As for not being impressed with SJ39, the career rushing leader 8 years in a row of 1000+ on shitty teams and putting blitsing LBs on their butts in blitz pick up. Man you guys are a tough crowd.

From last year:

Steven Jackson crossed the 10,000-yard threshold for his career. He’s the 27th NFL player to cross into five-figure territory.

With 91 yards, Jackson will become the sixth player to rush for 1,000 yards in eight straight seasons, joining Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, and LaDainian Tomlinson.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
You're crazy!

How's your new video coming?
Leave it to you...

It's comin along great man...thing is I have almost a seasons worth of stuff to use...it's taking me a minute to sift through it all!

Alan

Legend
My final take on this is that RB, K and P should be the last places we look to upgrade in both the draft and in FA.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
My final take on this is that RB, K and P should be the last places we look to upgrade in both the draft and in FA.
That sums it up pretty well for me.

I don't think Richardson is bad running up the middle at all. He doesn't require big holes, he's just not as good at breaking tackles, so it's more binary, but with his burst he can be in the defense's backfield in a hurry. Of course that opens up things for multiple tight end sets. I just think they were way too committed to 3 WR sets with him.

They you have Cunningham whom I think is actually more of a backup to Stacy even if he has a very different style. They both allow the Rams to force teams to adjust to their fullback powered run game (yes that was an intentional play on words).

Even with those three it's great that they have Pead languishing in the background not due to his own progress but the competition of the other 3 backs, whom I still think could very well break out and end up being the best all around back on the team.