Rudolph to IR, Nelson Spruce out for 1-2 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
And I say why not get Hype on Spruce? He's only done it in college, all through camp, and now his first NFL game. So he's been consistently excellent for awhie. The only thing NOT consistent.....is the Rams other receivers.

NELSON SPRUCE
with-gloves-catch.gif

The Other WR's
football16.gif

Please bring the proper equipment vs the CHIEFS
FgEgUggKaXCwwNvNDgBm2Dl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why "hype" a guy that comes in with the game on the line, makes 6 critical catches, 3 on 3rd down he converts to a 1st, one on 4th down he converts to a 1st, and a friggin TD. 5 of his 6 catches were CRITICAL to the game. How about the one over the middle thrown behind him and he goes up like an acrobat and grabs it BEHIND him? Who was the last Rams WR that had a series like that? I sure as hell can't remember. I've been waiting YEARS for Rams to bring in a guy like that.

Yeah, nothing to get "hyped" about. Rams are loaded with WR's that can do that. Granted it was scrub time, but those were still guys that made it to the NFL, not car salesmen. No one can argue Spruce should get a chance to show his skills with the 1st or 2nd team.

For now, count me as one who is "hyped". None of the other Rams WR's have shown squat, either OTA's, TC or pre-season.
Danny Amendola was that guy. I remember when he had 15 catches against the Redskins. The guy was just too injury prone. Hopefully this won't be the case for Nelson.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Come on RAMpage you know me better that that. Here's how I took your post .....as giving me direction & instruction that I did not want or desire to hear right now after the total fail mode our WR hands have been in for many years now, but I will thank you for your concern on that I was looking silly here. After all I have this starchy policed ROD image here for yrs as being way too intense & taking myself way too serious:).

The word you utilized "hype" can be & is associated with such words gull, trick or deception too. I would hope most know was not serious & I would never consider him our best Ram WR. However it is the best "Hands" performance I have seen from a Ram WR in many years. For me it is a well welcome site. So please tolerate my silliness for a bit till I return to my boring self again.

I'm still waiting for Saffold to get hurt, like you say !! Mr. Serious.

--Then I'm waiting for Tavon not being very productive ??? Spruce is way better than he is ??? I might actually give you going over the middle,other than that
I can't take you to seriously .

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Why "hype" a guy that comes in with the game on the line, makes 6 critical catches, 3 on 3rd down he converts to a 1st, one on 4th down he converts to a 1st, and a friggin TD. 5 of his 6 catches were CRITICAL to the game. How about the one over the middle thrown behind him and he goes up like an acrobat and grabs it BEHIND him? Who was the last Rams WR that had a series like that? I sure as hell can't remember. I've been waiting YEARS for Rams to bring in a guy like that.

Yeah, nothing to get "hyped" about. Rams are loaded with WR's that can do that. Granted it was scrub time, but those were still guys that made it to the NFL, not car salesmen. No one can argue Spruce should get a chance to show his skills with the 1st or 2nd team.

For now, count me as one who is "hyped". None of the other Rams WR's have shown squat, either OTA's, TC or pre-season.

That's simply not true. Presason is only one game deep, so a bit early to condem the entire WR corps.

Why devalue an entire group to bring up one guy anyway?

It's fine to be excited, just don't lift a guy on your shoulders and throw a parade for him after a single game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes stay tuned....because I heard that Spruce was in the middle east brokering arms deals.

And I say why not get Hype on Spruce? He's only done it in college, all through camp, and now his first NFL game. So he's been consistently excellent for awhie. The only thing NOT consistent.....is the Rams other receivers. We all need a underdog hero.....so lets lighten up and have fun (y)
Nothing more fun than brokering an arms deal in the Middle East:)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Super Bowl is just a tad different from preseal on week one... I think.
Ya think?
Just trying to lighten the mood here man.
I have to go cut my lawn and I'm not looking forward to it

Hey, would you look at that? Nelson Spruce just stopped by and did it for me
Whadda guy!!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Ya think?
Just trying to lighten the mood here man.
I have to go cut my lawn and I'm not looking forward to it

Hey, would you look at that? Nelson Spruce just stopped by and did it for me
Whadda guy!!

Well, I'm not sure, so I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

That's nice of Spruce to do by the way.

He volunteers at my local soup kitchen as well. Real stand up dude.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
That's simply not true. Presason is only one game deep, so a bit early to condem the entire WR corps.

Why devalue an entire group to bring up one guy anyway?

It's fine to be excited, just don't lift a guy on your shoulders and throw a parade for him after a single game.

