Spruce/Cooper/Gaines all back at practice today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
great news.....some have said Quick will soon be cut...I say play the man....throw him the ball...you get your chance Brian....lets go....

Really....concerned about EJ....top player...but I'm liking what Troy Hill brings to the table....And I love the pressure to perform it's placed squarely on Joyner's shoulders....

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If one of those guys makes it Sunday, I would pick Cooper as my first choice...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I really want to see Cooper play and if his playmaking translates from SEC to NFL

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
great news.....some have said Quick will soon be cut...I say play the man....throw him the ball...you get your chance Brian....lets go....

Really....concerned about EJ....top player...but I'm liking what Troy Hill brings to the table....And I love the pressure to perform it's placed squarely on Joyner's shoulders....
Nice knowing you BQ don't let the door hit you on the way out.

jap

Legend
Spruce and Coop bout to tear it up :banana::lifting::rockon::mustache:

I doubt that very much. Just like Tyler Higbee disappeared for the most part once the regular season began, expect Spruce and Coop to struggle too. Game day intensity turns up a couple levels from the pre-season to the regular season. (In the playoffs, it will turn up a couple of levels over regular season play too!)

The concern in the pre-season is having some bubble player blast the crap out of a core player and injure him, but this is largely mitigated by the fact that many bubble players are not that refined with hitting accurately or consistently. Not so in the regular season, where starting defensive players will be generously delivering to our rookies official "Welcome to the NFL!" love cuffs with hard knocks designed to intimidate our rooks and separate the rock from their hands. All rookie RB's, WR's, TE's, and QB's get this treatment. Hell, even the green OL guys gotta deal with hardened vets. Rookies either learn quickly to play with the big boys, or they have to find another line of work. Rookies who may have looked good catching the rock in pre-season (e.g., Tyler Higbee) suddenly develop problems securing the ball with savvy defenders blowing them up with an eye towards freeing the ball. Expect our rooks to struggle for a few games before they man up and advance beyond the first test of their NFL manhood. Remember how good Lance Kendricks looked as a rookie in pre-season, and how he quickly developed a severe case of the dropsies once he started absorbing those regular season hits?

I am more concerned with seeing EJ ease his way back into his starting role and solidify that secondary. He still has some technique growth issues to overcome before he approaches the play level of the departed Jenks, but that is largely a matter of extended playing time. Hopefully, his injury woes are mostly in the rear view mirror now.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Quickie. He has to know this is it! for him. As Coach has graciously advised us throughout Quickie's early years, he displays impressive upside in practice even though that upside has hardly ever translated to game days. That potential future is now! Case, Jared, or Sean can all use a big, energetic vacuum cleaner at WR. Quickie is supposed to be our #1, with Kenny filling in as an effective #2. With those two playing to their full potential, our WR woes are severely curtailed, especially with TE Lance showing up early on. If those two can step it up, our youngsters---Coop, Spruce, Mike Thomas, Tyler, and Temarick Hemingway---can grow into their roles gracefully without undue pressure to produce immediately. If Quickie still fails to bring it, he will personally find out why the NFL means "Not For Long" for slow developing players.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Great news. Looking forward to some impact from these guys. Especially offensively.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's a question: If we drop Quick, where do grab some depth? Safety?

They could add Blake Countess from the practice squad who is both a corner & a safety and has a great name...If I grew up with that name, oh the possibilities.
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

…..

Legend
For some reason Higbee started dropping the ball and it gurt his targeys last game. So we need tbe s6re handed Spruce for short yardage ball control stuff. Theres certainly no lack of those types of plays un our playbook. :sneaky:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Great news!! Now if we can just get a QB in the game thats tall enough to see and hit these WRs over the middle of the field this offense would start rolling.

If Gaines is back healthy and plays like he did his rookie year this Defense is gonna be crazy good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They could add Blake Countess from the practice squad who is both a corner & a safety and has a great name...If I grew up with that name, oh the possibilities.
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

Yes it is a good name....Blake Countess was having a good TC & was slated to be the back up to Jenkins the Strong Safety for the Eagles. Was it not a head injury to Countess that set him back completely & could not shake concussion symptoms ? A 185 pound strong safety ?