Some "inside" perspective of Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
He wanted out of CIN very very badly because of a rift between he and Brown. I don't recall the details but it was ugly.

I know he wanted out so bad that he was willing to forfeit millions. Anyone who's willing to do that can't be that bad, can they? It shows he has some principles. Who knows? I'm more worried about Bradford's knee.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know he wanted out so bad that he was willing to forfeit millions. Anyone who's willing to do that can't be that bad, can they? It shows he has some principles. Who knows? I'm more worried about Bradford's knee.

Me too. This is an injury that can change the course of a QBs career. I'm hoping that Snead strikes a deal that includes a first rounder next year in case they need to select a QB to replace Bradford.

I'm on record saying he won't do a deal unless it includes a first next year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This seems to be a theme with Bradford and sports writers. Bernie at STL Post Dispatch said something similar.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This seems to be a theme with Bradford and sports writers. Bernie at STL Post Dispatch said something similar.
That's true. But all it means is that he's not sociable.
Meh.

I'm not either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's true. But all it means is that he's not sociable.
Meh.

I'm not either.

Well more accurately it means he doesn't play the medias game.....and when athletes don't play the game sometimes a member of the media lashes out. If you recall Bernie's rant about Bradford was really low, it was horrible journalism even for him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well more accurately it means he doesn't play the medias game.....and when athletes don't play the game sometimes a member of the media lashes out. If you recall Bernie's rant about Bradford was really low, it was horrible journalism even for him.
I don't remember what Bernie said, outside of "I don't like him" or something to that effect.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't remember what Bernie said, outside of "I don't like him" or something to that effect.

It was pretty much Bernie using his column to bash Bradford for not being the type of person that Bernie wants him to be.

It was low.

V3

Hall of Fame
Me too. This is an injury that can change the course of a QBs career. I'm hoping that Snead strikes a deal that includes a first rounder next year in case they need to select a QB to replace Bradford.

That's what I'm hoping. That's what has me worried about this draft. If the Rams don't get extra picks for next year and they find out the Bradford isn't the guy, they will be in MAJOR trouble. This is the last year we'll have high picks or multiple picks in the first(assuming no trade for additional next year). If they don't have the extra picks and they're picking from 16 or lower, how will they be able to get a QB at the top without pulling off a trade like what Washington did with us? If Bradford isn't the guy, the Rams are screwed. Their team will be good enough to keep their picks in the lower half so they'll never get a shot at the top QB's. They're going to have to pray for a miracle pick like what Seattle got with Wilson.

I pray that Bradford is the guy because if he's not I don't know what they're going to do.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think that members of the media have their own ego. And they don't like that Bradford doesn't kiss it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I've said the same thing. Keep our powder dry, until we need it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yup, I believe you hit the nail on the head, partner. I really hope some players speak out, but I understand if it they don't, because all it will do is give this talking head street cred.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Guys I'm not worried because I am certain any deal Snead does is going to include a first rounder next year even if it means more movement in this upcoming draft. There is no way a guy like Snead isn't aware of the fact that he may have to be a big player in the next draft because he may end up in need of a QB.

They have spent significant draft capital and some big free agent dollars on the O. If they feel like they need to add a piece like QB they will be ready to do it. If I can figure that out I'm certain he can.

duckhunter

Starter
I'd say there's a very slight chance of that being the case. Very low probability.
But staying on your premise, let's see if this audio gets picked up by a bigger outlet.
Right now it's just a fairly irrelevant guy making comments on a low-profile radio show.

If we see something similar from time to time or it morphs into something else, it's grey or white smoke of some sort. What they need is to establish some market value to Bradford because there are many options here and they always are seeking what is best for the organization. They have to gather info some way or the other and create some alternate and maybe diversionary tracts for comparison purposes. Simple fact finding missions involving QBs can spin into a riff real quick. Egg shells and IEDs at ever corner along the way.

If you ask some outside source to do it because it's so sensitive, who knows what quality you get and how much $$$? Then if you just have a casual conversation with another GM or whoever, it gets leaked by the janitor over hearing the conversation or whatever.

Please, Please, Just address me now as secret agent man.

moklerman

Warner-phile
This is kinda off topic but I was thinking about Carson Palmer after the Cardinal loss a while ago and how he was pretty good at QB before he had his knee torn up. After that knee injury, he was never the same. What's the difference between what happened to him and Bradford? Many are expecting Bradford to come back and play just as well, if not better, than before. Why did it derail Palmer so much and why won't it do the same to Bradford?
Palmer tore his ACL and MCL as well as having cartilage and meniscus damage and dislocation of the patella. A pretty devastating, career-threatening injury that also happened in the act of throwing which IMO, could have added to the time it took for him to "get back on the horse" so to speak.

Brady tore the ACL and MCL and after surgery had infections.

Bradford tore the ACL only. RGIII had a similar injury and returned in 8 months. Palmer's and Brady's injuries seem much more severe.

Bradford had successful surgery on 11/19/13 so that gives about 9 months before training camp. Will probably miss some OTA's but as long as he gets a relatively full training camp, things should be fine.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Some guys will suck a D>>k to get on the radio or in print...But this guy took the low road and just made shyte up.

V3

Hall of Fame
Palmer tore his ACL and MCL as well as having cartilage and meniscus damage and dislocation of the patella. A pretty devastating, career-threatening injury that also happened in the act of throwing which IMO, could have added to the time it took for him to "get back on the horse" so to speak.

Brady tore the ACL and MCL and after surgery had infections.

Bradford tore the ACL only. RGIII had a similar injury and returned in 8 months. Palmer's and Brady's injuries seem much more severe.

Bradford had successful surgery on 11/19/13 so that gives about 9 months before training camp. Will probably miss some OTA's but as long as he gets a relatively full training camp, things should be fine.

That's good to know. Makes me feel better about it although RG3 hasn't been the same since his injury and I think it's due to his mechanics. His footwork looked completely different from last year. Hopefully Bradford's mechanics don't suffer.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
If this is Chris Long, who's Rob Snyder?

hqdefault.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
That's good to know. Makes me feel better about it although RG3 hasn't been the same since his injury and I think it's due to his mechanics. His footwork looked completely different from last year. Hopefully Bradford's mechanics don't suffer.
so much of his game was the threat of running that the situation doesn't seem the same. His mechanics may have suffered but I think that's due to him not having the wide open receivers and relatively simple reads. Not really sure what RGIII's worth as a pocket passer is in the long run.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don't buy it at all.
It doesn't fit with most all of the well known facts.

BS.