"Whatever NFL scouts penalized Spruce for in measurables, he makes up for in intangibles. Like impeccable footwork off the line of scrimmage, which buys him back the split-second he lacks in prototypical wide receiver speed. Spruce’s footwork enables him to get past faster defenders off the line of scrimmage, which means he’s a step ahead of them from the get go. That’s critical at this stage. Throw in his precision route running and sure hands, and all of a sudden it doesn’t matter that he doesn’t run a world-class 40-yard dash. The point is to get open and catch the ball, and Spruce has been doing that all during camp and continued to do so on Saturday".Vincent Bonsignore ‏http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=89515

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
"Whatever NFL scouts penalized Spruce for in measurables, he makes up for in intangibles. Like impeccable footwork off the line of scrimmage, which buys him back the split-second he lacks in prototypical wide receiver speed. Spruce’s footwork enables him to get past faster defenders off the line of scrimmage, which means he’s a step ahead of them from the get go. That’s critical at this stage. Throw in his precision route running and sure hands, and all of a sudden it doesn’t matter that he doesn’t run a world-class 40-yard dash. The point is to get open and catch the ball, and Spruce has been doing that all during camp and continued to do so on Saturday".Vincent Bonsignore ‏http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=89515

And... relevance?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm fine with people being excited about him, but to say stuff like "he's already the best receiver on the roster by far" is far too much. He had a good game and I'm ex cited about the chance of the the Rams finding a diamond in the rough, but I think the unironic hyperbole being thrown around is ridiculous.

I know you're not referring to me, because I didn't say he was the best receiver on our roster. However I DID say he was at the very least our 3rd best receiver, for sure, no doubt. I also went on the record after his 2nd catch in that game assuring everyone here that he will DEFINITELY make the team, no doubt about it. Spruce has already done enough to make this team. He's a lock.

Debacled

Starter
As of right now he is just another Andrew Helmick. Training camp hero (and I'm sure more than a few of you remember than name, Danny Amendola's prematurely anointed successor)

Make the opening day roster and that'll be a different story. Its the preseason, hype is simply just hype.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As of right now he is just another Andrew Helmick. Training camp hero (and I'm sure more than a few of you remember than name, Danny Amendola's prematurely anointed successor)

Make the opening day roster and that'll be a different story. Its the preseason, hype is simply just hype.
Not even close. Helmick was a local small college kid that was a camp story and caught what? 2 passes? He didn't have anything close to Spruce production...

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Nope. He's the real deal. He's on the team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nothing wrong with hype fellas....

Just hard to continue to live up to it...Pulling for Spruce...I pull for all the udfa's....that's a new thing of mine..well since 2012....I used to always assume they'd get cut if not for injuries....checking out the draft more closely has opened my eyes....but, I'm seriously into measurables:mrburnsevil:

Debacled

Starter
Not even close. Helmick was a local small college kid that was a camp story and caught what? 2 passes? He didn't have anything close to Spruce production...

Nope. He's the real deal. He's on the team.

The first couple of games he certainly looked like he had a future cut out for him on the team. Had nothing to do with him being an area small college guy. He looked really really good in the preseason, but we have to remember this is the preseason where lots of guys can look great, because they are playing against a bunch of guys who only get the call to suit up when teams are hurting.

Look he may make the team and may be a contributor, but the hype for a rookie undrafted WR. He is currently a slower (but quick) dude who went undrafted and looks good in camp, against other camp bodies. He hasn't had a single catch in the NFL nor has he been on a regular season roster. If he does end up being an impact guy it won't be for a couple seasons.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
The first couple of games he certainly looked like he had a future cut out for him on the team. Had nothing to do with him being an area small college guy. He looked really really good in the preseason, but we have to remember this is the preseason where lots of guys can look great, because they are playing against a bunch of guys who only get the call to suit up when teams are hurting.

Look he may make the team and may be a contributor, but the hype for a rookie undrafted WR. He is currently a slower (but quick) dude who went undrafted and looks good in camp, against other camp bodies. He hasn't had a single catch in the NFL nor has he been on a regular season roster. If he does end up being an impact guy it won't be for a couple seasons.

Nope. Impact player THIS season. It's so easy to see when you watch him. He's got that certain something. He makes the team, he gets some decent playing time. Done deal.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hey 28, who said "Spruce is already the best WR on the roster by far"? And it what thread?

And yeah, Spruce has me hyped, but I get that he still has to show he can get it done with the ones. From what I;ve seen so far I bet he does.