So the Rams Won the Game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and when the wrap up by the NFLN clowns was done, it was all good things for Cowgirls and not one word about good things the Rams did. They did mention that the Rams scored LESS (2 points) than last years offensive dumpster fire average in such a smart @ssed way I wanted to punch him....but did not mention that the Boys scored even less.

I also hate that Heath Motherfu#$%@!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and when the wrap up by the NFLN clowns was done, it was all good things for Cowgirls and not one word about good things the Rams did. They did mention that the Rams scored LESS (2 points) than last years offensive dumpster fire average in such a smart @ssed way I wanted to punch him....but did not mention that the Boys scored even less.

I noticed the same thing I actually said in my head now back to regular programming lol

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The cowgirls also played 1 presaeson game before tonight so in their 2nd preseason game they were not good enough to beat a team that had ball security issues all game long. Fuck Heath, he always talks shit on the Rams, even when they win, in his eyes they didnt do as well as the team they just beat. And to second guess McVay? He may have been onto something with Fisher, but these Rams are not JFs Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Cowboys are a popular team coming off a 13 win season favored by some to win the NFC.
The Rams are.....the Rams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We will rally around Goff. And we will play good football.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He's just a card carrying member of the "Failed QB" brotherhood strutting around hoping for others to fail. F that dude.

jap

Legend
It doesn't make sense wasting your energy looking for respect from the clueless masses. Remember that none of these saw the 1999 Rams coming either. Even after the regular season winnings started, it took a while before it was noticed how easily the Horns were scoring and dictating to opposing defenses. As good as our defense was, their job was made so much easier because the Air Martz attack was ringing up scores so quickly that opposing offenses would panic completely, abandoning their offensive game plans and shifting to an almost one dimensional aerial attack. Our defensive front four merely pinned back their ears and went after the opposing backfields with surgical precision. Even for opposing fans, the Horns were ruthlessly beautiful to observe that year.

If we want respect, Jared and his fly guys must take full advantage of all the attention Todd will draw, knowing he has the SonOfBum's guys to back him up. I doubt our success will be as dramatic as the offensive pyrotechnics of 1999, but when supposedly 'more powerful teams' begin to be humbled by the resurgent Horns, the respect will come, whether they want to give it or not. Detractors cannot BS their way around sustained success - just as they failed to do so in 1999.

How early will it start? Who knows? It took a few games into 1999 before it became obvious to me that the Horns had assembled a veritable juggernaut. It may take us a bit longer, but be well aware that the change is coming. Sammy has to get up to speed with the offense and establish that much needed rapport with Jared. Gurley has to be ready take over when opposing DCs realize we have a passing game on the rise. As recipe for offensive success between run & pass improves, McVay has to learn when to mix in his not-so-secret ingredient, Tavon, to push the 2017 Rams into juggernaut mode.

Then sit back and listen to the talking heads then!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did the NFLN have different color and play by play guys? Glad I watched on channel 2.
They had Marshall Faulk and I think Andrew Siciliano? The schmucks at the HQ were the ones I am hating on...

bluecoconuts

Legend
They had Marshall Faulk and I think Andrew Siciliano? The schmucks at the HQ were the ones I am hating on...

Ah, to be honest after the starters were pulled I only had it on in the background, I don't remember anything other than Faulk and Siciliano, that might be why.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Refocused: Los Angeles Rams 13, Dallas Cowboys 10

BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM • AUG 13, 2017

While the contest between the Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Rams may have felt lacking in star-power as Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Jaylon Smith did not play.

Cowboys rookie edge defender Taco Chartlon, veteran RB Darren McFadden and emerging TE Rico Gathers did their best to excite Dallas fans.

However, Rams QB Jared Goff led an early touchdown drive, and ultimately, a late field goal would be the difference in a 13-10 Rams victory.

With that, we refocus and give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

LAR-Rams-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES

CB Michael Jordan, 91.2 overall grade

DI Tanzel Smart, 87.5 overall grade

C Austin Blythe, 82.7 overall grade

QB Sean Mannion, 81.4 overall grade

LB Kevin Davis, 80.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB Sean Mannion, 81.4 overall grade

With QB Jared Goff playing only two series, Mannion took advantage of a showcase opportunity going 18-of-25, including three dropped passes.

It was mostly short stuff for Mannion, but his one pass over 10 yards was a post route that was right on target until Xavier Woods knocked it out. Mannion also handled pressure well, completing 4-of-5 passes with his only incompletion the aforementioned post route.

Blythe made an impact in the run game where he executed a variety of blocks at a high level. He made linebackers pay at the second level and he made multiple reach blocks to stonewall opposing nose tackles.

He fielded the game’s second-highest run block grade of 83.0. It wasn’t all great as he airmailed a snap over QB Sean Mannion’s head and he surrendered a QB hit, but Blythe’s work as a run-blocker won’t go unnoticed in his battle to join the offensive line rotation this season.

CB Michael Jordan, 91.2 overall grade

Jordan played up to his lofty name making numerous plays in the passing game all night. On his five coverage targets, he surrendered just one catch for 11 yards with two passes defenced. Quarterbacks targeting Jordan posted just a 39.6 passer rating.

DI Tanzel Smart, 87.5 overall grade

The rookie sixth-round draft pick out of Tulane filled up the stat sheet and was disruptive all night against the run and affecting the passer. Smart recorded one hit, three hurries, one batted pass at the line of scrimmage and two tackles on his 37 snaps. He finished with a very respectable 11.1 pass-rush productivity mark.

DAL-Cowboys-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES
S Xavier Woods, 89.9 overall grade

Edge Lenny Jones, 83.7 overall grade

CB Duke Thomas, 80.8 overall grade

Edge Taco Charlton, 80.0 overall grade

S Robert Blanton, 79.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB Cooper Rush, 74.2 overall grade
The undrafted rookie from Central Michigan was one of the lone bright spots for the Cowboys offense on a sluggish night. If not for two drops, Rush would have finished a perfect 11-of-11. With those drops, he saw an adjusted completion percentage of 100.0, displaying a good understanding of the offense. The Cowboys only touchdown came on a nice seam throw from Rush to TE Rico Gathers.

G Zack Martin, 77.1 overall grade
The always-steady Martin posted the highest offensive grade for the Cowboys during his 19 snaps. Martin didn’t allow any pressures in the passing game, and was solid in the run game with a 76.9 run blocking grade.

S Xavier Woods, 89.9 overall grade
Woods made plays all over the field, getting in on eight tackles, including a game-high six stops. Whether in the open field, against the run, or in coverage, Woods flew to the football and finished plays when he got there. The sixth-round pick is looking for a role in the Dallas secondary and he stated a strong case tonight as he played 31 snaps at free safety, 14 in the box, and nine over the slot.

Edge Taco Charlton, 80.0 overall grade
After playing 16 snaps in the Hall of Fame game, Charlton picked up his first career pressures as he got in on a sack and a hurry while playing 25 total snaps. While his sack came against backup offensive tackle Pace Murphy, it was important for him to get on the stat sheet as continued improvement will be crucial in his rookie season. He also got in on a run stop after beating TE Tyler Higbee.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-los-angeles-rams-13-dallas-cowboys-10

PFF GAME BALL: XAVIER WOODS, S

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Haha, shows what I know, the only thing I remember about Blythe was that ridiculous punt he snapped over Mannions head leading to a 30 yd loss:ROFLMAO:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, shows what I know, the only thing I remember about Blythe was that ridiculous punt he snapped over Mannions head leading to a 30 yd loss:ROFLMAO:
Me too..I was ready to fire his @ss right there!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The Cowboys are a popular team coming off a 13 win season favored by some to win the NFC.
The Rams are.....the Rams.
Until we prove otherwise, we will continue to be knocked by the pundits regardless of the performance.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Building an offense is like raising a child.
Good support system. Quarterback Developers.
(First order of business a real left tackle)

Good parents. Kromer and Bum son.

You have to raise an offense you can't jerk it up by its hair.

Even human jackass belichek figured that one out. :D

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas

Blythe made an impact in the run game where he executed a variety of blocks at a high level. He made linebackers pay at the second level and he made multiple reach blocks to stonewall opposing nose tackles.

He fielded the game’s second-highest run block grade of 83.0. It wasn’t all great as he airmailed a snap over QB Sean Mannion’s head and he surrendered a QB hit, but Blythe’s work as a run-blocker won’t go unnoticed in his battle to join the offensive line rotation this season.
Can Austin Blythe play Right Guard?