Sams vs Westbrooks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If it does come down to Sams vs Westbrooks who wins the roster spot?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hard to say at this point. Sam has made his presence known on ST coverage teams so far, while Westbrooks has been hurt until this past week. The ST stuff may tip the scales in Sam's favor.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Did Westbrooks play? He definitely didn't make much of an impact if he did.

I saw Sam out there playing, and I saw him making plays. Plus he's been part of the defense in training camp and OTAs, Westbrooks hasn't.

Sam wins by default.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Westbrooks showed up. MSam was more of a factor.

jjab360

Legend
Sam looked like a guy who won co-SEC DPOY out there, I noticed him at times even more than I did Aaron Donald. Showed some surprising explosiveness though I would like to see a little more agressiveness towards the end of plays, he hesitated on one where he should've finished the QB off.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sam looked like a guy who won co-SEC DPOY out there, I noticed him at times even more than I did Aaron Donald. Showed some surprising explosiveness though I would like to see a little more agressiveness towards the end of plays, he hesitated on one where he should've finished the QB off.

Well to be fair he has been making sure to NOT hit the QB all through camp. I think he can shake the hesitations.

jjab360

Legend
Well to be fair he has been making sure to NOT hit the QB all through camp. I think he can shake the hesitations.
According to him in a post game interview, he thought it was a screen pass and that's why he hesitated.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sam played better but I really hope we can keep Westbrooks on PS. He has good upside and just needs time IMO. He made a really good play in the first half where Ingram got through right side but Westbrooks chased him down after about 20 yards. Was very good hustle.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sam. He plays ST and he plays smarter, and he has more talent from what I can see. I don't want a guy who's going to get flags thrown every other play, that can't play ST.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Sam played better but I really hope we can keep Westbrooks on PS. He has good upside and just needs time IMO. He made a really good play in the first half where Ingram got through right side but Westbrooks chased him down after about 20 yards. Was very good hustle.

Seeing that Gerald Rivers got picked up by the Jags off our practice squad, don't get your hopes up if other teams look at our preseason tape. A lot of them will be looking at it because we're ridiculously stacked at D-Line

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Seeing that Gerald Rivers got picked up by the Jags off our practice squad, don't get your hopes up if other teams look at our preseason tape. A lot of them will be looking at it because we're ridiculously stacked at D-Line
I cant argue against that, just my hope is all.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
If it does come down to Sams vs Westbrooks who wins the roster spot?
Westbrooks because of his versatility to line up inside and outside on the line. I think the rams have enough special teams demons that it shouldn't be the deal breaker

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Got to be Sam at the moment, I think the guy has great potential - his name also sells jerseys ;)

Irish

Starter
Sam was all over the field, always around the ball, and his high motor showed up during marginally better talent than Westbrooks faced. Sam was without question the better player

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I thought both played pretty well last night, but the edge in game one has to go to Sam.

I wonder if there is a scenario where they keep 10 DL on the 53 man?

FRO

Legend
Sam is making the team. He played well. I also liked what I saw from Westbrooks in flashes. Doubt we can sneak him on the practice squad. Maybe we keep him over Conrath.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Conrath is already on the outside looking in if Sam makes it.

Quinn
Long
Sims
Hayes
Donald
Brockers
Langford

No question about those 7, right.

Carrington, I think is a safe 8th.

That leaves the 9th spot:

Sam
Westbrooks
Conrath

I suppose they could bring a 10th DL and go with 9 DBs or use 26 spots on defense and 24 on offense. Doubtful though.