so after game 1, who starts at qb next week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Josh FREEMAN...ahahahahahahah...JK..we've made our bed with Hill..so we must lie in it...Hey, @RamzFanz Fan, lets get some bets on when Keenum gets a start, I say first week after the bye....
Echoing @CoachO , I saw some good things from Hill, but enough bad to still say, not pro material. The non-movement in the pocket to avoid the rush, when that ball was slapped out of his hand, he could have slid away...The total lack of arm strength...Getting the ball out late...The mysterious injury?!? Whats up with that? We were still in that game, seems like somebody waved the surrender flag, or they just wanted to see if Davis had some real (not preseason) magic...That first drive I was hyped...then, looked like the team quit.
Seriously, can Gilbert get some run?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO it will be Austin Davis...Have a feeling for some reason Fisher is not happy with Shaun Hill and I don't know why. The Rams could have signed Marc Sanchez who was a younger option and knew Schottenheimer's system, but they opted for Hill and now something smells rotten in Denmark and it all has to do with the hierarchy of the St. Louis Rams.

AZRamsFan93

I don't know and I don't care. You don't draft players for how they will do as rookies in week 1.
Thanks for input. I wasn't asking, however, for your benefit but for mine. You could have chosen to just ignore my question, but instead you chose to be rude.

cracengl

Rookie
I don't think I said anything different.

Unless you would state that the 3rd year wideout is the leader of the offense - the QB led the team to zero points. That is a fact. Combine that with a really bad INT to close out the half, and I am not giving a game ball to Hill. Was he our biggest issue? No. Am I really enthused about Hill leading our offense? No.

No offense to CoachO, but I can come to my own conclusions on this subject.

I'm not giving Hill a pass, just like the other 10 guys who "led" the offense to a sparkling turd of an effort. You just seemed to focus on him more than anyone else, that's all. As for CoachO, I'm not sure how he's relevant to my comment. He has his opinions. I have mine. Ours happen to be similar on this issue, but don't confuse me for his lackey.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I thought Hill looked better. Davis seemed a bit overwhelmed by it all, and it's been 3 years man. Hill at least isn't afraid to take a shot down the field and Lord knows they need to be able to do that.

AZRamsFan93

I'm not giving Hill a pass, just like the other 10 guys who "led" the offense to a sparkling turd of an effort. You just seemed to focus on him more than anyone else, that's all. As for CoachO, I'm not sure how he's relevant to my comment. He has his opinions. I have mine. Ours happen to be similar on this issue, but don't confuse me for his lackey.
Apologies for mixing up posts. It was someone else that referred me to CoachO as evidence of the correctness of his assertions.

I believe that the QB not only is the unquestioned leader of the offense, but also needs to be if the team is to achieve success. That is why they are referred to as "field general" or even "game manager" - all leadership positions. My position on this is not controversial... heck it is common to refer to the point guard in basketball as the "quarterback" of the team - the player that is the center point of the execution of each play and the overall game plan of the offense.

I recognize that football is the ultimate team sport. It is still possible, however, to watch the QB play and create your own judgment on his play. I was not at all impressed with Hill. I am quite concerned about our prospects this season (and going forward) with the QBs we have under contract. IMHO, something must be done - either through draft or trade.

cracengl

Rookie
Apologies for mixing up posts. It was someone else that referred me to CoachO as evidence of the correctness of his assertions.

I believe that the QB not only is the unquestioned leader of the offense, but also needs to be if the team is to achieve success. That is why they are referred to as "field general" or even "game manager" - all leadership positions. My position on this is not controversial... heck it is common to refer to the point guard in basketball as the "quarterback" of the team - the player that is the center point of the execution of each play and the overall game plan of the offense.

I recognize that football is the ultimate team sport. It is still possible, however, to watch the QB play and create your own judgment on his play. I was not at all impressed with Hill. I am quite concerned about our prospects this season (and going forward) with the QBs we have under contract. IMHO, something must be done - either through draft or trade.

I got you. Just remember that Hill is, was, and always will be a backup. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this situation for the rest of the year and next. I have to think Hill is capable of being better, just like the rest of the team. But the pressure is on to find someone who can take the reigns in the future.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

I understand where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. His pre and post snap reads were an obvious improvement over what we've seen in a while. His audibles were actually effective, and he seems to have a very good understanding of the routes everyone is running.

Obviously, he'll make mistakes, and the interception wasn't the only time he threw into double coverage. I worry that he wasn't injured after all, and was instead pulled for his aggressiveness which eventually led to the interception.

Whatever you want to call Hill, he can win games with this football team, and after seeing a sample of the Austin Davis fire drill, I can't imagine Hill not starting next week even if he was benched Sunday to make a point.

beej

Rookie
Hekker? Possibly? And is it illegal for him to kick it to quick on a nine route on 2nd down. ;)