Sammy Watkins celebrates TD too early, tackled

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I was a Watkins guy before the draft. If he was a Ram and did that, I'd be screaming at him and the coaches.

But he's not. It's still funny and interesting though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's scary to think that dude is a rookie. He's exactly what I thought he would and what I wish we had. Quick has definetely stepped up, but we still don't have a number one freaking receiver. Every team except us seem to have one.

jjab360

Legend
It's scary to think that dude is a rookie. He's exactly what I thought he would and what I wish we had. Quick has definetely stepped up, but we still don't have a number one freaking receiver. Every team except us seem to have one.
It wouldn't matter one bit with the way our O-line is playing right now.

Athos

Legend
Super funny, but the kid is absolutely legit. Just like I thought he was. All it took was Orton for his numbers to start to explode.

I wish we had the players getting down field to even celebrate early. We don't even have that right now.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Absolutely no other skill players need to be drafted. Offensive line and Line backers. Draft 10 of the MF'ers next year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
this made me think about Jerry Rice celebrating a touchdown by spreading his arms out but the ball slipped out of his hand before he crossed the goal line...... but the refs still called it a touchdown

anybody else remember that play

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I still don't care what Sammy Davis Jr Watkins is doing in Buffalo. We're fine at the skill positions. We need a QB and a rebuilt OLine.
Anyone who thinks that we'd be anywhere different than 2-5 right now w/Watkins rather than Robinson is stoned.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I still don't care what Sammy Davis Jr Watkins is doing in Buffalo. We're fine at the skill positions. We need a QB and a rebuilt OLine.
Anyone who thinks that we'd be anywhere different than 2-5 right now w/Watkins rather than Robinson is stoned.
I do still think we'd be a better team eventually picking up a #1 WR, but this season was screwed either way... honestly, that was the case when Bradford went down.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish this thread didn't turn into a debate about our decision to pass on Watkins.

The intent was to lighten the mood. That play was kinda funny.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
We still don't have a QB or a #1 WR.

AD is fine when he's not getting pressured on 75% of his dropbacks. Quick is the #1 WR. He's developing nicely. We have plenty of options at WR, just no body that can utilize them correctly.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I wish this thread didn't turn into a debate about our decision to pass on Watkins.

I don't think it has. At least that wasn't my intention.

I said at the time that while I wanted Watkins, Robinson was a Ram and Watkins wasn't and was likely never to be. I stand by that.

Watkins has done some things well this year, but made a rookie mistake today.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Yeah it was a good idea. :ROFLMAO:

Its a tough road to travel on right now...as i'm sure you well know my friend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it has. At least that wasn't my intention.

I said at the time that while I wanted Watkins, Robinson was a Ram and Watkins wasn't and was likely never to be. I stand by that.

Watkins has done some things well this year, but made a rookie mistake today.

I liked Sammy before the draft and wish him well now... Especially being in the AFC.

Alan

Legend
Having Watkins wouldn't have affected the score of today's game IMO. Having an O-line, LB corps, a decent FS and some of our starting CBs on the field would have made a difference though.

iced

really makes me laugh at the people who referred to him as average, not that special, or had others (like mike evans) were close to him in talent level

Athos

Legend
Don't know how you can look at this line and not be thankful for the GRob pick. Our line would be lightyears worse right now and I was the biggest of the big Watkins honks.

Fact is......we need line help.