Saffold & Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Counting in Roger Scaffold is fools gold. I know, he looks and acts like he should be a hall of fame lineman. Supposedly he is an extremely hard work who is Bionic Man string in weight room, but I seriously doubt Roger Scaffold could do a low impact water aerobics class for senior citizens recovering from hip replacement for an entire year without injuring himself. To top that off when he does play , his game has been deteriorating the last couple of years. Roger Scaffold is exactly what's wrong with Jeff Fisher. Another case where he refuses to see the obvious, refuses to move on, and is loyal to a fault. Being loyal isn't a fault in NFL, being BLIND ASS LOYAL is. Everyone on this board seems to love Kenny Britt. If and I say IF because I don't have any confidence in our FO , Fisher is fired, Britt will not be the no.1 reciever another year. A new coach will draft one or bring one in, and Britt will be phased out. He doing well this year because, well, who the hell else is there? They seem to want to avoid throwing the ball to Austin, so Britt is it. Our WR and OL will be turned over, reworked, and dismantled under any regime that is brought in. Both things that should have been done already. I'll be slammed for this, because any post that is detrimental always is. So go ahead , say I'm wrong, stupid , whatever....but watch. When new coach takes over, watch who are the first ones out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be nice if Britt isn't our #1 WR next year. If he's retained, I doubt he's phased out if he plays like he is this year. Britt is playing well this year. He's separated well all year, hasn't dropped passes like he has in the past, and is fighting for yardage. If he's retained, I'd love to have him as a #2 WR. We'd have a heck of a WR corp if Britt plays like he is this year and still is only our #2 WR.

However, it's also impossible to ignore that this is a contract year. Will he have the same fight next year?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I watched 12 hours of NFL football yesterday. 12 hours nonstop. Here's what sticks out to me most from all those hours...

The QB of the raiders (Carr) takes a weird snap and his finger is grossly dislocated. It looked like Holt's finger sticking out. Hard to look at. Carr runs to the locker room... he says it's the worst pain he's ever experienced. No way that he's gonna be able to play right??? NO... they snap his finger back into place... It's on his throwing hand mind you... he puts on a glove and returns to the game and leads his team back for a victory.

Saffold. Comes up with a hand injury of some kind and goes into the locker room for x-rays. X-rays are negative. He is determined to have a BRUISED hand. Saffold knows he is playing in place of the benched starter and the O-Line is a rag tag unit. So... he does not return to the game. His bruised hand is just too painful for him obviously.

Yeah. That's our warrior and leader of the O-Line.

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I watched 12 hours of NFL football yesterday. 12 hours nonstop. Here's what sticks out to me most from all those hours...

The QB of the raiders (Carr) takes a weird snap and his finger is grossly dislocated. It looked like Holt's finger sticking out. Hard to look at. Carr runs to the locker room... he says it's the worse pain he's ever experienced. No way that he's gonna be able to play right??? NO... they snap his finger back into place... It's on his throwing hand mind you... he puts on a glove and returns to the game and leads his team back for a victory.

Saffold. Comes up with a hand injury of some kind and goes into the locker room for x-rays. X-rays are negative. He is determined to have a BRUISED hand. Saffold knows he is playing in place of the benched starter and the O-Line is a rag tag unit. So... he does not return to the game. His bruised hand is just too painful for him obviously.

I know what you're saying Selassie but I think you might be being a bit unfair on Mr Glass here. We don't know what the injury to the hand was other than it being not a bone break. That still could be anything - ligament damage etc. Also, a dislocated finger is incredibly painful, but once its snapped back into position and strapped up it can be protected. Finally, playing offensive tackle is a bit different because he uses his hands as clubs and they get beat up on every single play. The Quarterback is hoping his hands dont get beat up (again) and can play to protect it (they played Carr solely out of shotgun after the injury - even on the kneel downs he was in the pistol). You can't protect an offensive lineman.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I know what you're saying Selassie but I think you might be being a bit unfair on Mr Glass here. We don't know what the injury to the hand was other than it being not a bone break. That still could be anything - ligament damage etc. Also, a dislocated finger is incredibly painful, but once its snapped back into position and strapped up it can be protected. Finally, playing offensive tackle is a bit different because he uses his hands as clubs and they get beat up on every single play. The Quarterback is hoping his hands dont get beat up (again) and can play to protect it (they played Carr solely out of shotgun after the injury - even on the kneel downs he was in the pistol). You can't protect an offensive lineman.

They said it was a BRUISED hand. That was the report.

Meanwhile... Brown was playing with a BROKEN hand at the O'Line position.

Oh,,, and how about our tiny CB playing with a BROKEN toe this year?

Look.... the injury may be pretty bad. That is true. But there are players who find a way to get out onto the field no matter what,,, and there are players who do not.

Did you see Carr's finger btw? He came back in and was slinging 50 yard rockets with that very finger.

The trainers have access to some good pain blockers. Real good ones.

fearsomefour

Legend
It made sense to keep Saffold this year given there was not much cap relief to cutting him and the line is so young.
His level of play has not been there this year overall.
So, cut him after this year.
That saves about $4.2M is cap space. Cut Williams and Mrphy as well, that is another $1.1.
So, that frees up $5.3M in cap space.
That creates a need to add a T and maybe a G in FA.
Who do you go after?
Yeah, I haven't looked at it either.
A best case is a signing like Donald Penn with the Raiders. A bit undervalued in the market his was not a huge deal for a LT, but, he has grades put as a top 10 LT in his time in Oakland. Hard to find deals like that. My faith in this admins ability to judge talent anywhere but D line DBs is not strong at this point.
Adding a couple of mid level FA type lineman may be the way to go, let them compete with the youngsters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

The QB of the raiders (Carr) takes a weird snap and his finger is grossly dislocated. It looked like Holt's finger sticking out. Hard to look at. Carr runs to the locker room... he says it's the worst pain he's ever experienced. No way that he's gonna be able to play right??? NO... they snap his finger back into place... It's on his throwing hand mind you... he puts on a glove and returns to the game and leads his team back for a victory.

