Softli: Rams Should Be Interested in Chris Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Should the Rams have any interest in Chris Johnson? Tony Softli thinks so. He thinks he could be a great change of pace back for the Rams. Softli also thinks someone will be wiling to trade up to the Rams spot even if Clowney goes #1... to get a QB.

Listen to Softli Talk Johnson

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Of course not, Stacy's better than we've had since Steven Jackson's body started to give. Why would we want to replace him with some walking distraction that didn't even outplay him last year?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Why do we need a RB that's averaging well under 4 ypc? Benny will get more touches this season. They can add a Sporles type on day 3 of the draft. I totally disagree w/ Tony Softli

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Unless he is willing to get 1 mil or less a season and be a backup then the answer is no. And since he wont want that, its a big no. We have a good stable and hopefully will grab another late rounder to add competition for the 3rd down back.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why do we need a RB that's averaging well under 4 ypc? Benny will get more touches this season. They can add a Sporles type on day 3 of the draft. I totally disagree w/ Tony Softli
Agreed. Marion Grice could be the best 3rd down back in the draft in terms of hands,vision,pass protection, working out of the shotgun...and he also gives you the added bonus of not being too small to use in short yardage on occasion.

Last edited:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Imo at this stage in CJ's career I think DRich has more upside than him. Sure DRich will never have the 4.2 speed CJ had, but they are very similar backs imo. The difference being their age. DRich seems to be one of the forgetten men heading into 2014, but I think he can be a good change of pace back, and at a fraction of the salary CJ would command.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Of course not, Stacy's better than we've had since Steven Jackson's body started to give. Why would we want to replace him with some walking distraction that didn't even outplay him last year?
Like I've said before CJ2k would work in our offence. Of course Stacy would be our starter, we would have a 2 back system, CJ brings a different dynamic to our game. I think CJ would do allot better in 2 back system I hope we pick him up, but I think he will end up with the Jets.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Agreed. Marion Grice could be the best 3rd down back in the draft in terms of hands,vision,pass protection, working out of the shotgun...and he also gives you the added bonus of not being too small to use in short yardage on occasion.
Agreed mojo. I have us taking mojo in both mocks i am working on. Amazing hands on the passing game and is good in pass pro and even now working to get better at it. Would be a great 3rd down back for us, and could be had for a 5th or 6th rounder. And i love his size as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Agreed mojo. I have us taking mojo in both mocks i am working on. Amazing hands on the passing game and is good in pass pro and even now working to get better at it. Would be a great 3rd down back for us, and could be had for a 5th or 6th rounder. And i love his size as well.
I'm flattered Tron. My hands are excellent, but i would get crushed in the NFL by most kickers and punters.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm flattered Tron. My hands are excellent, but i would get crushed in the NFL by most kickers and punters.
Lmao. See what happens when i drink, you become eligible for the draft. Not sure who I would take, you or Grice...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hekker's a big dude...
Yeah he is. I'm the same size as Tavon and believe me when i say that when i was his age i was the fastest mofo around with a 36 inch vert(white guy).....but i'm 44 yrs old now. Small, slow and grounded but with excellent hands :D

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Chris Johnson went to my High School. He broke all the track records but surprisingly wasn't the RB threat that people would imagine because he wasn't even listed on the board of top Olympia football players. This guy is all speed but when a defense learns how to contain him, he gets 2 yards per carry. He will never be the impact performer that carries his team to big wins although he might break one every few games or so. The dude can't even communicate in discernible English during his interviews...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Softli is on the sauce. No way we send a single dollar toward a 29yr old FA running back. No friggin way.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Softli is on the sauce. No way we send a single dollar toward a 29yr old FA running back. No friggin way.
And this is why Softli is a reporter for a local radio station instead of working for an NFL team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And this is why Softli is a reporter for a local radio station instead of working for an NFL team.

It just makes no sense!

I'm saving every penny of cap space for UDFA, June cuts, and roster trim downs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO Fisher does like some of his former players, but not all of them and IMO, he's not a Johnson fan.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Pass. I'll take wins with Stacy pounding it over a few potential home run long runs if any from Johnson any day.

Ivory gets banged up too quick, so I bet the Jets sign CJ w/ Browns being a darkhouse.