Should the Rams select Eddie Lacy, if he is available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Don't overanalyze...if SJack is gone, draft him. If not, there isn't a bigger need to draft a RB in the 1st round. 2nd round would be better in that case.

Lacy is a good player, basically younger SJack.
Pretty much.

Every year there's a solid RB available in the first round of the draft.

2010: Spiller, Matthews
2011: Ingram
2012: Trent Richardson

We'll get one when we need one, and it doesn't even have to be in the first round considering where we got Daryl.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
nighttrain said:
whether the Rams draft any running back, even if SJ leaves, depends on what the FO truly thinks of Pead, Richardson, and Gannaway. We may have SJ replacement in Gannaway..
train

I wish we had seen some of Ganaway in action. He's really an unknown right now. But he's built like SJ.

Outside of pass protection; I feel comfortable with Pead and Richardson.

I want SJ back. If he's not; I'm feeling okay with what we have rather than spending a top pick on another running back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I think Stepfan Taylor is the #1 HB in this class. Eddie Lacy is a 2nd rounder in my book. Too much HB depth in this draft to spend a pick on Lacy in the 1st round imo.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
jrry32 said:
No. I think Stepfan Taylor is the #1 HB in this class. Eddie Lacy is a 2nd rounder in my book. Too much HB depth in this draft to spend a pick on Lacy in the 1st round imo.

IMO Taylor's lacking speed will hurt him against NFL defenders. I don't see him being more than a Shonn Greene type.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
biggame1190 said:
jrry32 said:

IMO Taylor's lacking speed will hurt him against NFL defenders. I don't see him being more than a Shonn Greene type.

I don't see it. Taylor has every bit as much if not more speed than Gore, Alfred Morris and Arian Foster do. He's comparable in terms of speed to Doug Martin. Taylor has great vision, awesome leg drive that allows him to churn out yards after contact, good wiggle for a powerful HB and excellent burst to the hole. He's a N-S runner that can pass protect and catch the ball out of the back-field. He's a very NFL ready player that's a versatile, reliable, gritty HB.

I don't think Lacy is much faster than Taylor. Both are in the 4.47 to 4.55 range imo.

If there's a Shonn Greene type in this draft, imo, it's Montee Ball.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
whether the Rams draft any running back, even if SJ leaves, depends on what the FO truly thinks of Pead, Richardson, and Gannaway. We may have SJ replacement in Gannaway..
train

I wish we had seen some of Ganaway in action. He's really an unknown right now. But he's built like SJ.

Outside of pass protection; I feel comfortable with Pead and Richardson.

I want SJ back. If he's not; I'm feeling okay with what we have rather than spending a top pick on another running back.

THIS! Gannaway has the size, but who is he?
train