Shady Mccoy apparently lives up to his nickname

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
PYT OWNER RESPONDS TO LESEAN MCCOY TINY TIP CONTROVERSY
302369_630x354.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy speaks during an interview after a joint NFL football training camp practice with the New England Patriots. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

origin.png

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
The owner of a Philadelphia burger joint has responded to criticism he has received after posting an image that allegedly shows a tiny tip left by Eagles running back LeSean McCoy.

The image was posted to the Facebook page of PYT, a Northern Liberties restaurant know for unique burger combinations.

It shows a receipt for a $61.56 bill with a tip of only 20 cents.

091014-wpvi-PYT-receipt-IMG.jpg

On the post, PYT wrote a sarcastic message saying the tip is "going to come in really handy for that new official NFL McCoy jersey our waiter had his heart set on" and "That is a .03% tip. New record!"

Some commenters on the Facebook post were angry with the decision to post the receipt, with one reading "Bad form PYT. Posting this is disturbing and unprofessional."

McCoy had no response when we asked about the situation.

However, PYT's owner, Tommy Up, did respond. He says he stands by the decision to post the receipt - a decision he made.

The statement, posted to the PYT Facebook page on Tuesday, reads:

A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:

I would like to address the LeSean McCoy tipping situation and our role in it.

For starters, I take total and complete responsibility for sharing this receipt. It was not our server's decision, it was mine. I am to blame.

I decided to take action after some serious thought. And while I'd like to apologize to Mr McCoy, I cannot in good conscience do so. I stand by my actions one hundred percent.

Mr McCoy and his three companions came into my place on Monday afternoon, and immediately the whole staff was excited. Mr McCoy is a skilled athlete and is one of our beloved Philadelphia Eagles. A true Philly legend and a sports hero. Understandably my staff was really pumped, especially on the heels of they terrific win the day before. (Go Eagles!).

Mr McCoy and his friend sat inside at a booth next to my management and next to me. They were given excellent service. Impeccable service. If anything, our server was a little nervous as was our food runner, because they are big, big fans.

He and his group, from the moment they sat down, were verbally abusive to our staff in the most insulting ways. The derogatory statements about women and their sheer contempt for the staff serving them wasn't the end, however. After Mr McCoy and his group left I looked over and saw their server, my friend, with his head bowed down and with a very confused look on his face. I took the receipt out of his hand and I couldn't believe that anyone could be so callous. Mr McCoy had left a .03% tip for our staff. Our staff that was beyond excited to see him walk into our burger joint and was excited to serve him. That's twenty cents on a tab of over $60. Twenty cents that our server has to split with the food runner and the bartender. Two dimes from an insulting multimillionaire.

I bet Mr McCoy is usually an awesome dude. And everyone has their bad days. But I'm from Philly and have had the pleasure of meeting many of our bad ass sports heroes. Ron Jaworski I met as a kid and I love. Iverson I loved. Mike Schmidt! You name 'em. I love all of our athletes past and present. Hometown heroes who treat those below them with some respect. And maybe Mr McCoy was having a "bad day" after his big victory all that, but the reports of him receiving "bad service" is a complete slanderous lie, and my crew here is better than that and deserves better than that.

At the end of the day, I did what I felt my heart told me to do. And I don't want anything from Mr McCoy, but...maybe an apology to his server who gave him excellent service would be cool.

Again, I am the owner and I take full responsibility for my actions. Eagles fans, I feel ya. Id be pissed too. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and stick up for his friends.

Hate mail should be directed to tommy@pytburger.com. I will respond to you right after I catch up on this mornings hate mail.

http://6abc.com/food/pyt-responds-to-lesean-mccoy-tiny-tip-controversy/301480/

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not the same story line I read yesterday which had the server admitting he forgot the appetizers and mixed up the orders, not what I would call excellent service.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not the same story line I read yesterday which had the server admitting he forgot the appetizers and mixed up the orders, not what I would call excellent service.

Hmm, interesting. This is the first I've heard of it. Can you post the other side of the story here? I'm interested in seeing it.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Edit.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Dude got a autographed receipt. That thing has gotta be worth something.

