Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
LOL! He has to prove he can play as well as Scott Wells, which he hasn't even come close.

I'm extremely glad you're not the coach of the Rams. By your skewed logic, Brandon Washington should start at OG getting rid of Roger Saffold's large contract and Austin Davis should start at QB getting rid of Bradford's large contract.

Scott Wells has played in 35 of his last 48 games and has been selected to the Pro Bowl during this time. When on the field, he has played well for the Rams.
Sam Bradford has played in 33 of his last 48 games. When on the field, he has played well for the Rams, though he hasn't been selected for a Pro Bowl.
Rodger Saffold has played in 31 of his last 48 games. When on the field, he has played well for the Rams, though he hasn't been selected for a Pro Bowl.

I've got a great idea. Let's groom Barrett Jones and Tim Barnes for the second-team center slot and may the better man win. Once determined, use that winner as a reliable back-up to the more talented and more experienced Scott Wells. Maybe they'll even learn something from Wells. Should Wells get injured again, then insert the better of Barnes or B. Jones as a replacement.

I'd like to think of my idea as original, but unfortunately Jeff Fisher has already thought of it.
Whoa. The response was logical, and well thought out. No need to start getting personal. Please.
You, as well as a lot of people are also making good points of discussion.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Whoa. The response was logical, and well thought out. No need to start getting personal. Please.
You, as well as a lot of people are also making good points of discussion.

Fair enough and point taken. I wasn't exactly enamored (though I was amused) with the tone of the post I was responding to and it's my natural reflex to punch back.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fair enough and point taken. I wasn't exactly enamored (though I was amused) with the tone of the post I was responding to and it's my natural reflex to punch back.
Nobody should EVER go to blows on a discussion about Scott Wells, but it is a refreshing discussion to read, and have.(y)

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
If the Rams cut Wells, what would the Rams do with the extra money? Would the Rams go after another free agent?

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
At this point there's not much to spend it on, though we can roll that savings into next year if they do decide to cut ties.

That kind of flexibility could allow us to front load the first year of a free agent contract for someone next offseason.

What it really comes down to at this point is if they think we're better this season with Scott Wells on the line, because this cap savings isn't going to do much to help us out this year.

Could you explain your points a bit more? Are you saying we can roll Well's cap savings into next year, so the Rams would have extra money next year to sign free agents?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Could you explain your points a bit more? Are you saying we can roll Well's cap savings into next year, so the Rams would have extra money next year to sign free agents?

Yes, teams that are under the cap this season can roll the unused cap space toward the following year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes, teams that are under the cap this season can roll the unused cap space toward the following year.
Also most all NFL teams release a few excellent veteran players after the last pre season game . Once these players are free they then can sign with one of the bidding teams who want then & can meet their desire $$$ demands. Example Rams could be very thick with a very good group of centers and very thin @ Lb'ers. Releasing Scott Wells could put the Rams in a position to have enough $$$ to sign a veteran & add him in a overall weak unit.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Also most all NFL teams release a few excellent veteran players after the last pre season game . Once these players are free they then can sign with one of the bidding teams who want then & can meet their desire $$$ demands. Example Rams could be very thick with a very good group of centers and very thin @ Lb'ers. Releasing Scott Wells could put the Rams in a position to have enough $$$ to sign a veteran & add him in a overall weak unit.

I would feel better with yet another vet linebacker. A linebacker who excelled in pass coverage.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Or a veteran Safety to mentor the youngsters.