IMO the real true hard nose leader of this OL is Tim Barnes by a far margin. I saw the injury to his ankle foot a few games back....I saw a snapping motion that made me cringe. I think our center Barnes is far more injured than we really know & he continues to start & play. If you can go back to the DVR & watch the injury you will see a bonifide true warrior.

Psycho_X

Legend

Wow, hadn't heard it was just a bruise. That is terrible if the case. I was thinking when it happened that maybe it'd be the kind of break where they could club it up and he'd be able to come back in if he had to. But just a bruise? Come on man, wrap that thing up and splint it up if you need to but get back into the game. I don't know, it seemed like a lot of the team quit yesterday in a lot of phases of the game. But this is just pathetic if true.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Our WR and OL will be turned over, reworked, and dismantled under any regime that is brought in. Both things that should have been done already. I'll be slammed for this, because any post that is detrimental always is. So go ahead , say I'm wrong, stupid , whatever....but watch. When new coach takes over, watch who are the first ones out.
Not in 2017. And if they're coached up, I could imagine many staying....the one player I'd always thought if replaced could really help the unit is \/ this guy.

IMO the real true hard nose leader of this OL is Tim Barnes by a far margin. I saw the injury to his ankle foot a few games back....I saw a snapping motion that made me cringe. I think our center Barnes is far more injured than we really know & he continues to start & play. If you can go back to the DVR & watch the injury you will see a bonifide true warrior.
As hard as it is for me to say this boni (I've been bashing Barnes for 3 years), I must agree with you finally. If the other 4 guys had stones like Barnes....the work ethic...with all their talents...geez.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
They said it was a BRUISED hand. That was the report.

Meanwhile... Brown was playing with a BROKEN hand at the O'Line position.

Oh,,, and how about our tiny CB playing with a BROKEN toe this year?

Look.... the injury may be pretty bad. That is true. But there are players who find a way to get out onto the field no matter what,,, and there are players who do not.

Did you see Carr's finger btw? He came back in and was slinging 50 yard rockets with that very finger.

The trainers have access to some good pain blockers. Real good ones.

Carr was wincing with every throw, too. Even had to use the shotgun snap for the victory formation. Definitely a leader by example.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Could not have said it better. Absolutely 100% spot on. That tells you a lot about both guys.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Counting in Roger Scaffold is fools gold. I know, he looks and acts like he should be a hall of fame lineman. Supposedly he is an extremely hard work who is Bionic Man string in weight room, but I seriously doubt Roger Scaffold could do a low impact water aerobics class for senior citizens recovering from hip replacement for an entire year without injuring himself. To top that off when he does play , his game has been deteriorating the last couple of years. Roger Scaffold is exactly what's wrong with Jeff Fisher. Another case where he refuses to see the obvious, refuses to move on, and is loyal to a fault. Being loyal isn't a fault in NFL, being BLIND ASS LOYAL is. Everyone on this board seems to love Kenny Britt. If and I say IF because I don't have any confidence in our FO , Fisher is fired, Britt will not be the no.1 reciever another year. A new coach will draft one or bring one in, and Britt will be phased out. He doing well this year because, well, who the hell else is there? They seem to want to avoid throwing the ball to Austin, so Britt is it. Our WR and OL will be turned over, reworked, and dismantled under any regime that is brought in. Both things that should have been done already. I'll be slammed for this, because any post that is detrimental always is. So go ahead , say I'm wrong, stupid , whatever....but watch. When new coach takes over, watch who are the first ones out.

IDK why you decided to make post #3452346 that leads to another fire Jeff Fisher rehash.

Nothing you said is wrong, it's obvious whenever a new coaching staff occurs there are lots of changes. On any team. It's not news.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IDK why you decided to make post #3452346 that leads to another fire Jeff Fisher rehash.

Nothing you said is wrong, it's obvious whenever a new coaching staff occurs there are lots of changes. On any team. It's not news.
Funny, I wondered why you posted saying my post was redundant. 11 people responded....did you respond to all of the other 3000? If you didn't and you took time to respond to mine, I feel special. Fan Forum...where fans go to express the opinions and frustrations with other fans....if we only has 1 post per topic, Wed have about a page of posts with 20,000 replies in each one. Either way, I did not know I upset the Forum Police.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Funny, I wondered why you posted saying my post was redundant. 11 people responded....did you respond to all of the other 3000? If you didn't and you took time to respond to mine, I feel special. Fan Forum...where fans go to express the opinions and frustrations with other fans....if we only has 1 post per topic, Wed have about a page of posts with 20,000 replies in each one. Either way, I did not know I upset the Forum Police.

Whether you upset me is irrelevant. I have the same luxury on fan forums to express my opinion and to counter the mob mentality.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if it was just a bruise then thats a punk move by saffold what ever happened to wiping some dirt on it and getting back in there. ive played amateur rugby with guys that wanted to carry on with gaping cuts on their head.. broken fingers..one guy arried on after losing three qurters of an ear ...and we werent getting paid millions //// He has gone down in my estimation (and ive never thought highly of him in the first place) good player but as this show he doesn't have the right attitude and cant stay healthy ..i really wish we could have saddled the raiders with his injury prone ass

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier

Couldn't have said it better Selassie.
However I heard it was a Bruised Giney and a Bruised Giney can lead
to Gineyitis and that could have him sidelined for weeks.Let's
hope it doesn't get worser.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I seriously had to look up Giney wasn't in my vernacular.