Philly5

Rookie
No matter what the server did or didn't do, there is no way the owner of a business should be posting that info online. Would anyone want to charge something in that place? Really bad business decision.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No matter what the server did or didn't do, there is no way the owner of a business should be posting that info online. Would anyone want to charge something in that place? Really bad business decision.

ehhh, he blacked out the last 4 on his credit card. Took the proper precautions to protect his information.

Even though the server missed the appetizer, the rudeness isn't acceptable. I'm sure the servers time to wait on them was worth more than .03%.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some people need to be advised that Waiters/Waitresses make their living off of Tips, the Pay is very minimal! Always has been!! ( I have worked as a Waiter and a Bartender at one time or another, I know!)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
OMG, he forgot the appetizers!!!

You mean a guy in a burger joint showed that he's human and made a correctable mistake???

Well, seriously OOK THAT DOOD in the DOOKER!!!

You think Shady's gonna give any money back if he whiff's on a blitz pickup or runs for a loss?

I mean, I realize that tips are voluntary and all that and I know that some folks get all righteous about it, but the reality is that the wage structure for waitstaff assumes tips. If it didn't, then it would be easier to hear the "voluntary" argument...except, it shouldn't be IF we allow minimum wage exceptions or outright exemptions (which, I'll go on record as saying is just plain BS. And yes, I live the "if I can't afford to tip properly, I don't go out. Then again, I can't afford to go out much, anyway)

Bottom line for me is that McCoy is a figure in the community and if he had any grace at all, he would have just tipped the guy and smiled and took some pictures and been that "good guy" and that story that those folks would have told their friends for the rest of their lives. Instead, he's that douche who they'll talk about for the rest of their lives.

Grace may be hard to embrace every moment of the day, but sheesh, over appetizers? That's not even trying...

AnarchyRam

Rookie
They edited the story from yesterday which also had the server saying "I'm not his servant"

“I kind of saw it coming,” said K'Nelly. “I forgot their appetizer, it was my fault.”

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26478589/lesean-mccoy-tipped-20-cents-at-pyt

I've had a waiter mess up before. but I still tip them.. it's hard work and I appreciate them working to feed and water my fat az. and I hope more restaurants call these arrogant and cheap stars out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've had a waiter mess up before. but I still tip them.. it's hard work and I appreciate them working to feed and water my fat az. and I hope more restaurants call these arrogant and cheap stars out.
It isn't all that hard IMO, it happens in every household in the world every day.

But of course I tip my wife :whistle:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If they forget something its not the end if the world. As ling as they are nice and dont ignore our table they get a decent tip. If they are rude and dint come around often then they will get shit from me.

So it seems like a combination of what happened.

Philly5

Rookie
ehhh, he blacked out the last 4 on his credit card. Took the proper precautions to protect his information.

Even though the server missed the appetizer, the rudeness isn't acceptable. I'm sure the servers time to wait on them was worth more than .03%.

McCoy made the call that the service was not worthy of a tip. We have all had that experience. Owner has no business trying to embarrass him because he is a public figure. He will lose business, and it will be more than the $15 he is crying about.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I smell a Warcraft reference.

Yeah, been on a break for the first time in 6 years. Been a hardcore raider and Guild Leader... But think I'm going back for Warlords of Draenor. You see the Cinematic? Holy Cow!!! Plus, all my friends have switched from Alliance to raiding Horde now and no way I'm paying to switch all my toons from Gnomeregan (or whatever the new server is called) to Sen'jin or Area 52. $15 per toon. Blizz can get Ook'd if they think I'm paying that.

But oh, yeah... Been playing WoW since Sept' 06...vanilla, baby...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
McCoy made the call that the service was not worthy of a tip. We have all had that experience. Owner has no business trying to embarrass him because he is a public figure. He will lose business, and it will be more than the $15 he is crying about.
If the service is mediocre, you tip 10%. Decent 15%, good 20%. These people are making three bucks an hour wages. Unless the server trips and sets me on fire with the candles from my own birthday cake, which then flips over onto my wife's brand new expensive evening gown, ruining it beyond redemption. Then I'd tip twenty cents. And I don't make millions.