St. Louis Rams 53-man roster projection/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Rams 53-man roster projection
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/19448/st-louis-rams-53-man-roster-projection

The St. Louis Rams open training camp on July 29 at Rams Park in Earth City, Missouri. Here’s a 53-man roster projection:

Quarterbacks (3): Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Sean Mannion (cut: Austin Davis)

Running backs (4): Todd Gurley, Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, Chase Reynolds (cut: Malcolm Brown, Trey Watts, Isaiah Pead, Zach Laskey, Terrence Franks)

Tight ends (4): Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Cory Harkey, Justice Cunningham (cut: Alex Bayer, Brad Smelley)

Wide receivers (5): Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens (cut: Emory Blake, Isiah Ferguson, Bradley Marquez, Daniel Rodriguez, Tyler Slavin, Damian Williams, Devon Wylie)

Offensive linemen (9): Greg Robinson, Rodger Saffold, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Garrett Reynolds, Barrett Jones, Isaiah Battle, Andrew Donnal, Demetrius Rhaney (cut: Tim Barnes, Cody Wichmann, David Wang, Brandon Washington, Travis Bond, Steven Baker, Darrell Williams)

Defensive linemen (9): Robert Quinn, Chris Long, Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, William Hayes, Eugene Sims, Nick Fairley, Ethan Westbrooks, Louis Trinca-Pasat (cut: Martin Ifedi, Matt Longacre, Doug Worthington)

Linebackers (6): James Laurinaitis, Alec Ogletree, Akeem Ayers, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Daren Bates, Bryce Hager (cut: Cameron Lynch, Keshaun Malone, Marshall McFadden, Korey Toomer)

Cornerbacks (5): Janoris Jenkins, E.J. Gaines, Lamarcus Joyner, Trumaine Johnson, Marcus Roberson (cut: Brandon McGee, Imoan Claiborne, Montell Garner)

Safeties (5): T.J. McDonald, Rodney McLeod, Mark Barron, Maurice Alexander, Cody Davis (cut: Jacob Hagen, Jay Hughes, Christian Bryant)

Kicker (1): Greg Zuerlein

Punter (1): Johnny Hekker (cut: Michael Palardy)

Long snapper (1): Jake McQuaide (cut: Tyler Ott)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
(cut: Tim Barnes, Cody Wichmann, David Wang, Brandon Washington, Travis Bond, Steven Baker, Darrell Williams)

xwQgU.gif

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I thought Gaines would be put on IR so that should free up a roster spot for a CB like Claiborne or even another position group.

Also not sure Trinca-Pasat has shown enough to stick as a ninth DL, instead I think Pead might get another shot

Otherwise I think he is pretty well in line with what I expect as well

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My thoughts...
I'd cut Keenum & Davis....bet they'd still be around if we needed them...
I'm just not cutting Pead...or Watts for Chase Reynolds....
TE's & WR's we actually agree...(y)
I wouldn't feel comfortable cutting Barnes...I assume Nick wants to PS those other rookie linemen...Not sure, but #73 (Williams or Baker) is getting better....from Oakland to scrimmages...I'm interested to see how the 2nd unit o-line looks vs Tenn.
Wouldn't know who to cut outta the DL's, but LTP is first outta that bunch.....
The LB's look good too, but Marshall McFadden looks like a monster in person...can't believe he can't break this lineup...
Corners...my specialty....I want everyone that reads this post to honestly watch Sunday vs the Titans...and say they'd keep Joyner over I-Moan Clairborne...don't think we need 5 safeties, but if we do, I can't forget Knile Davis meeting Cody Davis....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Cornerbacks (5): Janoris Jenkins, E.J. Gaines, Lamarcus Joyner, Trumaine Johnson, Marcus Roberson (cut: Brandon McGee, Imoan Claiborne, Montell Garner)
Seems like pretty good guess work to me, except for this^, with E.J. out for the Year, I think they keep Claiborne!(y) Because of the way he nailed 'Dez' in practice!:D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Way too light at RB. He is aware that Gurley likely doesn't start the season right? And Justice Cunningham makes it? Ok. LTP likely doesn't make it. I thought they really liked Ifedi? Claiborne takes Gaines' spot. And keep Christian Bryant over Davis. I like this kid a lot.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm thinking:

- Pead makes the final roster as the Rams keep 5 RBs until Gurley is ready to play.

- Tim Barnes is the starting center and Barrett Jones is released.

- Hagler roster spot depends upon Bates health.

- Hagen makes it over Davis if they keep 5 safeties.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm thinking:

- Pead makes the final roster as the Rams keep 5 RBs until Gurley is ready to play.

- Tim Barnes is the starting center and Barrett Jones is released.

- Hagler roster spot depends upon Bates health.

- Hagen makes it over Davis if they keep 5 safeties.

I don't think Jones is released, because he has guard versatility as well, but I'm not so sure he's winning the job now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So we dump our most experienced center with 45 games under his belt along with 4 starts & 2 finishes to keep a center who has zero ? So Wagner thinks we will go with five OL'ers with zero NFL experience on this roster??

If they go with five safeties a few of them need to be able to play the Nickle.

Last edited:

Big Willie

Starter
When it's all said and done I believe there will be at least one CB and one OL on the final 53 that is not currently on the roster. I believe they will upgrade those positions based on cuts from other teams.

tinman1

UDFA
Name
tim
I believe that if Hagen plays good on special teams, then he is in. if not, then cut. if he is cut or put on the practice squad, i believe that another team will claim him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams had injuries to all their CB's last season. Johnson, McGee, Jenkins, Joyner, Roberson & Gaines missed a bunch of games. There was a period of time where Gregg had only 2 healthy corners. Think that still fresh in his mind? Remember Gregg has 3 corners on the field the majority of the time.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap