So now we know. NOW who do you got?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Hill at the top of 2 makes sense to me. Not entirely sure he'd make it out of the first when you look at it. Jets, Cincy, Whiners, and Pats all could target a WR with their picks. Sure it's a guy you're rolling the dice on because the stats were never there, but it's also a guy with a ceiling almost unmatched in this draft.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
It will be fun to see how the dominos fall into place. I would be thrilled with any combination of Blackmon/L.Miller/J.Jenkins, Claibourne/S.Hill/M.Martin, Richardson/M.Floyd/D.Martin and I just listed a few while I have like 5 other combos in mind too. Just cool thinking about and discussing all of the plethora of opportunities we have for a damn near once in a franchise opportunity.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Warner4Prez said:
Hill at the top of 2 makes sense to me. Not entirely sure he'd make it out of the first when you look at it. Jets, Cincy, Whiners, and Pats all could target a WR with their picks. Sure it's a guy you're rolling the dice on because the stats were never there, but it's also a guy with a ceiling almost unmatched in this draft.

Good point Prez.

Hill fits exactly what the Patriots need. A decent sized WR that can stretch the field. I doubt he falls past them.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
Warner4Prez said:

Good point Prez.

Hill fits exactly what the Patriots need. A decent sized WR that can stretch the field. I doubt he falls past them.

But what if they sign Brandon Lloyd?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JdashSTL said:
libertadrocks said:
Warner4Prez said:

Good point Prez.

I think most people believe Lloyd is as good as gone (to the Pats). If the Rams don't take Blackmon the WR that I really want is Wright, who I think is Bruce-like (field stretcher who is great in and out of cuts and who plays much faster than his 40 time would indicate). I don't think Wright will be there at #33, and I would be willing to trade up for it.

The #33 pick tends to be valuable. What if someone offers us a #3 this year and a #1 next year for it. Would you take it?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
libertadrocks said:
Warner4Prez said:

Good point Prez.

Im not sure Lloyd is really the WR they need. Obviously if they were to sign Lloyd the probability that they draft a WR in the first round deceases, but I could foresee them doing both.

They really have 2 major holes on their team IMO. CB and a field stretching WR. Last year the Ravens provided a blueprint on how to stop their offense. They brought the safeties into the middle of the field to take away deep route by the TEs, giving no help over the top on the outside to the CBs. The Pat WR couldnt stretch the D out.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
JdashSTL said:
libertadrocks said:
Warner4Prez said:

Good point Prez.

They could, but I think they'll try and overhaul the WR spot anyway. I could honestly see them signing Lloyd and Moss, because lets face it, both those guys will take steep discounts to be in the situation they like the best--and still drafting a WR. If that happened I doubt they'd aim for a 1st rounder at that point, but it wouldn't be wise to run out there with 3 or 4 30+ year old WRs.

Would I trade out of it? I don't think so, two picks that close at the top of 2 and you could potentially have two players graded out at 1st round talent. Certainly an extra two starters.

steferfootball

Starter
brokeu91 said:
The #33 pick tends to be valuable. What if someone offers us a #3 this year and a #1 next year for it. Would you take it?
Yes. Specifically if that is a perennially bad team. That is potentially a top 10 pick. Worst case, that pick moves up a few spots plus we net a third.

Or you can look at it from this perspective, you turn a three into a two, and get a future first.

I'd totally be down on that.

On the other hand, there are James Laurinaitis/Roder Saffolds out there. I still think Saffold can get back to his rookie ways. So I guess if there is a killer prospect you like, take him. Apparently there were several deals on the table for Saffold in 2010 - but we took him.