Round 1: shock release, shock survival

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah,Sean Hooey isn't a football player. Surprised he made first cuts. Maybe they need him to beat up on in practice? Idk.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
mojorizen7 said:
Yeah,Sean Hooey isn't a football player. Surprised he made first cuts. Maybe they need him to beat up on in practice? Idk.

With Barksdale's infection and Saffold just getting back, they probably want to keep him for depth for the moment.

X said:
iced said:
X said:
Maybe Spagnuolo knew what he was doing after all ... :what:

huh?

the same guy who brought in tim carter as a starting wide receiver?
That was Devaney.

And Spags. You better bet Spags had a lot of input on each mode.

I can say with confidence that Spags did NOT know what he was doing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:

Well, most of that was tongue-in-cheek. I think Spags did the best he could with the hand he was dealt, but he was ultimately responsible for roster decisions whereas Devaney was charged with bringing guys in. If Spags was a failure for Tim Carter (lol), then he also gets credit for Amendola, Gibson, Alexander, Bradford, Laurinaitis, Kendricks, etc.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Afro Ram said:
Memphis Ram said:
Afro Ram said:
No I meant I didn't care for the way he played

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 4

But when have you seen him play?

Alright memphis. I csn admit when I'm wrong. I honestly think I got him mixed up with Rocky Mcintosh or some other free agent we brought in. I looked him up and I was like wait a minute we drafted this guy? Man.. just isn't my thread. Ugg. Lol

Oh. I thought I had missed something. :ww:

iced

X said:
iced said:
X said:

huh?

That was Devaney.

And Spags put him into the starting lineup as a starting Wide receiver....

can't tell ya how many td's he dropped from bulger lol, one of 'em a wide open walk in on the goal line

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
X said:
iced said:
X said:

huh?

That was Devaney.

can't tell ya how many td's he dropped from bulger lol, one of 'em a wide open walk in on the goal line
Man, you guys reached for Tim Carter :boing: Hold grudges much? Thankfully, that is all in our past.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jabara Williams: 3 camps, 2 seasons, 3 cuts.

It sort of looks like Williams isn't very good.

I guess, of course, if he could stay healthy he could change that. But there in lies the rub.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:

I guess, of course, if he could stay healthy he could change that. But there in lies the rub.
Hmmm, maybe he needs to get cut one more time, like James Harrison, who also spent two seasons on and off practice squads.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Hmmm, maybe he needs to get cut one more time, like James Harrison, who also spent two seasons on and off practice squads.

Yeah, exceptions happen.

But... more often than not; you get cut 3 times you probably suck. I don't have any stats to back this up; but I suspect it's pretty overwhelming.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, exceptions happen.

But... more often than not; you get cut 3 times you probably suck. I don't have any stats to back this up; but I suspect it's pretty overwhelming.
If we are throwing around the word suck, then I don't agree with the logic, because if you suck, why would you keep getting signed? If he sucked so bad, why did we sign him? Why was he running with the two's? What does that say about our staff?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, exceptions happen.

If we are throwing around the word suck, then I don't agree with the logic, because if you suck, why would you keep getting signed? If he sucked so bad, why did we sign him? Why was he running with the two's? What does that say about our staff?

Well, DR... he's a hall-of-famer compared to my football skills.

So... sub out the word "suck" for "not very good". Or whatever sounds more appropriate. Perhaps "CFL candidate". I dunno?

The fact of the matter is... he's been cut 3 times in 2+ seasons. That's a pretty good indicator he's not going to make it in this league. As the very least, he's not someone I'm going to sweat about joining another team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:

Well, most of that was tongue-in-cheek. I think Spags did the best he could with the hand he was dealt, but he was ultimately responsible for roster decisions whereas Devaney was charged with bringing guys in. If Spags was a failure for Tim Carter (lol), then he also gets credit for Amendola, Gibson, Alexander, Bradford, Laurinaitis, Kendricks, etc.

I think Spags and Devaney both did shiot jobs.

Spags's personality was not a good fit for the job and he did not understand how to do his job well. On top of that, the team was poorly coached because his assistants sucked for the most part(there were a couple I liked) and he made a lot of poor personnel choices...like James Butler.

And then Devaney just struggled to draft well and to sign free agents.

It was a bad regime. Spags might have done the BEST HE COULD with the hand he was dealt but the best he could wasn't close to good enough.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
It was a bad regime. Spags might have done the BEST HE COULD with the hand he was dealt but the best he could wasn't close to good enough.
Got me there.

Too bad (for him) because I liked Spags.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
Got me there.

I didn't. I supported the man until he proved to me that he was not a capable HC.

iced

DR RAM said:
iced said:
X said:
iced said:
X said:

huh?

That was Devaney.

Man, you guys reached for Tim Carter :boing: Hold grudges much? Thankfully, that is all in our past.

I didn't reach for Tim carter - Devaney and Spags did...

Even my PTSD dreams weren't as bad as The tim carter dreams *shudders*

And is it really reaching if I still remember it?

Hilarious how spags wasn't involved though in a former ny giant..that'd be a first...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
jrry32 said:
Got me there.

I liked Spags too.

I'm not sure when, I think I ignored it his rookie year... it became obvious he was selecting the wrong coaches and making terrible roster choices.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
DR RAM said:
iced said:
X said:
iced said:
X said:

huh?

That was Devaney.

I didn't reach for Tim carter - Devaney and Spags did...

Even my PTSD dreams weren't as bad as The tim carter dreams *shudders*

And is it really reaching if I still remember it?

Hilarious how spags wasn't involved though in a former ny giant..that'd be a first...
Tim Carter started 0 games for us, had what, 1 reception? Kudos for your good memory, and sorry for your nightmares. I've never given the guy a second thought. The dialogue between me and X is just continued banter that we've had over this guy for a few years.

I'm not really interested in a bashfest of former players, and staffs, although I don't mind joking about them :hehe:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just fair warning. If the Spags debate reignites, I'm going to post my 100,000 word thesis statement on what happened to the Rams after 2008 - including every single salary cap consideration and forced roster move in 2009; the socioeconomic impact of a rookie pay scale allowed to grow out of control; every single free agent that was relegated to restricted (as opposed to unrestricted) during the offseason because of the CBA negotiation; every single injury that took place and how long they were (coupled with who the replacement was); and the cause-n-effect of installing a McDaniels system with no off-season and trying to master it with the most injury plagued offense in anyone's recent memory (and that includes dudes who watched this team since the 50's).

And THAT -- was just the forward. :hehe:

Oh. And I'll pin it 40 times to the main page so you have to go to page 2 to see new posts.

BOOM. #WINNING.

iced

DR RAM said:
Tim Carter started 0 games for us,
had what, 1 reception?
Kudos for your good memory, and sorry for your nightmares. I've never given the guy a second thought. The dialogue between me and X is just continued banter that we've had over this guy for a few years.

I'm not really interested in a bashfest of former players, and staffs, although I don't mind joking about them :hehe:

That's cause he dropped all the other passes :bign:

Pretty sure he was with us for 4 games or so - the vikings drop in the endzone was his last game I believe. Sadly I think Mcmichael followed him with a TD drop too..

-sigh-

compare those rosters now vs then, pretty evident they didn't know what they were doing... i mean hell, when fisher took over we had what, 38 players cut from the team? and only a handful or so are still in the nfl.

^ that's pretty telling of how competent a regime is...i really started to dislike spags when i heard more about his control freakishness at the dome and also when he left and went to the saints.

thanks for the condolences