Rooting for Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didnt pick up on this before, but Head Coach Dan Campbell is signed for 6 years.

That’s an unusual deal. Brad Holmes deal is 5yrs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I didnt pick up on this before, but Head Coach Dan Campbell is signed for 6 years.

That’s an unusual deal. Brad Holmes deal is 5yrs.

This was done for a reason, people & Campbell understood the job at hand, they wanted the Lions to commit. Now, IMO, I would have let Brad Holmes hire the Head Coach, I'm sure he signed off on it, but so far, I'm not impressed by Campbell and taking over the play calling is also a concern. Now I expect him to hire a viable Offensive Coordinator in the offseason, however, Campbell could also use a former Head Coach to assist with game management, but he had Anthony Lynn, who was noted as not a strong game manager and knowing Campbell, he'll hire Jason Garrett as Assistant Head Coach and we all know how good he managed games in Dallas.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've watched enough of the Lions games to know that at least 3 of those loses were due to coaching mistakes. But after this last fiasco if Holmes doesn't change the coaches they will lose the team and equally important they will erode the fanbase.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That fan base isn't going anywhere ond. They're like we were for so many years, hardened by losing. They're used to it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That fan base isn't going anywhere ond. They're like we were for so many years, hardened by losing. They're used to it.
Most that I have talked to know that Campbell isn't the long term answer he's there to steward them while Holmes builds the roster. On the road to there he's supposed to build up a hard working culture in their opinions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Most that I have talked to know that Campbell isn't the long term answer he's there to steward them while Holmes builds the roster. On the road to there he's supposed to build up a hard working culture in their opinions.
They may be right too. I'm just observing that logic should apply to all concerned with that team not just certain players.

Also I am also of the mind that leadership is more important than many realize. Who you have standing in front of the players in that locker room. So many owners go with the guys who they think give them an edge schematically, which certainly matters. But many of those guys just don't have what it takes to lead a roster of alpha males. You gotta have some gravitas to you and in that regard Campbell has played in this league and knows what it takes.

So if I'm Brad right now I'm pissed about the losses but keeping an eye down the road. Really the issue with Campbell is in today's NFL if you don't have a rare mind running the show that rare mind gets poached. But as much losing as they have seen I would be fine with Campbell being HC for now as you say stewarding them and if he shows me enough then I keep him around. Either way I wouldn't be condemning him at this point, it's tough to do that when the roster quality is so bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

That makes sense. Do they really have that kind of long term vision? That would be new for the Lions, and sort of rare these days overall.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That makes sense. Do they really have that kind of long term vision? That would be new for the Lions, and sort of rare these days overall.
They've just traded away probably the 2nd or 3rd most popular player in many of their lives after Sanders and Megatron(maybe ahead of him) and see how bad the roster is. You have to look to the future or you're looking in the bottom of a bottle :D But yeah a lot realize this won't be fixed right away, so much so I see more of them talk about keeping Goff for his contract and just building up the team. This QB draft is highly questionable so why not take the Edge guy from Oregon who looks an absolute beast then take the bpa the rest of the way out.

Ellard80

Legend
What kind of coaching staff doesn't call a time out before the 2 minute warning when they want to get the ball back. They made a good stop on 1st down for no yardage with time left on the clock and then nothing. They let it run down to 2 minutes. That's not a coaching staff that knows what it's doing to win games.

plus on 3rd and 4 at the end of teh game when they had to have a stop in the red zone... the CBS were playing 10 yards off and just gave an easy 1st down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no long term team building in the NFL. The only thing that happens there is long term losing. The right coach, and GM can turn a team around right quick. The wrong coach? And keeping him around for too long? Well, that's what you get when you're the Lions, Jets, Browns etc. Decade of futility
I agree that the lack of talent is there, but the fact is that they've lost games because of poor coaching decisions, lack of execution and mental errors. That's not what you want your coach learning on the job

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Kind of incredible (in a sad way) that Josh Reynolds, a guy who was our #4 for basically his entire career and a source of frustration, steps in and is automatically their best WR.
Reminds me of a time....