SK, What is the Longterm Vision for the Organization?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Please tell us, because I don't understand how you can commence a coaching, player personnel & GM search without knowing what you are and who best helps the organization achieve that identity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was kind of hoping we would hear that from the podium instead of some pre-prepared note issued to Demoff for regurgitation. All I got out of that, is that the Rams want to be constantly competing for Championships. Nothing specific. That's kind of every team's goal, by the way. To me, long term success is synonymous with continuity. This team has been everything BUT that for several years.

And everyone keeps mentioning players. Abso-freakin-lutely. We've seen what Vermeil did with bad players. Nada. We saw what he did with good players. POW. I don't care who the coach is. If he doesn't have the players, he's not going to do anything either. Or at least nothing significant. And the fact that the HC might be able to choose his own GM is a little unsettling. I'd like to think a little more thought could go into it than that. But, this isn't my team. Unfortunately.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
Fisher = Continuity

:cheese:
In Tennessee, no doubt. But he was a 30-something HC in the 90's. Now he's 50-something. He could be the Rams HC for 6-8 years, which would be one of the longest tenures for the Rams. But another 16 years? I don't think so.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna take Stan at his word that he wants to win and leave it at that. I think Stan likes to look good but he will tolerate building but he's result driven. No one may ever allowed to have the kind of record the team has had over the last few seasons. He's waited along time to have control so what ever kind of stamp he has he will use it.

Ne may never be a sound bite type owner. Sooner or later he will appoint a president for the team that he picks himself and that's who will really be in charge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
I'm gonna take Stan at his word that he wants to win and leave it at that. I think Stan likes to look good but he will tolerate building but he's result driven. No one may ever allowed to have the kind of record the team has had over the last few seasons. He's waited along time to have control so what ever kind of stamp he has he will use it.

Ne may never be a sound bite type owner. Sooner or later he will appoint a president for the team that he picks himself and that's who will really be in charge.
Right now the mouthpiece is Demoff.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:

He may never be a sound bite type owner. Sooner or later he will appoint a president for the team that he picks himself and that's who will really be in charge.
Right now the mouthpiece is Demoff.

I could see him being the top dog real soon. Smart and smooth.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yamahopper said:

Right, winning is the obvious goal, but as Lombardi clearly articulated in his interview today, there are some things that need to happen in a particular order, with the first item of business being the creation of an identity and a longterm vision. I simply want to know what that is, so that I can judge their decision relative to that longterm vision.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Yamahopper said:

Right, winning is the obvious goal, but as Lombardi clearly articulated in his interview today, there are some things that need to happen in a particular order, with the first item of business being the creation of an identity and a longterm vision. I simply want to know what that is, so that I can judge their decision relative to that longterm vision.

His team and vision , were just fans. I've been a fan since the late 60's and I think it's about time someone else has had control of the team.

It's almost impossible to sustain winning in the NFL. It's must easier to be bad and that starts with the owner hiring the wrong people. some never get it. Stan has had moderate success in other sports so he has a idea how to do things No team really has long term success without a few down years. The plan has to be fluid and adapt to the changes in the game.

Other than the GSOT years the Rams have been a bad football team, fun at times but bad since the late 80's. 15-65 isn't bad luck it's piss poor decisions made by the owners on down. Any few guys from here at ROD could do better than that if they owned the team. How much Stan had to do with those decisions we'll never know but we can guess by his future actions.

I don't know if the next few years will be any better but I can't see how they can be that bad again even if they tried.
It's a new day it might take 10 years to find out what kind of owner he is but were just along for the ride.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just found this mission statement on his website, sheds a little light...

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment Mission Statement
Memories are played here.

• Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences.
  • We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home.
  • We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community.
  • We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pepsicenter.com/AboutUs/KSEMission/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pepsicenter.com/AboutUs/KSEM ... fault.aspx</a>