Seahawks defensive tackle Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-tackle-jesse-williams-diagnosed-with-cancer/

Seahawks defensive tackle Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 18, 2015

jesse-williams.jpg
AP

The Seahawks have announced that defensive tackle Jesse Williams has cancer.

Williams, a 24-year-old native of Australia who played college football at Alabama and was Seattle’s fifth-round pick in 2013, was diagnosed with papillary Type 2 cancer. He is scheduled to undergo kidney surgery.

“Although disappointing, I am a fighter and will handle this,” Williams said in a statement released by the team. “I am going to focus on my health and fighting this battle with a return to football as my ultimate goal. Thank you for your thoughts and support. Go Hawks!”

Seahawks General Manager John Schneider released a statement saying, “Jesse is an extraordinarily tough individual who has overcome a great deal in his life and we will support him in any way possible. He is in our thoughts and prayers.”

Williams has suffered knee injuries before each of the last two seasons and has yet to play in a regular-season game. Here’s hoping he makes it through this and gets on the field some day.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hoping that the guy prevails. Team colors don't matter when it comes to serious illness or injury.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hoping that the guy prevails. Team colors don't matter when it comes to serious illness or injury.

Agree.

As much as I despise the Hawks In the competitive sense, I can't wish harm to any of the players.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fuck Cancer! We have to find a way to knock it out. Sure hope this kid beats it and then gets his chance at the NFL. Damn straight Mems - team colors don't matter one bit here.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Enemies on the field, but off the field we're all the same.
Cancer sucks. Hope you prevail, Williams. You're the only Seahawk I'm rooting for.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Fuck cancer.

I hate that shit, it's one of the worst diseases in the world, and if we find a way to eradicate it completely it'll be too soon.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
My prayers are with him. I agree with ya 503...Fuck cancer?
May you conquer cancer Jessie.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Yeah, only 24..... that's tough. Hope he has good family support and beats this shit.......

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Yes, quite sad. An Aussie boy from my hometown, Brisbane. Hope it works out for him.

iced

godspeed - under those ugly uniforms, they'res still a person

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
I've been following this guy closely since college. He was signed to Hawaii out of high school and never played a down for us. Someone messed up his paperwork and he ended up going the jc route where he became a star and became one of the most highly recruited d-linemen in the country and the rest is history. Anyway like everyone else, just wishing him the best and hoping for a full recovery.